cal

Who else has been waiting over a year????

45 posts in this topic

Just wondering how many others are in the same boat as me. I have now been waiting since January 2007 for my 10 yr green card from NSC. I called to inquire on the status of my case about 5 weeks ago, and yesterday I received a letter telling me that my case is "currently awaiting adjudication by an immigration officer" DUHHHHHH fat lot of good that did.

Hoping to travel to Australia in May so I just want my damn greencard.

Edited by cal

Chris (Colorado) & Caroline (Australia)

Mar 17 2005 Became Conditional Permanent Resident - St Paddys Day

I-751 Application

Jan 9, 2007: Application for removal of conditions received at NSC.

April 1, 2008: Case transferred to CSC

April 9, 2008: Approved!!!! Card is on its way.

April 15, 2008: Received card in the mail. YAY!!!

N-400 Citizenship Application

Mar 19, 2008: Mailed in N-400 Application

Mar 27, 2008: Check cashed

Mar 31, 2008: Received NOA1. Priority Date March 21, 2008

Apr 4, 2008: Received Biometrics Appointment letter

Apr 16, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

Jun 6, 2008: Received Interview letter

July 14, 2008: Citizenship Interview. Passed. Awaiting oath ceremony date.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just wondering how many others are in the same boat as me. I have now been waiting since January 2007 for my 10 yr green card from NSC. I called to inquire on the status of my case about 5 weeks ago, and yesterday I received a letter telling me that my case is "currently awaiting adjudication by an immigration officer" DUHHHHHH fat lot of good that did.

Hoping to travel to Australia in May so I just want my damn greencard.

I'm in the same situation as you ,stuck with Nebraska that doesn't seem to do any work, processing our applications.I've been waiting for over one year and ....nothing

I called them numerous time also but like I said in a different topic you can't find any informations on their website .Waisting of time !

My Congressman contacted them and the solution was to go and get another stamp on my passport so I can travell,work...etc.

Well....I don't want another FU...ING stamp ,I want that stupid GC for wich I paid .

I'm just sick and tired with these A.....OLES playing games with us

:angry::angry::angry:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Have either of you made an infopass appointment to discuss this issue? Since one of you intends to travel, making an infopass appt would be a good idea to see if you can get another one year extension to your current green card. You two are not the only ones who are waiting, although I can only imagine it's frustrating to be waiting more than a year. But getting an extension to your card that would allow you to travel and work until your I-751 is approved. Just my humble opinion of course. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline
Have either of you made an infopass appointment to discuss this issue? Since one of you intends to travel, making an infopass appt would be a good idea to see if you can get another one year extension to your current green card. You two are not the only ones who are waiting, although I can only imagine it's frustrating to be waiting more than a year. But getting an extension to your card that would allow you to travel and work until your I-751 is approved. Just my humble opinion of course. :)

The problem is that I don't want to have this agony extended for one more year .I just want to get the GC and finish with them for 10 years ...that's all I want .After waiting for more then one year now ,another extension will not give me any satisfaction at all .Again how was it possible that people who applied after us(June, July 2007) they were transferred and now they are done ? That's something that I want to know

:angry::angry:

Timeline

No one is going to be able to answer this for you. At least no one here on VJ. No one wants the agony of waiting this long for your 10 yr GC to keep going on and on. That's why I suggested making an infopass appointment. That's all you CAN do. Another extension is the only thing you can do. I'm sorry it won't give you any satisfaction.

When my husband was going through the initial AOS process we watched COUNTLESS people get approved in weeks, one couple in a matter of 31 days, while we waited 10 months. There is no way to figure out how the system works and you will make yourself crazy trying to do so. Just do what you know you need to do to stay current. That's all you can do.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline
No one is going to be able to answer this for you. At least no one here on VJ. No one wants the agony of waiting this long for your 10 yr GC to keep going on and on. That's why I suggested making an infopass appointment. That's all you CAN do. Another extension is the only thing you can do. I'm sorry it won't give you any satisfaction.

When my husband was going through the initial AOS process we watched COUNTLESS people get approved in weeks, one couple in a matter of 31 days, while we waited 10 months. There is no way to figure out how the system works and you will make yourself crazy trying to do so. Just do what you know you need to do to stay current. That's all you can do.

I'm contemplating more and more about starting a laws suit against them .I have contacted a lawyer already but I will need a few more people that I can add their names so we can prove we have a good case here and make them pay for this lousy job they do getting paid top $$$$$$$$$

Under no circumstances I’m willing to pay them even more submitting another application (N-400) dreaming that my case will be processed faster .That seems to be a pattern for a lot of people here on VJ unfortunately .Doing so will generate even more $$$$$ for them while the resolution of our cases will stay the same or get even worst .Something must be done

Anybody there that may wants to join ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

wise words Karen!

iansig -- good luck with your lawsuit.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

I'm contemplating more and more about starting a laws suit against them .I have contacted a lawyer already but I will need a few more people that I can add their names so we can prove we have a good case here and make them pay for this lousy job they do getting paid top $$$$$

Under no circumstances I'm willing to pay them even more submitting another application (N-400) dreaming that my case will be processed faster .That seems to be a pattern for a lot of people here on VJ unfortunately .Doing so will generate even more $$$ for them while the resolution of our cases will stay the same or get even worst .Something must be done

Best wishes....I personally think you will have a very hard time with it. It will also be costly I'm sure.

Timeline

I'm contemplating more and more about starting a laws suit against them .I have contacted a lawyer already but I will need a few more people that I can add their names so we can prove we have a good case here and make them pay for this lousy job they do getting paid top $$$$$

Under no circumstances I'm willing to pay them even more submitting another application (N-400) dreaming that my case will be processed faster .That seems to be a pattern for a lot of people here on VJ unfortunately .Doing so will generate even more $$$ for them while the resolution of our cases will stay the same or get even worst .Something must be done

Best wishes....I personally think you will have a very hard time with it. It will also be costly I'm sure.

Yes of course I have a hard time with this BS. I waited long enough and I just want to get over with it once and for all. Everywhere you go with those extensions traveling outside US and coming back in you get harassed by the immigration asking tons of questions most of them not even knowing what an extension for I-751 is. All they know is ,do you have a GC or a US Passport ? And….I’m a Canadian not a citizen from one of the country listed as countries supporting terrorism

In my believe I feel that as long nobody does anything to change the situation ,things will continue just the way it is right now or most likely even worst .

Timeline

I'm contemplating more and more about starting a laws suit against them .I have contacted a lawyer already but I will need a few more people that I can add their names so we can prove we have a good case here and make them pay for this lousy job they do getting paid top $$$

Under no circumstances I'm willing to pay them even more submitting another application (N-400) dreaming that my case will be processed faster .That seems to be a pattern for a lot of people here on VJ unfortunately .Doing so will generate even more $$ for them while the resolution of our cases will stay the same or get even worst .Something must be done

Yes of course I have a hard time with this BS. I waited long enough and I just want to get over with it once and for all. Everywhere you go with those extensions traveling outside US and coming back in you get harassed by the immigration asking tons of questions most of them not even knowing what an extension for I-751 is. All they know is ,do you have a GC or a US Passport ? And….I'm a Canadian not a citizen from one of the country listed as countries supporting terrorism

In my believe I feel that as long nobody does anything to change the situation ,things will continue just the way it is right now or most likely even worst .

Being Canadian has no effect whatsoever on your application. I KNOW you are frustrated. But so are all the others on here in the same situation you are. My husband is Canadian too, but that didn't keep him from having to wait 10 months for the FBI namecheck to clear, when there were others who filed MONTHS after we did and were APPROVED in a matter of weeks.

You're right...it's not fair to have to wait like this and I'm sure everyone here who has been waiting for a LONG time wish this was just over and done with. You have your extension, correct? You are still legal for work and travel. That's what SHOULD matter. IMHO.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have travelled using my GC extension letter and didn't have a lick of trouble. In fact, the officer was visibly pleased that I was organized, familiar with the process and had all my paperwork in order. Guess I was lucky that day or something.

Being Canadian does not exempt us from scrutiny, nor does it mean that we get treated better or differently, even though we have a long history of good relations with the US. So I expect to get questioning when I go through the POE, and am pleasantly surprised when I don't.

My job in all this mess is to make sure I am educated about this process, and to take action when it is needed and warranted. I personally don't think a lawsuit will get the results I am looking for. I am looking into lobby groups dedicated to make change in this crazy process we are all in, because I think that is where my energy should be spent. Iansig, you feel that a lawsuit is in order, and that's up to you, it's your choice! Again, good luck and best wishes to you in that.

And was I cross and frustrated when I saw a group of us stuck at Texas while people transferred to California got their cards in quicktime? Heck yes I was. Am I frustrated on others' behalf (like our fellow VJe'rs in Nebraska) ?? Heck yes. But I'm not going to develop an ulcer over it! I refuse to let them have that kind of control over me!

Edited by Cassie

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline
I have travelled using my GC extension letter and didn't have a lick of trouble. In fact, the officer was visibly pleased that I was organized, familiar with the process and had all my paperwork in order. Guess I was lucky that day or something.

Being Canadian does not exempt us from scrutiny, nor does it mean that we get treated better or differently, even though we have a long history of good relations with the US. So I expect to get questioning when I go through the POE, and am pleasantly surprised when I don't.

My job in all this mess is to make sure I am educated about this process, and to take action when it is needed and warranted. I personally don't think a lawsuit will get the results I am looking for. I am looking into lobby groups dedicated to make change in this crazy process we are all in, because I think that is where my energy should be spent. Iansig, you feel that a lawsuit is in order, and that's up to you, it's your choice! Again, good luck and best wishes to you in that.

And was I cross and frustrated when I saw a group of us stuck at Texas while people transferred to California got their cards in quicktime? Heck yes I was. Am I frustrated on others' behalf (like our fellow VJe'rs in Nebraska) ?? Heck yes. But I'm not going to develop an ulcer over it! I refuse to let them have that kind of control over me!

Yes ,you're right in what you 're saying and I do agree 100% with you !

However I feel that if nobody takes any action to correct the problem then...we 're set for a long ,long wait .At least we shall force them somehow to provide some sort of explanation for all this delay and why some are processed so fast while other are just left to despair and wonder what's happening .

Yes ,being Canadian doesn't give you the right to be approved right away but still....how much threat we bring to this country versus people from Middle East ? After so much investigation they did since I started this nightmare in 2003 I would expect them to know by now who I am and NOT have everything started all over again .Do you agree with me ?

Edited by iansig40

Timeline

However I feel that if nobody takes any action to correct the problem then...we 're set for a long ,long wait .At least we shall force them somehow to provide some sort of explanation for all this delay and why some are processed so fast while other are just left to despair and wonder what's happening .

Yes ,being Canadian doesn't give you the right to be approved right away but still....how much threat we bring to this country versus people from Middle East ? After so much investigation they did since I started this nightmare in 2003 I would expect them to know by now who I am and NOT have everything started all over again .Do you agree with me ?

Sweeping generalisations like this aren't going to help much...in fact it might generate a lot of animosity on this board. No, I'm sure Canadians aren't a threat but neither are most of the ones coming here from the Middle East that post on this board. Immigration isn't easy...we all knew this coming into it and I assume you did too. At least we are with our SO's....so many on here aren't at that stage yet and would LOVE to be in our shoes. I know when my husband goes down this path in a few months we're going to be possibly waiting quite a while. We're prepared. We are together and we know what to do to keep him current with his green card once that time arrives. Getting angry won't help process our I-751 any quicker.

You should know by now that nothing with the USCIS is ever easy...and I don't mean to sound so harsh but you're going to have to get over it and wait it out like everyone else. You want to take action? Great...nothing stopping you there. Just be prepared for a long hard road...immigration reform ain't easy.

i've been waiting since feb 6 last year. i'm going to apply for citizenship next week. i am very frustrated it's taken so long!

Lord blessed be Your name!

K1:

NOA 1 - March 31 2004

NOA 2 - July 7

to Manila - July 30

called embassy for interview date - Aug 17

Recvd K packet - Aug 24

CFO - Sept 7

Medical - Sept 15 & 16

Interview - Oct 8

Visa on hand - Oct 13 YES! thank You God!

POE - October 23

AOS & EAD:

Marriage at the beautiful St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands - Nov 6

SSN - Nov 29

State ID - Dec 1

AOS & EAD applied for - Dec. 6

NOAs for AOS & EAD - recvd mail on Dec 15 but receipt date is Dec 8

got TD shot for AOS - Dec. 15 paid $15

passd written exam for DL- Jan 03 2005

Biometrics for EAD & AOS - Jan 10

Biometrics AGAIN (???) - Feb 2

EAD recved - Jan 29

recved AOS interview letter - march 2

AOS interview - april 27 SUCCESS!! Thank You so much God! You never fail.

welcome to America letter - may 2

recvd "green" card - may 5 2005

got driver's license - may 20

removing conditions:

lifting of conditions on GC - jan 31 2007

NOA date - february 06

recvd NOA - february 26

recvd biometrics apptmnt letter - march 2

biometrics appt - march 12

citizenship:

sent N-400: february 25, 2008

recved: february 27

priority date: february 27

notice date: march 4

recved NOA1: march 6

recved biometrics letter: march 10

biometrics: march 19

intrvw letter rec'd: april 3

intrvw: may 13 - APPROVED!

Oath - Sept. 17

US Passport - Sept 26

.png

Filed: Other Timeline

I like your spirit and admire your courage. And quite frankly, rather than wait hopelessly and endlessly, I think a lawsuit is definitely not out of order. All the service center arms of the USCIS (except of course, CSC) clearly do not realize that lives and futures are tied to their actions (or inactions).

Unfortunately, many agencies of government (USCIS and FEMA being prime examples) are buried neck-deep in so much paperwork, bureaucracy and inefficiency. I'm convinced that agencies such as these are damaged beyond repair and it'll take drastic actions like punishing politicians at the polls or court actions to bring about the changes necessary to turn things around.

Don't let anyone intimidate you or discourage you if you feel aggrieved enough to sue. Many individuals and groups have sued this agency successfully. In fact, they will be settling yet another lawsuit later this month (check it out on their homepage). And if the USCIS gets slapped with a class-action, guess who's going be the first to jump in and sign on? :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.