kimmbo

Losing a furbaby...

35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, this is such a hard day for me..Last night (Feb 19th) at 7pm my sweet little "furbaby" Toby (cat) passed away... Ive had her for 16 years...I have no kids..she is/was my baby..My heart is broken.. I also have her 14 year old son Tippin (Tippy)..Last night before we took her to the vet I carried her into the bedroom so Tippy could see her...I held her next to him and he kissed his momma goodbye..like he knew what was happening..and she touched her nose to his...I held her head in my hand as she was given the shot and I felt my heart break.. I love her and miss her beyond words.. Its even hard for me to talk on the phone right now...my friends and family are calling but I cannot speak..I lost my dog Nipper when I was 14, and it was hard, but with Toby it was different..we had a bond that I cant explain in words..shes been with me since I was 19 years old..she was a stray that wandered into my yard...

I still have her bed on the floor and last night Tippin slept in it...he never did that before..Ive read on different websights about cats losing their companions..and some say to remove the old cat beds, linens, toys etc.. some say its ok to leave them for a little while if it seems to offer comfort to the cat that is grieving..

would love to hear from others who have lost their furbabies, and how you handled things left behind especially if their are other pets in the house..

Im waiting to receiver her ashes next week, and I also cut off a little clump of her hair after she passed to put in a shadow box with pictures.. what kind of memorials do you have? do you belong to any online? saw a couple Rainbow Bridge sights that offer gallery type memorials..

I had hoped that she would be well enough to make it back HOME to Las Vegas with us in April, now she will be our little angel watching over us..

post-30630-1203554178.jpg

Edited by kimmbo

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

my condolences about your cat....we have a cat and dog...they are our pseudo children as well. We both know that when the day comes that it will be a very difficult time for the both of us.

My thoughts and prayers are with you....

Our Timeline:

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-04-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-08-07

Packet 3 Received : 2007-09-10

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-09-12

Interview Date : 2008-02-13 Montreal U.S. Consulate APPROVED!

Visa Received By Mail : 2008-02-20

Moved: 2008-03-01 The long drive from Canada to Florida!

Applied for SSN : 2008-03-12

Received SSN by mail: 2008-03-21

Wedding Date : 2008-05-03

67Or.jpg.png

AOS, EAD & AP

Sent in AOS, EAD & AP Applications : 2008-05-09

AOS, EAD & AP Applications received by UCIS: 2008-05-12

AOS, EAD & AP NOA1 : 2008-05-16, received in mail 2008-05-20

AOS, EAD NOA2 : 2008-05-21, received in mail 2008-05-27

AOS Case transferred to CA: 2008-06-03

AOS Case being processed: 2008-06-09

Biometrics Interview: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-12

AOS touched: 2008-06-19

AOS Card production ordered: 2008-07-11

AOS Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident: 2008-07-14

AOS touched: 2008-07-16

AOS touched: 2008-07-17

U.S Resident's Card recieved in mail!!!!: 2008-07-18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. Losing a furbaby is always tough.

My childhood dog that passed away has his own pages in my life scrapbook, filled with pictures and memories. I still have pictures of him posted all over my room. I miss him dearly.

You have my sympathy during this hard time... please take care of yourself.

I-129F sent- 1/4/2007

I-129F received by Vermont Service Center- 1/8/2007

I-129F NOA1- 1/9/2007

Check cashed- 1/11/2007

I-129F NOA2- 1/24/2007

NVC received I-129F- 1/31/2007

Kurtis received packet from Montreal Consulate- 2/9/2007

Kurtis sent packet back to Montreal- 5/21/2007

Kurtis received interview date- 8/20/2007

Medical in Toronto- 9/11/2007

Interview in Montreal- 10/10/2007- APPROVED!

Received visa in mail- 10/15/2007

Traveled home to Massachusetts- 10/19/2007

Married- 10/31/2007

Mailed AOS packet- 1/23/2008

NOA issued- 1/30/2008

USCIS cashed check- 2/1/2008

Received RFE- 2/19/2008

Biometrics appointment- 2/21/2008 (in Providence, RI)

EAD application touched- 2/22/2008

Request for Evidence received by USCIS- 2/26/2008

EAD touched- 4/28/2008

AOS transferred to California Service Center- 5/16/2008

AOS touched- 5/27/2008

Called USCIS to have them do a case trace on our stale EAD- 5/27/2008

AOS touched- 5/29/2008

EAD card production ordered- 6/2/2008

AP approved- 6/2/2008

EAD received- 6/9/2008 (WOOHOO!!!!)

AP received- 6/9/2008

AOS touched- 6/19/2008

Total time it took to process EAD and AP- 129 days (boooo!)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kimmbo,

Humans grieve. Animals need to grieve too. I do volunteer work with cats and you as well as I know they are sentient beings. Extremely. So let Tippy sleep in Toby's bed for as long as he wants. Keep his own bed around too. One day, he will only go to his own bed. As for Toby's things, keep them around, too. Tippy will appreciate her smell and extra toys. You only remove Toby's things when YOU are ready to. There is no Miss Manners guide that dictates how long you can grieve for. A month, a few years, it's all up to you. Take this lost at your own pace.

What a commendable thing you have done in giving this animal love, a home, an otherwise very different life she would have had as a stray.

I am sorry for your loss. Take as much time as you need to grieve.

She's prolly in kittyland eating whipped cream and chasing butterflies so she has no idea why you're so sad.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

(((((((((((((((((((((Kimmbo)))))))))))))))))))))))))) oh honey, I'm so sorry...we went through this last year when Joel's beloved Zoe was put down. Our hearts are with you as you deal with Toby's passing. (F)

I will say this...grieve as long as you need. Don't let anyone....ANYONE....tell you what the time limit on grief is...for humans or animals (who really are like family). (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

I know exactly how you are feeling right now. I lost my furbaby, Cookie, on Sept 12, 2007. I brought her with me to the US when I left Canada to move back home to the US. She was my first pet and I loved that cat with all my heart. I know what you mean about having a special bond with a cat. Unfortunately Cookie got very sick and I finally had to have her put to sleep. I thought my world came to an end that day. Even reading your post and typing this is making me sob because it is still hard even though it has been 5 months since she has gone.

I do have another cat, Muffin, in the house and for days Muffin searched the house for Cookie. I had Cookie's favorite blanket that she slept on creamated with her. I did remove Cookie's toys except one that Muffin would not let me have and I put one of Cookie's favorite toys into a keepsake box. I also took a bunch of pictures of Cookie and put them in one of those frames where you can have multi pictures in it and I have it by my bed. I have adopted another kitten now that we have named Bobo and that has really helped Muffin along since she has someone with her again.

Hang in there and my thoughts are with you

03/29/2003 Our wedding in Canada

04/30/2004 I became a Permanant Resident of Canada!

IR-1/DCF

09/19/2006 Filed I-130

09/19/2006 I-130 approved!

10/05/2006 Packet 3 arrived with approval letter.

10/19/2006 Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

10/20/2006 Montreal receives Packet 3

01/23/2007 Everything currently on hold due to Adam Walsh Act :(

03/14/2007 E-mail from Montreal saying i'm clear from USCIS on Adam Walsh Act

03/22/2007 Got e-mail from Montreal that interview is May 22nd!

05/15/2007 Finally received interview letter

05/22/2007 Approved!!!!

05/28/2007 Visa arrived!!!

05/31/2007 Big move to the US

06/12/2007 SSN arrived

06/22/2007 Welcome letter arrived

06/28/2007 10 year Green Card arrived!!!

N-400

05/31/2010 Eligible to apply for citizenship

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Always hard to lay to rest a furry family member. I know I have shed many a tear. Take care

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

This broke my heart :(

I'm so very very sorry for your loss hon. Animals are very important in our lives, they are family. May your little Toby rest in peace always.

I also lost my Toby in 2001. He was an orange Tabby cat, my big orange boy. I still have his sister Cleo...she's my doll.

Toby was killed by a car. He had enough adrenaline to make it around the back where he died under a bush. He was only 3 years old. Cleo was there, she was cleaning his head and she stayed with him until he passed. We buried him in the back yard. For weeks Cleo went from room to room, meowing for her brother. It took her a good 3 months to get over it, but eventually she was okay.

Again, I'm so sorry.....Toby will be with you forever. (F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your cat. We all get very attached to our animals and they are a big part of the family. I had to put my Shepherd (Mindu) that I had for 14 yrs. down 3 yrs ago it was a heartbreaking time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Kimmbo))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Oh, I am so sorry! I have been there too - I had to put my beloved 16 year old Kirsty to sleep after 6 weeks of illness caused by the stress of our move to Georgia. She is buried on the top of the hill behind the house with a small garden, a small cat statue and a lady with a water basin statue in the garden. It is Kirsty's Garden. I buried her in her favourite cat bed but her other toys and belongings I left out. Our other five knew what was happening and were sober and quiet for a while after she passed. They knew that she was very sick.

I remember when I had to put another cat of mine to sleep - Robbie had been hit by a car before I got him and apparently over the years a small fragment of bone migrated through his body eventually piercing his intestines. We operated but he was not able to overcome the injury. His companion Silver grieved greatly and I remember the two of us comforting each other. Very shortly after that, we rescued Kirsty at 5 weeks old - the rest of her litter had died. Silver took to her immediately and became her surrogate mother even to the point of letting her 'nurse' even though there was no milk - it was the nurturing contact she required. Kirsty literally brought happiness and companionshp back to his life.

Comfort and cuddle Tippy and the two of you will help each other heal your grief. My loving thoughts are with you at this time.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hugs to you girl... So sorry for your loss, I know your baby will be missed.. I hope your heart is comforted today!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.