ailyn

travel parole

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi, is it true that when you file for AOS and while waiting you cant travel out of the country but yet you still have to wait for the travel parole? and how long will it takes me to get it? does it comes first before work permit card?? pls help..thanks!

March '05 - met George online thru common friend

March '06 - He went to visit me in the PI first time

May '06 - He came back for the family reunion and proposed for marriage

Nov. '06 - came back to prepare for our wedding

Dec 16, '06 - Wedding Day!

took at least 6 or 7 months (as i remember) for the K3 and was approved!

Nov '07 - I arrived in the US

together again with my gwapo, lol

April 9 - mailed in AOS package

April 13 - NOA for EAD and AOS

April 22 - Biometrics Appointment and will be on May 7 in Jamaica

May 7 - Biometrics done!

May 14 - Got an RFE dated may 9 - joint sponsor :-(

June 5 - they received our reply to the RFE

June 10 - EAD card production ordered, YAYYYYY Thank u, God!

June 21 - EAD card received in mail.

...and the waiting continues for the interview date...... will update later

so i got my interview date, and guess when??

Sept 10 - yaayyyy and its my hubby's Birthday! Approval would be a GREAT bday gift.

Sept 10 - got APPROVED! Indeed its a GREAT Birthday gift! " Card production Ordered" Yayyy

Sept 18 - Welcome Letter received!

Sept 19 - Green Card in hand!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Advance parole is separately applied for by submitting form I-131 and can be submitted at the same time as your I-485. Advance parole approval can occur in 60-90 days typical. Everyone's experience is different and it can be approved before, after or at the same time as EAD.

YMMV

You have to wait until your Advanced Parole is approved before you make any international travels. If you leave before your AP is approved, your AOS will be considered abandoned, you won't be able to return to the US, and you'll have to file a K3 from abroad.

12140.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
hi, is it true that when you file for AOS and while waiting you cant travel out of the country but yet you still have to wait for the travel parole? and how long will it takes me to get it? does it comes first before work permit card?? pls help..thanks!

Agree to the others that already posted here.

You can apply for the AP (Advance Paraole with your other AOS papers),you can only leave the country with this or the greencard.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.