abrazer07

IMp question reagrding I-134 & I-864 !!!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all ,

just needed to know a few thins regarding I-134 & I-864 evidence of support.........

My tobe wife is a retired business management teacher.She earns $15000 from the teachers disability group ( as she retired due to some physical problems) and makes some from her self earning from classes which together makes , $23,000 after tax deductions.As far as i know for Ohio state $17,000 /yr is 125% above poverty level !! So wd her income wd be o for signing the I-134 and I-864 ?? she is single with no dependants !!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You would be using the I-134. And yea your good on the income. Especially if she doesn't claim anyone. Just make sure you get her to get an award letter showing that the income is ongoing.

June 8 they revieved it

June 18 '07 check cashed got WAC#

No NOA1, touches, or progress given

NOA2 approved Oct 17

NOA2 card copy in mail Oct 20 (Surprise to us)

Package sent from USCIS to NVC Nov 7. (called USCIS to get this)

Nov 15, I got email at 6:57pm that our package was sent to Rio from NVC.

DON"T WAIT FOR THEM TO SEND ANYTHING, CALL AND MAKE SURE THEY GOT IT.

IF THEY DO, GO AHEAD AND SEND IN ds230,ds2001, the pics, and copy of passport

USE SEDEX AND GET THE TRACKING NUMBER.

Interview Set: Jan 29. Found this out on the embassy website under VISA's. It shows a list of visa types including K1 and shows the interview dates.

Visa granted but they mailed it using their own package delivery service. Took a week. Have money when you go to the appointment. They may also make you go and get more photos taken if they dont like the pics you bring. Just relax and dress wark because they keep the place really cold. Make sure your financials mmet the criteria or they will eat you alive.

MARRIED March 22. Sent in $1,010 in fees to Chicago to get change of status, apply for advanced parole, and ability to work documentation. Things work faster now.

May 22'08: Biometrics appointment in Santa Barbara.

See Adriana's fashion designs at Myspace.com/byAdri

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.