cal

Who else has been waiting over a year????

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
We are a few days from a year.

We had some issues at the Canadian border last year. The guy had never seen the extension letter before. We plan on going to Canada again in May. His 10 year green card would have been nice. We might need to get the stamp in the passport though.

Time to apply for citizenship I'm thinking. This is just RIDICULOUS.

Apparently some people think is OK with the situation we are right now waiting for over a year for the stupid GC to be approved and .........we're not a priority because we 're here That 's just drive me crazy

I'm wondering when this BS will end ???

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an idea.... :idea: What about a good old fashioned "media slam?"

Write and write and write.....to newspapers and tv staions (not to mention, it is an election year -- letters to congressmen and representatives)

Call in and call in and call in.......to ralk-radio.

Produce a 'form letter' that people from all over the country can take and make their own and 'mass mail."

I know what it is like to have that nervous "waiting" energy. I am sure we are going to be in that boat again verrrrry soon.....I would be all for something like this

You are just reading my mind ,I thought about that too !

Somehow this needs to be made public just to reflect the pain and aggravation we go through as decent immigrants obeying the law versus those that just jumped over the fence last night seeking a legal status in this country also .The second kind of immigrants will likely be approved much faster then us and ...FOR FREE

I have sent a few e-mails already to CNN (Lou Dobbs),we'll see if we get any attention

I was thinking about this today.

Hee-hee, I was watching CNN with Lou Dobbs a week ago or so. One of his commentators was talking about how it would now be easier to get a green card because USCIS will issue it to those that passed the finger print check, but not the name check to speed up the process (I assume they were talking about I-130s). So... USCIS upped the fees to get new buildings for their personnel (were their old buildings damanged during Katrina?.. they must've been... otherwise I don't see what could've warranted this kind of expense) and what they got in return is a backlog. Once they realized they have a backlog, they scratched their heads and decided... to compromise the security of the immigration process. Bloody brilliant thinking on the part of our government.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
If it's based on marriage, just apply for your citizenship.

We are going to this month. But you know, not everyone has the money unfortunately. And it's still another wait after that. Also, not everyone wants to become a citizen and that is their choice. My husband would not become one if it weren't to avoid future greencard renewals/fees/hassle. And that is kind of sad.

It's the principal of the matter, it shouldn't take a government office over a year to renew someones greencard. And it isn't fair to transfer applicants to the California office to be processed faster, and before some other applicants.

Just my opinion.

wise words Karen!

iansig -- good luck with your lawsuit.

Hello,

I am new to this website but I found it very useful. I have filed I-751 back on January 31, 2007 in Nebraska. No news until now. I am calling USCIS every month and today I decided to get the stamp since my 1 year extention s expiring on March 2nd.

The guy at Chicago office gave me a hard time. He asked if I am planning to travel and if not that he can not give me the stamp!!!!! I work in Sales and I travel all the time! I already cancelled 2 international trips because my boss didn't feel comfortable sending me with just piece of paper as my document. But that's not end of it. The stamp he finally put in my passport is valid for 60 days!!!! They said it is Chicago policy and he can not do anything about it...........That means that I will use my vacation days to keep going to immigration and getting little stamps.

I am angry and hopeless... :angry:

Please let me know if there is anyone who filed in January or February of 2007 at Nebraska and got approved. I would regain my hope.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
wise words Karen!

Hello,

I am new to this website but I found it very useful. I have filed I-751 back on January 31, 2007 in Nebraska. No news until now. I am calling USCIS every month and today I decided to get the stamp since my 1 year extention s expiring on March 2nd.

The guy at Chicago office gave me a hard time. He asked if I am planning to travel and if not that he can not give me the stamp!!!!! I work in Sales and I travel all the time! I already cancelled 2 international trips because my boss didn't feel comfortable sending me with just piece of paper as my document. But that's not end of it. The stamp he finally put in my passport is valid for 60 days!!!! They said it is Chicago policy and he can not do anything about it...........That means that I will use my vacation days to keep going to immigration and getting little stamps.

Please let me know if there is anyone who filed in January or February of 2007 at Nebraska and got approved. I would regain my hope.

No, these SOB did not approve anyone at NSC ,at least nobody from this forum .I'm wondering why do they keep that place still open ,nothing seems to be happening there ?

I got the feeling that the next time they update their website with processing dates we all going to be shocked again .What's going to be this time Feb 12 ?

What a bunch of A.....S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by iansig40

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
wise words Karen!

Hello,

Using up vacation time for that stinks. And it's also not fair that most other places, the stamp is for a year. How about some consistency!!!

wise words Karen!

Hello,

Using up vacation time for that stinks. And it's also not fair that most other places, the stamp is for a year. How about some consistency!!!

I thought everybody get stamp for 2 months only. That is a pleasant surprise for me that just chicago office is so generous.....

I just received my Tax refund and I am filing for citizenship on Monday.

It is interesting that not only we pay so much money for the application, but all the employees at immigration are paid by us!!!!! I pay taxes each year and this is what I get in response.

Thanks for the support and I will let you know if something happens.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
wise words Karen!

Hello,

No, these SOB did not approve anyone at NSC ,at least nobody from this forum .I'm wondering why do they keep that place still open ,nothing seems to be happening there ?

I got the feeling that the next time they update their website with processing dates we all going to be shocked again .What's going to be this time Feb 12 ?

What a bunch of A.....S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW that is SO wrong!!!!! WE SHOULD ALL GET TOGETHER FROM ALL THE STATES AND DO SOMETHING..... !!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON!!!

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks

I have been waiting for 38 months for GC. Went through the usual infopass, told nothing except I am in namecheck. Two months ago they called me in for another full set of finger prints for Nebraska as the original ones ran out couple of years ago. I read on here that if they call you in for fingerprints then GC is not far off. Oh well I suppose I can wait for another 38 months :-)

Just thought to let folks know that a year or longer is nothing to wait.

Cheers

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hi Folks

I have been waiting for 38 months for GC. Went through the usual infopass, told nothing except I am in namecheck. Two months ago they called me in for another full set of finger prints for Nebraska as the original ones ran out couple of years ago. I read on here that if they call you in for fingerprints then GC is not far off. Oh well I suppose I can wait for another 38 months :-)

Just thought to let folks know that a year or longer is nothing to wait.

Cheers

38 months??? You should have filed a petition for writ of mandamus against CIS in federal court ages ago. You would have long since had your GC by now.

Meh

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

closing in rapidly on a year as well.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I completed my one year today for I-751 and mailed my N-400.

----- I-751 -----

Mailed to NSC: 04/29/07

NOA: 05/03/07

Biometrics: 05/31/07

Transferred from NSC to CSC: 04/01/08

Card Production ordered: 05/09/08

10 yr GC received: 05/16/08

----- N-400 -----

Mailed to NSC: 04/29/08

Priority Date: 05/01/08

NOA: 05/06/08

1st Biometric date: 05/22/08 - Missed due to work travel

Biometrics: 05/28/08

Interview: 07/17/08

Oath: 08/29/08 : Missed due to my vacation plans

Oath: 09/26/2008 : Hooray, citizen of this country

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.