James

Old TSC cases transferred to VSC

1,810 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I got nothing so far. Yesterday was the one-year anniversary of our NOA1. A week ago yesterday was the two-month anniversary of our receipt date at VSC. (Actually, going by the VSC status list, I'm the only one left from the group of folks who got a VSC received-and-pending notice on 2/13 -- everyone else is from 2/22.)

Meh

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please add me to the list: NOA 4/19/07; Biometrics haven't been done yet (yes, I'm working on it); and last touch: 2/14/08. What gives with that last touch date? Everybody else was touched on 2/25/08. Do you think they just lost my application?

The reason that Biometrics haven't been done yet is that they never sent me an ASC appointment. Taking advice from this forum, I managed to get an immigration officer on the phone, and I just got an ASC appointment letter.

Ara4,

Did you get your Biometrics yet? Did you get a letter saying that you were transferred to VSC?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
We need to be more understanding. :innocent:

VSC worked too hard and now they are all exhausted. They will take a little break, get second breath and get back to approving the rest of us. I agree the day is not over yet.

I guess nothing today he???? what happened???

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

Timeline

VSC worked too hard and now they are all exhausted. They will take a little break, get second breath and get back to approving the rest of us. I agree the day is not over yet.

Must be doing the "U"s today (and maybe the "V"s).

Meh

Please add me to the list: NOA 4/19/07; Biometrics haven't been done yet (yes, I'm working on it); and last touch: 2/14/08. What gives with that last touch date? Everybody else was touched on 2/25/08. Do you think they just lost my application?

The reason that Biometrics haven't been done yet is that they never sent me an ASC appointment. Taking advice from this forum, I managed to get an immigration officer on the phone, and I just got an ASC appointment letter.

Ara4,

Did you get your Biometrics yet? Did you get a letter saying that you were transferred to VSC?

Hi Smartie,

Thanks for asking.

So I received an ASC appointment letter after specifically requesting one; and I completed the biometrics on April 15th. Now here's the interesting part--I called USCIS to verify that they have the biometrics and that my case will be processed. The immigration officer said that it takes over sixty days to transfer the biometrics from the ASC to the VSC, and then several more months to make a decision!! Wow. She also said that cases are processed by the date that the service center (not the ASC) receives the biometrics, and not by the NOA date.

What do you guys think? Should we even care as long as we just get our I-551 extension every year? I've gotten stressed out over this too, but I'm starting to think that this doesn't matter--maybe this is just my defense mechanism. As long as we maintain legal status, does it matter whether or not they make a decision?

Ara

P.S. I was last touched on 4/16/08.

Ara4,

Hi Smartie,

Thanks for asking.

So I received an ASC appointment letter after specifically requesting one; and I completed the biometrics on April 15th. Now here's the interesting part--I called USCIS to verify that they have the biometrics and that my case will be processed. The immigration officer said that it takes over sixty days to transfer the biometrics from the ASC to the VSC, and then several more months to make a decision!! Wow. She also said that cases are processed by the date that the service center (not the ASC) receives the biometrics, and not by the NOA date.

What do you guys think? Should we even care as long as we just get our I-551 extension every year? I've gotten stressed out over this too, but I'm starting to think that this doesn't matter--maybe this is just my defense mechanism. As long as we maintain legal status, does it matter whether or not they make a decision?

Ara

P.S. I was last touched on 4/16/08.

I travel a lot overseas and it’s a hassle that immigration each and every time have to verify my I-551 stamp, so I have lost my connection flight a couple of time. I'm just looking forward to show my passport and valid GC to the immigration and travel like everyone else.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Must be doing the "U"s today (and maybe the "V"s).

Look for tomorrow or Friday and wait until after 2:00 p.m. central time (I think). I suspect they are working the original VSC filers and may do sporadic transfers this week on days we are not accustomed to. Incidentally, my wife got her card in the mail today from St. Albans Vt. Didn't check the postmark but I believe they send it out the same day they flag your application with card production ordered. I think our snail mail notice will get here days after the card does. Keep the faith, the wait is just hours from being over (6 days from card order to delivery).

Hi everyone,

I got my approval last week 4/14 and just wanted to update you on what's happened since:

Got another email on 4/15 saying Card Production Ordered.

On 4/17 got an email saying Approval Notice Sent.

Today I received my 10 yr GC (expires 4/14/18) and all looks correct (was mailed on 4/17 to FL).

So it appears based on everyone else's experience (well, those of us who've been approved so far), this is the norm.

As for no approvals today, I'm guessing there's a lot more of us who aren't on the list, but I'm sure they'll come.

Good luck to all!! I'll keep checking back! :D

I'm bummed that James hasn't gotten approved yet although it's nice to see everyone else get take care of. There may be something to the alphabetical order idea. My wife's last name starts with O.

Unidos en los E.U. y estamos muy felices.

Timeline
I'm bummed that James hasn't gotten approved yet although it's nice to see everyone else get take care of. There may be something to the alphabetical order idea. My wife's last name starts with O.

Thanks, bro -- it'll come. I probably just have the same guy who adjudicated Tweety's petition:

vscguylc4.gif

Meh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.