TennCAN

Tornado

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What an feeling, Vianca woke me up the night of the tornados, strong winds outside, major chain lightening coming down and you could hear the Tornado warning siren in the distance. Never heard or seen anything like that before in my life. Has any fellow Canadian VJ members experienced this before. I have been told that due to climate change Clarksville is now considered to be within Tornado alley.

Dale

Edited by TennCAN

03-30-07 I-129F Mailed

04-09-07 NOA 1

07-27-07 Touched

07-28-07 Received NOA2 approval email

08-06-07 Received letter from NVC

08-20-07 Fiance received Packet 3

08-22-07 Packet 3 sent to Montreal

09-17-07 Emailed Montreal to confirm forms were received

09-18-07 Received email form Montreal with interview date - November 7!!!!

09-19-07 Medical

09-24-07 Received Packet 4

11-07-07 Interview- Approved!!

11-13-07 Received Visa

11-15-07 Dale missed flight to TN due to Customs! :0

11-16-07 Dale flys to TN (take two)

11-30-07 Received SSN

12-08-07 Married

12-23-07 Mailed AOS Package

01-05-08 NOA 1 for AOS

01-17-08 Obtained Tennessee Drivers License

01-18-08 Biometrics for AOS

01-22-08 Notice of AOS transfer to California Service Center

02-20-08 EAD Approved

03-10-08 AOS approved..Welcome to the USA letter received

Filed: Timeline

Yep. Been in lots of near misses, so I know exactly what they sound like. My kids experienced a direct hit at their summer camp once. Never did find their belongings. I imagine some fishes or bears up in Georgian Bay are wearing their clothes, taking pictures with their cameras, and have their artwork pinned to their walls. That was a terrible summer. Lots of devastation in Ontario. There are quite a number of tornado allies in North America. Weather is fascinating, isn't it?

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I used to live in Manitoba... I never witnessed a tornado but I do remember a few times we hid out in the basement because of tornado warnings... the sky would be weird colours too... they usually hit somewhere else though... somewhere close but not too close...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
What an feeling, Vianca woke me up the night of the tornados, strong winds outside, major chain lightening coming down and you could hear the Tornado warning siren in the distance. Never heard or seen anything like that before in my life. Has any fellow Canadian VJ members experienced this before. I have been told that due to climate change Clarksville is now considered to be within Tornado alley.

Dale

I never been true something like that neather , but what we had here last night we thought it was goin to turn into a tornado , chainlightning for good 30 min rained like crazy with some hail we had a sevear stormwatch , but no tornado watch , must have been something to wake up too :wacko:

( and today we got snowflurries and rain and even some sun , yup wacko weather )

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Timeline

Yes I've been in that kind of situation while I was in visit in OHIO last summer.......it was raining like crazy and the wind..oh my!!! then my fiance called me from work ( I was at a old lady's house) saying that his dad would pick me up in 5 minutes...and I said" why is it a tornado coming?" lolll :lol: and he said " yes baby theres is one your way " :o:blink:

we turned on the tv...and there it was.. a forecast warning of a tornado. I was scared and fascinated same time..It's pretty amazing to watch a tornado being formed in the sky but all I wanted to do is to get out of there loll

Ohio isnt a state that we call at risk but the weather changes so quickly..you never know...

I'm glad you guys are okay!

Last week the temperature dropped from 71 to 26 in two hours. We were under a tornado warning AND it was snowing at the same time!

I live in southern Illinois, so we have tornado watches and warnings all the time. I have a friend who lives in Oak Ridge, and according to him, Tennessee actually has the highest number of tornado fatalities in the US, although I assume he means Dyer County, which is directly across from a part of Missouri that seems to be under a tornado warning every time there is any remotely inclement weather anywhere in the vicinity at all.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i am moving to Nashville, so I understand your concern..

however honestly with the storm we had yesturday, I would take tornados over snow...

Feb 5 - lawyer sent in i 130 application.

march 28 -got the I-797 Notice of action for I 129F

May 8 - they sent 797 notice of action -a sking for information

June 20 - I 130 approved

July 31 - Fees paid and 168 affidavit of support sent

October 6 - They request more information - for CR1

October 18 - lawyer sent to them

November 2 case completed from NVC

November 16 - congressman calls - waiting for interview date

December 12 - congressman calls - interview has been set

Jan 29 INTERVIEW IN MONTREAL!!!

Missing some steps.. but getting there :)

Timeline
i am moving to Nashville, so I understand your concern..

however honestly with the storm we had yesturday, I would take tornados over snow...

Yes, no matter where you live you can't escape the weather. I would take tornados over snow too. We had only about 2 inches of snow so far, they closed schools that day....

Dale

Edited by TennCAN

03-30-07 I-129F Mailed

04-09-07 NOA 1

07-27-07 Touched

07-28-07 Received NOA2 approval email

08-06-07 Received letter from NVC

08-20-07 Fiance received Packet 3

08-22-07 Packet 3 sent to Montreal

09-17-07 Emailed Montreal to confirm forms were received

09-18-07 Received email form Montreal with interview date - November 7!!!!

09-19-07 Medical

09-24-07 Received Packet 4

11-07-07 Interview- Approved!!

11-13-07 Received Visa

11-15-07 Dale missed flight to TN due to Customs! :0

11-16-07 Dale flys to TN (take two)

11-30-07 Received SSN

12-08-07 Married

12-23-07 Mailed AOS Package

01-05-08 NOA 1 for AOS

01-17-08 Obtained Tennessee Drivers License

01-18-08 Biometrics for AOS

01-22-08 Notice of AOS transfer to California Service Center

02-20-08 EAD Approved

03-10-08 AOS approved..Welcome to the USA letter received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have never lived or been close to a tornado, but been through many a good snow storm, and I would take snow any day over a tornado!! One can shovel out from snow, but the pure shyytt ur pants from a tornado, ouch! And if ur hit, best case scanario your rebuilding a house/community, worst case you loose family members and friends. Usually with snow you have advanced warning to prepare,not so much with a tornado! Mother nature is the boss!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Dale

That must have been scary. We live in south St. Louis, and it seems to be in the tornado alley as well. The sirens are blown on the first Monday of the month at 11 a.m. for testing, and even that's scary. I've only had one occassion when it was really windy, rainy and stormy out, and the sirens went on here. Gene was home, so we headed on down to the basement. My heart was pounding! We went upstairs about a half hour later, and there were many things blown over or away. Some of our patio furniture was on the street, some other people's was in our yard. Lots of broken branches as well. I'd rather have snow than this.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

I've seen some fairly scary weather when I sitll lived in Ontario. I recall the Barrie tornado of 1985, we got the outside of the storm, the sky turned green, the trees in the yard were nearly bent over from the wind, huge hailstones, the works. The only part we didn't get where we were was the funnel. It was up in Barrie deconstructing pretty much the entire city with an F5. I think that same year an F5 hit somewhere around Edmonton. We had a bunch of tornadoes that summer.

A few years ago we had tornado warnings in Toronto and I and a bunch of work friends were outside for a smoke break and the clouds were rolling in and the winds were picking up, I looked up and saw a small funnel starting and ran back inside! I had two guys in my class (I was teaching for a software co. at the time) from Maryland IIRC, said to me "we thought we'd come up here and get away from severe weather!" pffft...stupid Weather Channel makes the Yanks think weather stops at the border :P:wacko:

So far we haven't had much really bad weather here this side of the mountains. The storms they had in Tennessee the other day didn't get over this far. We had a bit of rain, and the winds kicked up but there was no damage and no severe warnings (which is odd considering they'll incite panic just for a 1/8 of an inch of snow around here :P ) Apparently though, this area it is not unheard of for tornadoes, its just not necessarily "normal", if you follow.

I can live without 'em.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

tornadoalley.jpg

don't brag if you live in a state that only has hurricanes as they have tornados in them......record was Hurricane Buelah (1967) spawned 141 according to one study

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
don't brag if you live in a state that only has hurricanes as they have tornados in them......record was Hurricane Buelah (1967) spawned 141 according to one study

link

In the past year we've had so many tornadoes touch down in our area that we had to go out and buy a weather radio because the power goes out the minute a storm comes through. Haven't seen a hurricane, as yet, though. :o (I guess a gen set would be a good investment here too.)

Like Reba, we got a lot of tornadoes in Ontario. I remember that Barrie hurricane, also, Reba. We were trying to get to a wedding in Huntsville that day, so we went through Orangeville to try and get by some of the devastation. Bad move. They were hit just as bad. I'll never forget the devastation as we drove through Barrie. Sheets of metal wrapped around trees sheered of their branches. A huge swath of wreckage right up the Barrie hill so you could distinctly see the path of the tornado. A whole shopping mall down in Orangeville. Unbelievable.

iagree.gif

Wow.

Incredible horror stories.

Glad to hear all turned out reasonably okay for all of you.

A friend was driving through some of the areas hit the other day.

Thank goodness he had a safety bubble around him and passed before the tornadoes did.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I experienced a tornado when I was a teen in Edmonton. I remember seeing the huge funnel cloud perfectly from our kitchen window. It hit a few km from where we lived.

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-70-1713-11760...tornadoes/clip8

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.