abrazer07

Imp law question !! Pls help !!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi all ,

this is regarding post : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=109085 . Now i need to ask a certian law question.Pls help me if someone knows it ............

I am from India and my to be wife is from USA.She is marrying me and i am applying from proper k1 visa from here.However wanted to know something.She had been a ex professor of business management and now is a disability coverage from TEacher disability group ( she had to leave as she developed a physical problem ) . She earns $15000 from the teachers disability group and makes some from her self earning from classes which together makes , $23,000 after tax deductions.

Now we need to know if she marries me and when i go there will they stop her coverage ??

She is single and with no dependants!! For you information as you know I cannot work there very soon and wd depend on her and she has also to sponsor me with I-134 ) ...... pls let me know ....we are in real tension regarding this !!!

Filed: Timeline

Also I was looking through VJ and found this on this post http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;hl=disability

Meriem_setif is kind enough to write the following on Jul 2 2006, 09:50 PM .

"I am on Social Security Disability due to a severe back injury. When I first sent in the petition I was worried about the I -134 and my ability to be a sponsor by myself. I could not find much information about this on Visa Journey or anywhere else. For those that are on SS Disability it can be used for basis of support for the I-134 affidavit of Support, if it is above the required amount set by the poverty guidelines. My son also gets benefits from social security because he is a minor living in my household, I was able to include this income also. Also I get child support which is court ordered with a withholding order signed by a judge. The money is taken by my ex's employer and payed to me. I was able to use this also. Ok, for the interview I used the original benefit award statements for mine and my son's benefits. I also used the new benefit statements we received in January 2006. I dont have to pay income tax on these benefits so I did not have tax returns. I emailed the embassy about this and they said to write a statement that explains why I do not have to file income tax. I wrote the statement and quoted some information from the Soc. Sec. website that explains why I do not have to file. I included a copy of the withholding order for child support. I had my bank letter with my deposits for one year. I included the last 12 bank statements that showed my benefits direct deposited into my account. It was all accepted by the embassy and we got our visa without a co-sponsor. "

pls advice VJ ers and pls extend your comments on my situation !!!

I'm sorry, I can't speak from any experience at all about your situation. I'm sorry your wife to be is on disability. I don't see however how they could stop her disability because she got married. She has a disability, period. I would suggest that SHE contact her insurance provider. I'm sure she has a contact person that processed her disability claim. Or perhaps she has written material at home about this. I don't know that anyone can answer your question here, unless they've specifically had a disability and are being covered by this specific insurer. Wishing you the best of luck in finding out the information, and that it goes in your favour!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I'm sorry, I can't speak from any experience at all about your situation. I'm sorry your wife to be is on disability. I don't see however how they could stop her disability because she got married. She has a disability, period. I would suggest that SHE contact her insurance provider. I'm sure she has a contact person that processed her disability claim. Or perhaps she has written material at home about this. I don't know that anyone can answer your question here, unless they've specifically had a disability and are being covered by this specific insurer. Wishing you the best of luck in finding out the information, and that it goes in your favour!

Insurance is paid based on specific validity of claim, not financial need. For instance, if you wreck your car or become seriously ill, your insurance doesn't say, "We won't pay to fix your car or pay your medical bills because you got married." One has nothing to do with the other.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.