aussiewench

"Uk" Waiver club 601/212, List for uk waivers sign up!

802 posts in this topic

It's an idea I suppose but sometimes things like that can backfire on you and I would not wish to push my luck so to speak. Apart from which I did not get the name of our interviewer

Just have to wait it out but thanks for your suggestion it was good of you :thumbs:

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
It's an idea I suppose but sometimes things like that can backfire on you and I would not wish to push my luck so to speak. Apart from which I did not get the name of our interviewer

Just have to wait it out but thanks for your suggestion it was good of you :thumbs:

I agree... wait it out. It still haunts me that my email asking them for a decision (we needed to make plans or so we thought) might have triggered the denial we received a few days later. Perhaps the ones who were meant to be in the loop ended up not being the ones to process it. Our interviewer had been on the phone with them the day of our interview and the embassy folks did recommend we be approved... .they seemed certain we would be. The way our denial was written, the person obviously did not understand what had happened on the day of the interview.

... and speaking of Christmas... we will never ever spend one with the grandchildren now. The holiday season is difficult for me. I desperately missed Thanksgiving. Of course it would have helped if Tom had not had to work 16 hours that day.

mary

Tom (London)   Mary (Michigan)

Sept. 2003 - meet online, become friends

May 2004 - we have grown close

Nov. 2004 - Tom books a flight to Michigan for Jan. 2005

Jan. 17, 2005 - first meeting at the Detroit Airport, 16 days together!

Feb. 2. 2005 - Tom returns to London. We start investigating our options

April 7, 2005 - Tom arrives for another visit.

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

April 26, 2005 - K1 sent to Nebrasksa. Tom flies back to London :(

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

June 14, 2005 - Tom returns to the USA:)

July 5, 2005 - Tom goes back to London :(

July 25, 2005 - NOA2 email- waited 3 months

Aug. 22, 2005 - Tom receives Packet 3

Sept. 6, 2005 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

Oct. 20, 2005 - medical in London -booked 7 weeks earlier!

Nov. 9, 2005 - email embassy - have we have been forgotten?

Nov. 15, 2005 - Mary flies to London (Brixton) for 12 weeks

Nov. 18, 2005 - embassy replies to email, date assigned

Nov. 22, 2005 - Packet 4 received

Nov. 25, 2005 - interview in London - DENIED :(

Nov. 30, 2005 - mailed waiver

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 3, 2006 - WAIVER DENIED :(

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

May 10th - Mary returns to USA - torn apart again

June 27, 2006 - Mary receives UK fiance visa

July 31,2006 - Mary sells house in USA

Sept. 1, 2006 - Mary moves to UK

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Hey there guys and gals.

Just been peeking in off and on. We have been very busy trying to do some christmas shopping and trying to figure out what we want to do as far as a wedding. :wacko: I've had all this time to figure it out and I still can't make up my mind. :lol: Oh well it will work out one way or another.

We are off to the social security office friday to see about getting his number. Can't wait to see if we have to put up a fight or if it will go smooth.

Hope you are all hanging in there. Don't worry too much with that waiver list. They did that the whole time we were all waiting. Just when you think you have something figured out.................they would do something different. Oh and I did send a couple of emails out to inquire about our case right before it was approved. I was kind of worried it would tick them off but they just ignored them until after he got his visa in the post. Two weeks after that they replied. :yes:

Talk to you soon,

Vicky

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Hey Vicky so good to see you however briefly, hope things are going well for you both. enjoy the run up to Christmas, it's part of the fun :thumbs: I am not worrying unduly about all this, I say tongue in cheek, it is just so hard as all who have been before know. Trouble is we have sold the house and our completion is the 9th Jan so we have to leave on that date so we have decided that we will probably go away for a couple of weeks and then work out what to do after that. We have got some good friends who's floor we can sleep on until we know one way or another :yes::no:

Mary it is also good to see you about again, I know what you and Tom had to go through and when the immigration officer says that the waiver department will make us jump through a few hoops, I think you and Tom jumped enough for all of us. It still breaks my heart to think of what happened to you both. I feel so much for you Mary with your grandkids being in the states, it must be heartbreaking for you ;) I hope that you will at least be able to talk to your family this Christmas. Tom is a lucky person to have found someone like you, and I wish both of you all the very best and despite everything, I hope you have a good Christmas together.

How are you coping now Mary are you managing to meet people and get out and about??

drop me a pm if you want a chat :thumbs:

Val

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

• 1 month later...

Anybody about :whistle::whistle:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Val, I'm about. Just surfing. I'm waiting too. I have to wait till after feb 6 before we can call Vermont again about a wiaver. Not doing much except Twiddling my thumbs. How are you?

Married August 21 2004 in Nova Scotia!

October 19/04 sent I-130.

April 17/08 finally arrive back in New Orleans after 3 years and 8 months.

May 19/08 Perm Resident Card arrives.

July 24/08 Reapply for a new SS card with married name.

August 4/08 Baby daughter born.

Hey there

was beginning to feel like I had B.O or somthing in here :) I am fine, just fed up and bored to tears at the moment. I finished work in Oct just before we had our interviews, I got my visa but we have had to file a waiver for my husband (we are immigrating through our daughter who is a US citizen)

If it was not for our rottweillers and being able to take them out for good long walks everyday I think I would be going mental with the waiting, we are moving into our 10th week now since we filed and are hoping that it is not too much longer.

How long have you been waiting and you can "CALL" Vermont to check on your progress??, I doubt if we would get a reply let alone an answer from London even though they are supposed to be one of the fastest embassy at getting the waivers done

Val

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Val,

No you don't have B.O. There's only a few of us left waiting for waiver decisions that post here.(but more in the system I'm sure). An interesting fact I've discovered on here recently is that there are more Canadians waiting for waiver decisions now.

Didn't I read that one of your dogs is sick-could be sick. I'm too lazy to read through the posts to see where you wrote that. I hope your "baby" is ok. I do feel your pain about what to do when your best friend is sick. Before I had to leave the States before this visa nightmare started I had a little pupple. Unfortunately she didn't handle the stress of me leaving well. I felt so bad. She was my baby. IN Louisiana we live on a busy street and she got hit by a car. So I've been debating on and off with myself about getting another dog. They are truley mans best friends.

How come you and your husband are immigrating through your daughter?

It's awful waiting to get word on something so important. I'm happy that you got your visa approved. I'm still waiting for both. My understanding is that the waiver will be approved first( if it's approved) and than the visa will be approved. My waiver is for an overstay of 180 days. I just don't understand how immigration thinks and can get away with doing this to families.

To answer your question- we've been at this for a while. Since 2004 when we filed the I-130. Lets see we've been waiting since Febuary 2006, that's when we went to our interview and tried to file our waiver there but the Consular officer refused to take it. we had to get a Senator involved than. We resent the information again and they accepted it. But than the papralegal didn't send some documentation and there was a delay. Than the fee that was sent was the wrong fee, more delay. Right fee was finally sent and it's October. Vermont received all waivers in October and than looks at them the begining of the following month. So finally November our paperwork is placed on someone's desk. So since Febuary we've been waiting 10 months and including October since the waiver was filed it's been 4 months. But Canadian waivers seems to be taking up to a year to process. So that's my journey in a nut shell.

To help me not go crazy my friends and I are going to Cuba. That will help the time go by. The only sad thing for me is my parents are going to Louisiana to visit hubby and step-son and I'm stuck up here. I keep telling myself is soon, soon I'll be back home with them and all this immigration BS will be over. Not soon enough but soon. My only hope. I try not to think about the waiver not being approved.

That's my story. Joanna

Married August 21 2004 in Nova Scotia!

October 19/04 sent I-130.

April 17/08 finally arrive back in New Orleans after 3 years and 8 months.

May 19/08 Perm Resident Card arrives.

July 24/08 Reapply for a new SS card with married name.

August 4/08 Baby daughter born.

Joanna HI

good to hear from you, where to start first???

yes one of my rottweillers is "sick" although you would not believe it if you saw him when I take him to the park, he still runs around like a spring chicken and chases any squirrels he can find as if he was a young puppy, trouble is following on from his operation two weeks ago, the biopsy showed it was cancer and an aggresive form at that. We are fighting for him all the way and the way he is we are hoping and praying that what the vet said, "he may be the one in a thousand who beat it " is true. he is truly a wonderful rotty and does not deserve this. People say that rottys are bad dogs, they have not met my Morgan, he really is a prince, soft as they come, with the biggest softest brown eyes you will ever see and he can wrap me round his "little finger". As he is at the moment he is still coming with us, but we have to take it a day at a time and see how he is when we finally get the case complete from the embassy, praying that it is an approval. Our other rotty is a ###### called Tia and she is just a fat lovable lump, not much brains but as faithful as the day is long :yes:

I see that many people in Canada have to file waivers and I have always wondered why, is it because so many overstay/???? It seems that things are done differently for Canadians than they are for us over here, don't know why but they sure make you jump through a lot of hoops. I do not know how you cope with the length of time that you have had to wait.

Where about in Canada are you Joanna, it is a dream of mine to go to Banff and see the Northern lights, or any where in Canada where you can see them, they look so amazing and Canada looks so beautiful.

As for why we are immigrating through my daughter, well she met and married and American over 18 years ago and has taken the US to her heart and they now have two kids, my grandson is 14 and my grand daughter is 9 and I have only seen them 2 weeks in each year, so I have missed so much of them. I have always wanted to live in the US ever since the first time I visited her, I just fell in love with the place but it was all down to my hubby who is her stepfather but has been for over 28 years and finally when we were on holiday in 2004 he finallly said that he did not want to go home, so we started the process. We are fortunate that we have enough savings and investments plus the equity from our house sale to enable us to buy a house for cash and still have some over, which will help until my hubby gets his business going as he has done over in the UK. He does what is called "artexing" here in the Uk and it is wonderful patterns that you put on ceilings and they have seen nothing like it in Jaxs so he has people waiting for him to get there so he can do their ceilings. Hopefully he will be as successful in the US as he has been here in the UK.

I also have son here in the UK who has a partner and they have a little boy who is 2 years old, but they live in Kent which is nearly 300 miles from us so we do not see them as much as I woud like and I am going to miss him and them of course, but where my daughter is, is where my heart is and it is killing me to have to wait like this.

I am hoping that we will hear something very soon now, London seems to be pretty good at getting these waivers through in a decent time but it still seems like forever.

It's nice to talk to you Joannna, hope you have a good time in Cuba and that it is not long before you to hear something

Take care

Val

:dance::dance::dance::dance: WOOOHOOOO - CASE COMPLETE :dance::dance::dance: As of the 23rd January so hopefully we will have THE letter within the next few days and god willing on our way to Jax 3 weeks tomorrow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

YAY!!! Hoping you get your letter fast, with good news in it :)

London emailed me this morning and told me they're going to adjudicate my I-130 at the same time as my I-601, so BIG worry gone for now :P

Aug 16 2003: Met on Anarchy Online :D

Aug 31 2005: Wedding day in Sweden

May 31 2006: Verdict read in appeals trial for CIMT need I-601 Waiver

July 31 2006: DCF: I-130 in Stockholm, approved!

Aug 03 2006: Medical exam

Aug 10 2006: Fingerprints

Aug 30 2006: Interview, visa denied

Nov 20 2006: I-601 Waiver filed in Stockholm

Dec 08 2006: London DHS receives waiver

Jan 23 2007: I-130 approval revoked

Feb 13 2007: RFE for bona fide relationship

Mar 09 2007: RFE sent back to London

Mar 16 2007: RFE received in London

Apr 07 2007: Another RFE from London

Apr 19 2007: RFE, The Sequel, sent back to London

Apr 20 2007: Our I-601 case goes Under Review in London

May 18 2007: Stockholm calls: Waiver APPROVED!!!

May 31 2007: Visa issued

June 15 2007: Hubby is home!!!

May 09 09: Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions

May 13 09: Check cashed

May 20 09: NOA1 received

June 05 09: Biometrics done

Oct 14 09: Approved

Great news Angela, fingers crossed for you that it goes quickly :thumbs:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
YAY!!! Hoping you get your letter fast, with good news in it :)

London emailed me this morning and told me they're going to adjudicate my I-130 at the same time as my I-601, so BIG worry gone for now :P

Really good news and it seems to make sense. Good Luck. You should have smooth sailing from here.

• 1 month later...

Hi, folks----

My name is Anna. I'm the USC and my husband, Paul, is English. We both live in the UK now and are desperate to move to the USA. Unfortunately, when he was young and foolish (10 years ago), Paul was convicted of possession of cannabis and fined.

Should we assume that we'll have to file a waiver, and if we do, how do I prove extreme hardship since I live in a modern, Western country and have no family in the USA?

Any help would be greatly appreciated; I've asked this question all over the place; hopefully someone can assuage my fears :)

Anna

ps---is there ANY chance they'll approve us at our interview?

Well it's always a chance they will approve you but better be safe than sorry and go ahead and prepare your waiver so you can turn it in to them at the interview in case it goes that route.

Did he get convicted? I am sorry I cant be of much help as I dont know much about the UK laws.

As for the waiver part..

Do you have community ties?

A desire for an american education, student loans, debt?

When I wrote my waiver I was based in Sweden living with my then spouse. I compared and contrasted and made my case for the worst possible outcome if I didnt return to the US. Although our situation was far more complex and we had children.

Dont worry, it will turn out just fine I am sure! :)

You can always go to Immigrate2US to see some waiver brief examples relating to the UK. (I hope I didnt overstep my bounds with VJ there..) :unsure:

me: US, soon-to-be ex: Sweden

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

'97-'99---carried on long distance relationship

02/14/99---married in the US

10/23/99---received swedish residence permit

12/02/99---moved to Sweden

03/21/01---filed I-130; no visa given

06/27/02--visa interview; denied told to file I-601 for CIMT

9/12/05--visa interview; submitted 601 to Stockholm, Sweden

10/06/05----waiver forwarded to DHS; Copenhagen, Denmark

10/11/05---waiver entered into the DHS system

12/15/05---waiver finally mailed to London; rc'd snaily from ICE (12/16/05)

01/03/06----DHS London finally receives waiver; let the adjudication begin!

Jan. 25 06---LONDON APPROVES WAIVER!!!

02/02/06---sent passport off to embassy to receive visa

02/06/06---rc'd passport w/visa and infamous brown envelope

02/25/06----spouse immigrated to Florida..Miami POE, no probs!

03/14/06----spouse received social security card

03/17/06----spouse received green card!

03/12/06----Finally back in the US after 7 long years!

08/20/06--We separate after almost 8 years of marriage

06/09/07---still separated.....probably filing for divorce in August

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.