native

first receipt times

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi all, i was curious,my lawyer sent my k-1 petition on nov 3rd,(they sent me proof)but when i got my receipt online,it says it was received in the vsc on jan 8th!!! what gives???? my lawyer says they say that to give themselves a window. my fiancee and i have already been together over a year now,its very very hard. lawyer also said i should look for apprroval anytime after mid february, what do you guys think??

VJ members keep stats on the process. Check the Immigration Timelines link at the top of the page.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I think perhaps your lawyer dropped the ball on sending it.

We sent our petition on December 5th and they received it on December 11th. It doesn't take two months to mail the petition unless it was lost in the mail....then finally they received it.

I've never heard of giving themselves a window.

<_<

That sucks.

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

We sent our petition on December 5th and they received it on December 11th. It doesn't take two months to mail the petition unless it was lost in the mail....then finally they received it.

<_<

That sucks.

they had a notice up on uscis website about up to a 15 week delay on receipting times. my case was affected by this i think. i just wondered if any one else here had sucha delay getting first noa.? thank you so much for your response.

<_<

That sucks.

they had a notice up on uscis website about up to a 15 week delay on receipting times. my case was affected by this i think. i just wondered if any one else here had sucha delay getting first noa.? thank you so much for your response.

That sucks :(

I hope it's this case and not your lawyers fault, I would be pretty upset.

(F)

Hang in there.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

<_<

That sucks.

That sucks :(

I hope it's this case and not your lawyers fault, I would be pretty upset.

(F)

Hang in there.

Yeah, its not the lawyer this time,they sent me proof by email that the vsc recieved on nov.3rd,or 5th,i cant remember. all i know is i have to reassure my girl everyday,that it will happen soon. just wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem:( my fiancee and i had to wait first for my divorce to be final,then i sent to lawyer,oct 10th,2007,they took a month going over it,sent it nov 3rd, and here we are in february,and as a florida cracker says"i aint heard shi**" i think this whole process is completely fascist,and im a former soldier. im not angry with vsc,im angry with the HUGE govt. i voted for paul:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Oh Libertarians...if only :(

That does suck about your case, not sure what happened there. I mailed mine out early January and got the NOA1 in like a week and half, so if there was a delay I just missed it. Look for another what...four to six months maybe before you get the NOA2 :(

I suggest just trying to get your girl to be patient and ya'l thinking about the now rather than the longterm process of all this. Maybe planning for a nice summer holiday would be a good distraction? :D

Good luck.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

We sent our petition on July 27th and did not receive an NOA1 until September 27th. However, USCIS did acknowledge that we sent the application in earlier.

There are two dates on the NOA1; 'notice date' which acknowledges when USCIS processed the receipt and 'received date' which acknowledges actual receipt of your petition into their mailroom.

USCIS state they adjudicate petitions in order of 'received date' (although you should allow for some deviation on this - they cannot process them perfectly in order) so if yours says January and not November then you need to have some harsh words with your lawyer. I doubt you will be able to change the date to November though.

Luckily, you are with VSC and so your application will probably get adjudicated within 3 months of the NOA1 received date. CSC are currently processing around the six month mark.

Hang in there. We're all used to waiting :( It's not ideal but definitely worth it in the long run. Good luck!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
We sent our petition on July 27th and did not receive an NOA1 until September 27th. However, USCIS did acknowledge that we sent the application in earlier.

There are two dates on the NOA1; 'notice date' which acknowledges when USCIS processed the receipt and 'received date' which acknowledges actual receipt of your petition into their mailroom.

USCIS state they adjudicate petitions in order of 'received date' (although you should allow for some deviation on this - they cannot process them perfectly in order) so if yours says January and not November then you need to have some harsh words with your lawyer. I doubt you will be able to change the date to November though.

Luckily, you are with VSC and so your application will probably get adjudicated within 3 months of the NOA1 received date. CSC are currently processing around the six month mark.

Hang in there. We're all used to waiting :( It's not ideal but definitely worth it in the long run. Good luck!

Happened to our K-3 also. received in mail room November 12, Received NOA February 7 dated the 4th. and they claim it was received December 23. Who knows? at that point was just THANKFUL to get the notice!!

but still feel a little robbed of time.

Dr. Bill

I-130

Sent: 11-16-07 (date actually sent)

Rec'd: 12-23-08 (this is date listed as received by USCIS

NOA1 : 2-4-08

touch: 2-7-08

touch : 4-13-08 (probably due to address change)

touch : 4-21-08

touch : 4-22-08

APPROVAL!!: 4-21-08

Payed AOS fee 6-26-08

I-129f

Sent: 3-07-08

NOA1: 3-11-08

touch: 3-14-08

touch: 4-21-08

touch :4-22-08

APPROVAL: 4-21-08

NVC received: 4-28-08

consulate received: 5-5-08

INTERVIEW!!! : 7-17-08

6073.gif

7109.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Happened to our K-3 also. received in mail room November 12, Received NOA February 7 dated the 4th. and they claim it was received December 23. Who knows? at that point was just THANKFUL to get the notice!!

Dr. Bill

Yeah, it's swings and roundabouts. I think you just get to the stage you're relieved *something* is happening with your petition. Some people seem to be lucky and breeze through it, others less so and it does feel like you're being robbed of time. As long as we get there in the end though eh?

Dr. Bill

actually,im not a libertarian,im a REAL republican,but an american patriot FIRST.constituiton is number ONE. think abe lincoln. but guess what? if mccain gets nomination,im voting for a democrat.100 percent. just because hes a war hero doesnt mean he can run the country/world, no more than me giving you a stradivarius makes you an accomplished musician.or,like being the former first lady makes you qualified to be president. if we had good foreign relations,there would be NO NEED for any of this burecratic process.its all fear and money politics.politics aside,(btw-politics=latin word for many-poly+word for blood sucking parasite-TICKS!) i thank everyone for their advice and support,im hoping to at least get an approval before april.maybe im nuts like CNN,faux(fox)news, and the mainstream media who blacked out my candidate,even when voting fraud was proven in two states.its all sickening.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

...Okay then :D

No native, sorry, I wasn't like...trying to belittle you or anything. I meant 'oh libertarians, if only' as in 'if only the country could actually run like that and they'd ever win'. But if you're not libertarian then okay, sorry. I voted libertarian in the 2004 election though.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

HEY THERE I WAS READING YOUR INFO..AND JST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW ON MY EXPERIENCE ..SO TO START OFF WITH I SENT MY PETITION JULY2007 WAS RECEIVED AUGUST2007...I WASN'T APPROVED UNTIL DECEMBER 12...AND AS OF NOW I'M STILL WAITING OF THE 1ST PACKAGE...I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOUR FEAL IN WAITING..AND HAVING NOTHING TO TELL YOUR FIANCE..HOPEFULLY EVERYTHING WORKS OUT FOR YOU :thumbs:

AOS Timeline

Date Filed : 2008-07-06

NOA Date : 2008-07-14

RFE(s) : 2008-08-05

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-31

AOS Transfer to CSC : 2008-09-08

AOS approved on 2009/03/24

Received Welcome Letter 2009/03/28

2009/04/01 received Green Card!!! =)

HEY THERE I WAS READING YOUR INFO..AND JST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW ON MY EXPERIENCE ..SO TO START OFF WITH I SENT MY PETITION JULY2007 WAS RECEIVED AUGUST2007...I WASN'T APPROVED UNTIL DECEMBER 12...AND AS OF NOW I'M STILL WAITING OF THE 1ST PACKAGE...I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOUR FEAL IN WAITING..AND HAVING NOTHING TO TELL YOUR FIANCE..HOPEFULLY EVERYTHING WORKS OUT FOR YOU :thumbs:

thank you very much.it is difficult.

every day i have to think of something positive to talk about with her.iM AN OPTIMIST,SHE IS NOT:) its russian culture to be suspicious and pessimistic of all government processes. i now see why. like i said,i know its not the vsc,its the govt. in general,govt workers are not trated well,work crazy long hours for low pay. i know for a fact that the uscis is hiring,and has been for months to help with the overflow from last year of all the petitions,but it angers me,that we as k-1 and k-3 filers are lumped alll together with big business getting their "workers" here. did you ever notice they never speak about building a fence between canada and usa?we are a nation of immigrants,built by immigrants. as tax paying,war fighting,voting americans, we have personal family issues,and i think we should be in a different category all together.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi all, i was curious,my lawyer sent my k-1 petition on nov 3rd,(they sent me proof)but when i got my receipt online,it says it was received in the vsc on jan 8th!!! what gives???? my lawyer says they say that to give themselves a window. my fiancee and i have already been together over a year now,its very very hard. lawyer also said i should look for apprroval anytime after mid february, what do you guys think??

first, where did u file your petition? coz i filed my petition to nebraska sept. 24, 2007 and when i check it online it was received on Jan. 7, 2008 , (the reason was my case was transfered to California, and it was received in CA on jan. 7, ) but in my NOA1 receipt date: Sept 25, NOA Jan. 7,2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.