James

Old TSC cases transferred to VSC

1,810 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
We are still SRC applicants i.e. they have not changed our SRC# to EAC# we still have our SRC# and should be treated in the order as we applied. I swap my SRC# to EAC# (Vermont applicant# just to verify that they haven’t done anything to our number) and did case status search but that EAC# belongs to someone else.

Hope fully that mean we are not mixed with any VRC applicants. And hopefully ,,,,,,, very soon.

I like you attitude!!!! I am a very positive person, but this puts me down!!! I am sick and tired of USCIS.... for real!

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
We are still SRC applicants i.e. they have not changed our SRC# to EAC# we still have our SRC# and should be treated in the order as we applied. I swap my SRC# to EAC# (Vermont applicant# just to verify that they haven't done anything to our number) and did case status search but that EAC# belongs to someone else.

Hope fully that mean we are not mixed with any VRC applicants. And hopefully ,,,,,,, very soon.

Assuming they would assign us EAC numbers, they couldn't be the same anyway because the numbers have meaning as to year, day, etc. -- I can't remember the protocol. I still think that we will be treated as if we had actually filed with VSC on our TSC NOA1 dates. Although I'm still hard-pressed to explain why a month has gone by and VSC has yet to adjudicate even the earliest of our petitions.

Meh

Filed: Timeline

I think we need to face reality here. I have been "hoping" since March 2007 for a speedy resolution. In case you haven't realised, there is a phrase known as "the politics of hope". And we are victims of it, plain and simple.

One only has to look at the NSC thread to see that there are people with cases filed in 2006 that have not been adjudicated on. You have to admire their patience but the facts are clear:

1. They filed long beore many people and have still not been adjudicted on.

2. They paid application fees and the USCIS violated its own policy of "processing cases in the order we receive them"

3. Some have had their passports renewed not only once but two or three times. Some had to enure the indignity of getting 2 or 6 months renewals.

4. Some have applied for Citizenship and forced the USCIS to adjudicate on their meaningless Green Card renewals (I say meaningless because if somebody is offering you a renewal or US Citizenship, you take the citizenship).

Its all very clear to me that we are looking at a substantial waiting period at the VSC,and that everyone, depending on their circumstances needs to "dig-in".

Unless you make some fat contribution to some politician's war chest, nothing is going to happen soon.

No need to get stressed about this before it has gone more than 10 to 12 months, USCIS webpage says that it will take 10 to 12 months. i.e. if it is more the 12 months count days and if it is less then 10 months count weeks before approvals . Applicants approved in less then 10 months are just lucky and there are always some of those.

No need to get stressed about this before it has gone more than 10 to 12 months, USCIS webpage says that it will take 10 to 12 months. i.e. if it is more the 12 months count days and if it is less then 10 months count weeks before approvals . Applicants approved in less then 10 months are just lucky and there are always some of those.

Fair enough. Our filing date was recorded as March 23, 2007.

Today's date is March 24,2008.

I'm counting days then. Or should I?

A_C, the first of the TSC to VSC filers has been counting days, which have turned to months.

I'll give the USCIS a break as it is Easter Monday (although most of the general populace has to work), but I think I'll be counting months pretty soon, just based on our estimates here at VisaJourney (James et al) on the number of TSC transfers sitting at the VSC (numbered to be in the 1000s).

Edited by kalstravels

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i was wondering....

so far the lack of renewal hasn't really hindered our ability to do anything - i mean it really hasn't made a difference in day to day life. the only thing i can imagine is that if the wife needed to leave the country it might be a problem as we are a year into having applied.

so outside of being outright annoying - what real difference has it made on anyones lives? really..? i'm not trying to say that the USCIS is right in taking so long - what i am trying to find out is what adverse affect has it had on anyone - substantial affect...

Timeline

3/09/07 - Mailed out I-751 to TSC - expiration date is 03/13/07 - Cutting it close!

3/12/07 - USPS confirms delivery

3/13/07 - Check clears bank

3/21/07 - Reciept for BioMetrics Fee

Timeline
i was wondering....

so far the lack of renewal hasn't really hindered our ability to do anything - i mean it really hasn't made a difference in day to day life. the only thing i can imagine is that if the wife needed to leave the country it might be a problem as we are a year into having applied.

so outside of being outright annoying - what real difference has it made on anyones lives? really..? i'm not trying to say that the USCIS is right in taking so long - what i am trying to find out is what adverse affect has it had on anyone - substantial affect...

Unless we get lucky in the next three months before the NOA1 expires, my wife is going to have to do an InfoPass (w/at least one kid in tow) to get the stamp.

Meh

i was wondering....

Okay, so how is this any different than a person that has had a green card for 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 years applying for US Citizenship? No different. But, US Citizenship applications have been expedited. Just look at every statement coming from Emilio Gonzalez, the USCIS head honcho. Yet he mentions nothing about I-751 applicants. Why haven't I-751 applicants been expedited, at least for us transferees?

My wife's parents reside overseas. If something were to happen tomorrow and she needed to get back, she would need all her travel documents in order. I'm sure that's the case with a majority, not a minority here. That means a valid passport and a valid Green Card. So we don't have a valid green card which means a 200 mile roundtrip to the USCIS field office on a business day to get an extension stamp in a passport. Thats $$$ for gas, and $$$ in lost income for both of us as we have to take the entire day off. Me, being the US Citizen might as well be there in case they ask, "So where's the dude you married?" So we can't claim the lost income from the USCIS.

The point is we paid $$$ for the original application and no service has been rendered beyond acknowledgement of receipt.

What the USCIS has fogotten in all of this is that the US Citizen spouses of I-751 applicants vote too. We're just as entitled to get our spouse's cases resolved like some person filing an N-400. And most I-751 applicants are law abiding, tax paying residents. Yet, they ignore us...

My wife's parents reside overseas. If something were to happen tomorrow and she needed to get back, she would need all her travel documents in order. I'm sure that's the case with a majority, not a minority here. That means a valid passport and a valid Green Card. So we don't have a valid green card which means a 200 mile roundtrip to the USCIS field office on a business day to get an extension stamp in a passport. Thats $$$ for gas, and $$$ in lost income for both of us as we have to take the entire day off.

So travelling to the USCIS office is an expense, but going overseas isn't?

Hm.

In any case, the only adverse affect the wait is having on me is the uncertainty given my current domestic situation. I'll lawyer up if needs be but, yeah, it's been over a year for me as well. It's pretty ridiculous - ESPECIALLY since TSC applicants from October 2007 are getting approved! You'll have to excuse my annoyance on that one.

Hi Homies!

I dont know if this is the most updated list but i am adding to it!

After my application sat around for a month longer than all of yours at TSC, it did eventually get transferred to VSC on last Friday March 21st 08 - pretty weird. My NOA is also more recent than everyone on the list...

Taking my own advice -- here is the new Loser list for those of us who filed in TSC between February and June 2007 and were just transferred to VSC on Jan. 31 after enduring all of that time at TSC. (If you are someone who just filed at TSC and were instantly transferred to VSC, this isn't the place for you.)

The TSC-VSC Losers in the hizzy!

tscvscloserlistkr1.jpg

UserName............NOA1 Date.......Biometrics......Last Touch......Approved

A_C.................02/21/07........03/15/07........02/04/08........--/--/--

ihateemo............03/03/07........04/??/07........02/04/08........--/--/--

tweety..............03/09/07........04/06/07........02/04/08........--/--/-- (service request)

George0424..........03/12/07........04/05/07........02/04/08........--/--/--

junglee069..........03/13/07........04/14/07........02/04/08........--/--/--

burs................03/19/07........04/12/07........02/04/08........--/--/--

moben...............03/20/07........03/28/07........02/04/08........--/--/--

kn687...............03/21/07........03/29/07........02/04/08........--/--/-- (service request)

kalstravels.........03/23/07........04/20/07........02/04/08........--/--/-- (service request)

Abygail.............03/29/07........04/21/07........02/04/08........--/--/--

mississippigal17....04/10/07........--/--/--........02/04/08........--/--/--

us1415..............04/18/07........05/12/07........02/04/08........--/--/--

licianne............04/20/07........04/25/07........02/04/08........--/--/-- (senator involved)

James...............04/20/07........05/31/07........02/04/08........--/--/--

Angel7422...........04/25/07........05/24/07........02/04/08........--/--/--

Cassie..............05/09/07........06/04/07........02/04/08........--/--/--

baunzerbrudi........05/19/07........06/14/07........02/04/08........--/--/--

rhenryv.............05/30/07........06/18/07........02/04/08........--/--/--

imailin.............06/07/07........08/??/07........02/04/08........--/--/--

Muergana.............06/25/07........07/??/07........??/??/??........--/--/--

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
i was wondering....

Okay, so how is this any different than a person that has had a green card for 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 years applying for US Citizenship? No different. But, US Citizenship applications have been expedited. Just look at every statement coming from Emilio Gonzalez, the USCIS head honcho. Yet he mentions nothing about I-751 applicants. Why haven't I-751 applicants been expedited, at least for us transferees?

My wife's parents reside overseas. If something were to happen tomorrow and she needed to get back, she would need all her travel documents in order. I'm sure that's the case with a majority, not a minority here. That means a valid passport and a valid Green Card. So we don't have a valid green card which means a 200 mile roundtrip to the USCIS field office on a business day to get an extension stamp in a passport. Thats $$$ for gas, and $$$ in lost income for both of us as we have to take the entire day off. Me, being the US Citizen might as well be there in case they ask, "So where's the dude you married?" So we can't claim the lost income from the USCIS.

The point is we paid $$$ for the original application and no service has been rendered beyond acknowledgement of receipt.

What the USCIS has fogotten in all of this is that the US Citizen spouses of I-751 applicants vote too. We're just as entitled to get our spouse's cases resolved like some person filing an N-400. And most I-751 applicants are law abiding, tax paying residents. Yet, they ignore us...

Sadly, if I were you guys, I would pony up the time and money to go get a stamp. With her having parents that live out of the country, one never knows what will happen. We had a horror story when my husband had to travel for an emergency to be with me while I was in Argentina visiting his parents. In the chaos of everything, he forgot his NOA and couldn't board the plane in Argentina with his expired greencard. Knowing what I know now, I tell everyone who is on the fence of the year timeframe with their NOA, get the stamp - you don't want to be without it at a critical time.

Furthermore, I know all about the expense, as we are in Tallahassee and our District Office is in Jacksonville - almost 200 miles away. We received his notice for biometrics, which were scheduled on a Tuesday and had to drive there and back in one day. We missed work, almost two tanks of gas and for what - 20 minutes inside the DO.

Good luck and stay strong.

Thanks Staashi for the advice - we have no problem going to the USCIS office and ponying up the dollars for gas and lost income...

I agree with you that it so easy to forget that golden piece of paper when you go on a foreign trip.

As for Ihateemo I think you missed the point:

1. Going overseas for a family emergency is a necessary but an unforseen expense.

2. Going to your local (distant) USCIS is an unnecessary expense. I mean, why would you spend money to see people you really don't want to see, and who really don't want to see you if they could help it? If they had handled your original application correctly ("processed in the order we receive them"), you wouldn't have to spend the time and money to get down there.

Don't get me wrong, I am not faulting USCIS employees but USCIS lack of enforcement of their own policies.

Think about it - they ask you to apply to remove conditions 90 days before your Green card expires. If this were a well-oiled machine, you'd get your green card within 90 days. Instead you get this generated letter that automatically renews your card for a year. This is really unique among all USCIS appplications. I can't think of any other application that gives you an instant renewal before adjudicating the facts at hand. Why? Because they are so far behind and they cling to this 1 year renewal timeframe hoping they can catch up. Well, guess what? You can't catch up if you divert I-751 adjudicators and stick them on N-400 applications.

I also have no problem going for fingerprints and interveiws if its all within the standard processing of an application. Any Canadian that has come into the country on an I-130 can atest to the fact that if you reside in Vancouver, you have to fly to Montreal for a 15 min interview - almost CAD $800 roundtrip on a weekday. Its the equivalent of flying from Miami to Seattle for an interview. But we had no problem paying that- part of the standard processing.

The USCIS does not realise that beyond their standard fees that they charge, they are lots of other expenses that others must endure just to satisfy their requirements, and even more when they botch I-751 processing.

Still no news here, it's been exactly a month now since the last touch.

As someone mentioned above .. so far, the whole procedure did not affect me at all - except for being impatient and just wanting to get it over with ;) That's why I haven't been too bothered hearing of people getting approved left and right who filed months after I did, as long as I had reasonable hope that I would get my docs before my GC runs out.

HOWEVER, I am quickly approaching the end of my extension notice and now I AM starting to get pissed off big time that I have to make arrangements to go to some stinky office again to fix something that should not have happened in the first place. I have a job and ALL my family is overseas, so I cannot and do not want to go without valid documents for any day (murphy's law, ya know ...). On top of that, I just found out that apparently I have to go to Louisville, KY for Infopass. Can I pick the office myself??? My fingerprints were done in Cinci, OH - the drive would be the same, with the advantage that I would hit up the newly opened IKEA in Cinci, which would make me much happier :devil: Anyone know how it goes with the local office?? Can I call somewhere to get an app at a different office than the suggested one??

Edited by A_C

Timeline
My wife's parents reside overseas. If something were to happen tomorrow and she needed to get back, she would need all her travel documents in order. I'm sure that's the case with a majority, not a minority here. That means a valid passport and a valid Green Card. So we don't have a valid green card which means a 200 mile roundtrip to the USCIS field office on a business day to get an extension stamp in a passport. Thats $$ for gas, and $$ in lost income for both of us as we have to take the entire day off.

So travelling to the USCIS office is an expense, but going overseas isn't?

Hm.

In any case, the only adverse affect the wait is having on me is the uncertainty given my current domestic situation. I'll lawyer up if needs be but, yeah, it's been over a year for me as well. It's pretty ridiculous - ESPECIALLY since TSC applicants from October 2007 are getting approved! You'll have to excuse my annoyance on that one.

I don't what the deal is with the TSC applicants from October who have just been approved. They actually had to wait a bit longer than most of the TSC-CSC transferees. There were TSC applicants from July -- a month after the very last of us -- who were approved way back in September.

Meh

Timeline
Hi Homies!

I dont know if this is the most updated list but i am adding to it!

After my application sat around for a month longer than all of yours at TSC, it did eventually get transferred to VSC on last Friday March 21st 08 - pretty weird. My NOA is also more recent than everyone on the list...

Good news for you! But that IS weird. Wonder why TSC just sat on it for a month? And I wonder if that means the other handful of folks who were left behind have been (with early February 2007 and late June 2007 NOA1 dates) have been/are being transferred?

Here is the most recent list:

tscvscloserlistkr1.jpg

UserName............NOA1 Date.......Biometrics......Last Touch......Approved

A_C.................02/21/07........03/15/07........02/25/08........--/--/--

ihateemo............03/03/07........04/??/07........02/25/08........--/--/--

tweety..............03/09/07........04/06/07........02/25/08........--/--/-- (service request)

junglee069..........03/13/07........04/14/07........02/25/08........--/--/--

burs................03/19/07........04/12/07........02/25/08........--/--/--

Gaston..............03/19/07........04/17/07........02/25/08........--/--/--

moben...............03/20/07........03/28/07........02/25/08........--/--/--

kn687...............03/21/07........03/29/07........02/25/08........--/--/-- (service request)

kalstravels.........03/23/07........04/20/07........02/25/08........--/--/-- (service request)

jsouthwick..........03/30/07........??/??/07........02/25/08........--/--/--

us1415..............04/18/07........05/12/07........02/25/08........--/--/--

utopiacowboy........04/19/07........05/??/07........02/25/08........--/--/--

licianne............04/20/07........04/25/07........02/25/08........--/--/-- (senator involved)

James...............04/20/07........05/31/07........02/25/08........--/--/--

Angel7422...........04/25/07........05/24/07........02/25/08........--/--/--

smartie.............05/03/07........06/09/07........02/25/08........--/--/--

Cassie..............05/09/07........06/04/07........02/26/08........--/--/--

baunzerbrudi........05/19/07........06/14/07........02/26/08........--/--/--

rhenryv.............05/30/07........06/18/07........02/26/08........--/--/--

Pici0274............05/30/07........07/05/07........02/26/08........--/--/--

BBAN................05/31/07........07/07/07........02/26/08........--/--/--

imailin.............06/07/07........08/??/07........02/26/08........--/--/--

emmysphere..........06/10/07........07/05/07........02/26/08........--/--/--

Muergana............06/25/07........07/??/07........03/21/08........--/--/--

Meh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.