aussiewench

"Uk" Waiver club 601/212, List for uk waivers sign up!

802 posts in this topic

OK Vicky get us on that darned list.

I got my visa approved but Alan has had to do the waiver, they are saying it is a CIMT ( 35 years ago would you believe when he was 17) but he also had a couple of other stupid things from 19 and 24 so here we are joining you just when you are getting ready to leave.

Let's see how long it will take, the one good thing I feel positive about is that the CO said he was recommending that they approve the waiver in light of the length of time since the offences and Alan's ages at the time :yes:

By the way Vicky, how do I get onto that site to watch the process, not that I want to become a habitual "watcher" by any means :o)

Edited by munchkins

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NAME.........CASE......WAIVER......REASON.......SUBMITTED...............LATEST INFO..............

MistyB.........I-130......I-601..........CIMT...........Sep 12, 05................APPROVED Jan 30, 06

Nigel............I-130.....I-601...........O/stay.........Oct 12, 05................APPROVED Dec 30, 05

Liam/lisa......K1.........I-601...........CIMT...........Nov 8, 05.................APPROVED Dec 20, 05

mary&tom....K1.........I-601...........CIMT...........Dec 1, 05.................DENIED March 3, 06

jpkeswim......K1.........I-601..........O/Stay.........Dec 2, 05.................DENIED March 16, 06

Wendibob.....K3.........I-601...........CIMT...........Jan 5, 06..................APPROVED March 22, 06

Paul C..........K1.........I-601...........CIMT...........Feb 2, 06..................APPROVED May 23, 06

Cmltgd.........K1.........I-601...........CIMT ..........March 6, 06..............DENIED July 19, 06

Beetee.........IR-1.......I-601...........O/Stay........March 23, 06............APPROVED Aug 21,06

Geedge........K3.........I-601...........CIMT...........April 11, 06..............APPROVED July 24, 06

Baileyj96......K1.........I-601...........CIMT...........May 6, 06.................APPROVED Oct 13,06

Angela........CR-1.......I-601...........CIMT.......... NYF..........................pending

Munchkins... .......I-601...........CMIT...........Oct 18,2006..............pending.

Val,

let me know which visa you were filing for and I'll fill that back in. I wasn't sure. lol

Vicky

Edited by Baileyj96

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

NAME.........CASE......WAIVER......REASON.......SUBMITTED...............LATEST INFO..............

MistyB.........I-130......I-601..........CIMT...........Sep 12, 05................APPROVED Jan 30, 06

Nigel............I-130.....I-601...........O/stay.........Oct 12, 05................APPROVED Dec 30, 05

Liam/lisa......K1.........I-601...........CIMT...........Nov 8, 05.................APPROVED Dec 20, 05

mary&tom....K1.........I-601...........CIMT...........Dec 1, 05.................DENIED March 3, 06

jpkeswim......K1.........I-601..........O/Stay.........Dec 2, 05.................DENIED March 16, 06

Wendibob.....K3.........I-601...........CIMT...........Jan 5, 06..................APPROVED March 22, 06

Paul C..........K1.........I-601...........CIMT...........Feb 2, 06..................APPROVED May 23, 06

Cmltgd.........K1.........I-601...........CIMT ..........March 6, 06..............DENIED July 19, 06

Beetee.........IR-1.......I-601...........O/Stay........March 23, 06............APPROVED Aug 21,06

Geedge........K3.........I-601...........CIMT...........April 11, 06..............APPROVED July 24, 06

Baileyj96......K1.........I-601...........CIMT...........May 6, 06.................APPROVED Oct 13,06

Angela........CR-1.......I-601...........CIMT.......... NYF..........................pending

Munchkins... IR-5.......I-601...........CMIT...........Oct 18,2006..............pending.

Ok I think I have this all straight now. :yes:

Vicky

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

thanks Vicky, well here we are in our new "home" for the next however many months, hope people keep popping in from time to time, just to say hi to me, otherwise I might start going gaga, being all alone. Mind you that is a good thing because at least it means that there are so many good approvals :thumbs:

My passport is being delivered back to me today, how I wish it was Alan's as well, life would be so perfect

Still it is not to be just yet, but in time it will be :thumbs:

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))) Val,

We will be coming in to check on you. It's a habbit now :D Maybe we will even get a few new people who will help keep this tread going. (not that i wish this for anyone) If any time you need to rant, rave, cheer or whatever and we haven't checked in. Well we are just a pm away. :thumbs: Just give us a holler any time. I might take a little time off from the middle of November thru December but I'm just like Arnold. I'll be back! :lol:

Oh and no trying to take my title away.............remember I'm the princess of whine. :lol::lol::lol:

Hang in there and hopefully the time will fly by.

(F) Vicky

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

thanks Vicky you really are a star, and if you think you are the princess of whine :lol: you ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait till I have been in here for a few months, I'll probably be like a raving lunatic :lol::lol:

Munchkins, Bailey ect.....There is proberly members out there who might file a waiver here soon, its just they have'nt seen this forum yet.....i shall keep my eyes and ears open on vj and if i do come across a member then i will pm them about this uk 601/212 waiver forum....please guys do the same if you hear about anybody as me myself would like to keep this waiver club open....as i was the member who started this at the start until Vj website crashed but parts of the 601 club was saved by Vj Staff thankgod....

Munchkins....really i know ya feel ya on ya own but really ya not, myself as always been around and about but lately been busy...

I like to thank bailey, and everyone else who kept the list going and information and support to members who might and will submit such waivers...

munchkins..ya on ya last hurdel, and this is no feild trip...as other members can tell ya....but keep busy and try not to go insane as it will get to you....im sure everyone is rooting for ya...

Anyway....im back in the uk for a bit as i need to get bills payed ect but hopefully be back for at least xmas holidays....

Here is some info i can pass on tho....for any member who gets around in doing there driving test in Florida..

If you want to get a D/L in Florida you can go to myfirstdriveinglicence.com and take the test online....it cost about $28 plus if you want the pass cert sent via e/mail it cost $10...The Test last for 4hrs....

By doing this test online saves you going and waiting at the D/L office...as you can stop and start when you want but when it comes to the last bit it ask you 25 Questions on rd signs and Florida rules each answer must be answered within 50 secs which got to admit my wife helped me out and i bloody failed, i cussed her! As you can only get 4 wrong answers and she messed up on a few...so after a few days cooling down i went to the D/L office and waited in line and done my writen test there at the Office....which im happy to say i passed and got 24/25....Then i ask if i can take my Rd Test, they said yep and so this man took me outside checked the car ect then i drove around the parking lot for 5 mins..REALLY :unsure: 5 mins it was a joke. :whistle: ..he looked at me and said congrats ya have passed ya test :dance: ....i was gobsmacked :unsure: looking for cammeras ect as it was a joke of a Rd Test.....

Anyway i payed nothing for the writen test there at the office but if i failed then you pay $5 for each time...

you have a standard eye test which for me was finding a bit hard as ive got a dodgy left eye but did get through it some how....

once everything is passed then you pay $20 and then they give you a temp licence until ya real one turns up, as they said about 30 days....

Oh yep i have got a uk D/L and did show them so i think 'they' give you a break on the Rd Test but still had to do the writen test tho...but really its a walk in the park..

I wanted this D/L as everywhere i was going shops ect they asked for I.D and all i had to give them was my PR card and was cracking me up as everyone shows the D/L.

You can apply for ID at the office and it looks the same as ya D/L and this also cost $20 thats if ya dont drive you will need a SSN/passport and R/C to show before anything, so have that at hand before you go..

If anybody needs to revise for the test ask whoever to get you the book so then you can read up well before you even do the test...but if you drive in the uk most of the signs ect is the same and ya find it easy..just dont get ya wife to help ya like i did tho..as she found out rules ect has changed since she done her D/T many moons ago.....well...not changed i should say she just Forgot :unsure: lol :yes:

Anyway.....best wishes... ;)

thanks Vicky you really are a star, and if you think you are the princess of whine :lol: you ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait till I have been in here for a few months, I'll probably be like a raving lunatic :lol::lol:

:thumbs: You will fit right in with the rest of us then. We might be a bit nuts but hey all in all we are pretty good bunch to be stuck with. We are kind of like that gang that nobody wants to join but once you get to know us. Well we kind of grow on you. :lol::lol:

star? not so sure about that one. It may explain why they call me the big dipper. :lol:

(F) Vicky

Edited by Baileyj96

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

It must be a bit like that saying then, you don't have to be mad to work here but it does help :lol:

Got my passport back today ;) and the immigrant visa is lovely :yes: it will take pride of place on my sideboard until Alan's can join it :thumbs:

Hi Nigel

thanks for that, I have had so much support from everyone it has been lovely and very much appreciated.

The info you have given on the DL in Florida is good but I think I too will wait and do it when I am there, I have loads of the road signs which I pulled of the DL site and so am studying them and if the driving part is just 5 mins in Jacksonville, (my daughter had already told me it is a joke compared to ours in the UK) then I will do the same as you did :thumbs:

Val

Edited by munchkins

Munckins...ok Hon.... :thumbs:

I was in your daughter's area last wk Merril Rd, having a tooth pulled :crying: but was'nt bad service and cost $56 but that was the excess i had to pay as my wife has dental insurance so it helped some cash wise..

One Dentist wanted to charge me $450.00 to do a root cannel so out of pocket would have had to pay $150.00 like thats 100 pound....so having insurance is a plus but still have to pay excess....The insurance companys rip ya off....my wife gets $40.00 deducted every 2 wks...but still worth having if ya can...

Best wishes.. :thumbs:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Nice hearing from you Nigel....do you know anything about driving a automatic in England. We have a automatic car for me here and the insurance companys said my american licence was fine for 12 months but I was wondering if there were alot of instructors that give test over here in automatics. I don't drive a manual gear shift......Never was taught and with all the hills everytime I practiced it scared the ####### out of me so we just got me a automatic.....

Also Vicky...we finally started the process again!!!! I think it was about 3 weeks ago! Don't know if you want to add us to the list again!!! The check still has yet to be cashed.....it's driving me insane and i am only at the first stage. I need to quit checking my bank account!!! We went through the Nebraska Service Center because I haven't lived here in England long enough to go straight through London! THe journey begins again!!!!! AHHHHHHH!

Going home for a week in January and already counting down the days!!! :)

Baby Boy born on November 24th 2008

Received Visa Feb 10th 2008

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

After three long years moving back to America on May 4th 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I guess you can add us to the list now too. We submitted our 601 package today (20 October 2006) We are a K-1 visa and it is for an overstay.

We too will be watchers on the web site now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

:D Well ok fine. You all want on as soon as mine gets approved. Beetee was on here a few months ago campaigning for new members to add and we couldn't find anyone. :lol::lol: Just teasing you guys. I know you would rather not be in here but at least there will be some company. I'm not sure if Angela is still here but hopefully she will check in again. There was a gentleman on here the other day pming me from N. Ireland but he hasn't ask to be put on this list so I'll wait and see if he would like to be added.

Welcome aboard dwar49. Your waiver and munchkins are very very close. You both should hear something about the same time. I bet there will be a big party in here then. :dance: Hope you get through the first part of this quick jpkeswim. Get this waiver filed so you can cruise through this for an approval this time. :thumbs:

Ok ladies and gents. If i'm missing in action once in a while just paste and copy this onto a new thread and keep it going. I'm not leaving but might take a break for a little bit. Ooooh I think around November 17th. We booked the ticket tonight and that gives us 4 weeks for the visa to get there so I think we are fine. Whoo hooo! lol

You guys hang in there. It's no fun to be in here but once in a while we can make each other smile, a big pat on the back or big hugs. :yes:

(F) Vicky

Munchkins... IR-5.......I-601...........CMIT...........Oct 18,2006..............pending.

jpkeswim......K3.........I-601...........O/Stay.........NYF..........................pending.

dwar49.........K1.........I-601...........O/Stay.........Oct 20,2006..............pending

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

:D Well ok fine. You all want on as soon as mine gets approved. Beetee was on here a few months ago campaigning for new members to add and we couldn't find anyone. :lol::lol: Just teasing you guys. I know you would rather not be in here but at least there will be some company. I'm not sure if Angela is still here but hopefully she will check in again. There was a gentleman on here the other day pming me from N. Ireland but he hasn't ask to be put on this list so I'll wait and see if he would like to be added.

Welcome aboard dwar49. Your waiver and munchkins are very very close. You both should hear something about the same time. I bet there will be a big party in here then. :dance: Hope you get through the first part of this quick jpkeswim. Get this waiver filed so you can cruise through this for an approval this time. :thumbs:

Ok ladies and gents. If i'm missing in action once in a while just paste and copy this onto a new thread and keep it going. I'm not leaving but might take a break for a little bit. Ooooh I think around November 17th. We booked the ticket tonight and that gives us 4 weeks for the visa to get there so I think we are fine. Whoo hooo! lol

You guys hang in there. It's no fun to be in here but once in a while we can make each other smile, a big pat on the back or big hugs. :yes:

(F) Vicky

jpkeswim......K3.........I-601...........O/Stay.........NYF..........................pending.

dwar49.........K1.........I-601...........O/Stay.........Oct 20,2006..............pending

Just also wanted to say my big goodbye to this thread!!

Vicky, munchkins, Beetee, Tiff, Nigel and all the others, you have been very supportive for me and my wife when we went through the waiver hell at the beginning of the year,and I thankyou for every word of support. But for me now the journey is over, thank god, and hopefully I should get my greencard next week. Me and C will move to the coast the week after and then we'll be really planning on moving forward with our married life.

I'm so glad I leave you with the recent approvals and to the others that are just beginning the journey: don't lose hope and faith, it is a long and stressful wait, but you should get through it...

to all the I-601 ers here, you have been great friends, and I wish you all the best in your lives.... take care everyone (F)

:thumbs:

Hi...jpkeswim Good to hear from ya to also im Glad ya have not given up the fight and good on you both... :thumbs:

Ok....D/L here in the Uk...yep there is plenty of instructors here for automatics.....Call BSM im sure they will have what ya need with them...im not sure where ya at right now but look up in the yellow pages for there local offices...

If not then ill get Maurean rees to learn ya to drive :P as there was a tv show where they was shownig people how to learn to drive and her hubby whos a bus driver was teaching her.....man that show was a trip she was so nervous it took about 10 times to pass her test but not stick shift she passed in the end by a auto.....you wouldnt know about that programe but uk members will remember it....anyway she lives just down the rd and i see her walking her dog and that im pleased as she was a danger to herself and everyone else :yes: so if she can do it im sure ya have no problems..... :thumbs:

Bailey..Good Job Sir... :thumbs:

best wishes.... ;)

(F) Vicky

Just also wanted to say my big goodbye to this thread!!

Vicky, munchkins, Beetee, Tiff, Nigel and all the others, you have been very supportive for me and my wife when we went through the waiver hell at the beginning of the year,and I thankyou for every word of support. But for me now the journey is over, thank god, and hopefully I should get my greencard next week. Me and C will move to the coast the week after and then we'll be really planning on moving forward with our married life.

I'm so glad I leave you with the recent approvals and to the others that are just beginning the journey: don't lose hope and faith, it is a long and stressful wait, but you should get through it...

to all the I-601 ers here, you have been great friends, and I wish you all the best in your lives.... take care everyone (F)

:thumbs:

ya welcome....and no Thankyou....please dont be a stranger pop in from time to time....even its just to talk smack....best wishes to ya both....

God Bless....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.