One heart

After K3 denial ..today i got an answer for the senator

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

After 22(g) K3 denied

Today the senator wrote back for me the following message :

Mrs. XXXXX:

I wanted to touch base with you and let you know that I have received your privacy release both visa email and through the mail. I will be happy to write a letter to the U.S. Embassy in Jordan on behalf of yourself and your husband to see why he was recently denied his K3 visa. I can try my best to request that they reconsider, however they do usually respond to that request even if its coming from a congressional office.

I will let you know when I receive a response from the U.S. Consulate General. Thank you, and have a blessed day!

do you think that will help me :unsure:

Edited by One heart

My K3 petition was returned back to USCIS on Jan,22nd,2008 and i am still waiting till this moment to hear from the USCIS

Timeline
Have you consulted an attorney as well? Congressional reps don't usually get results for a denied visa, you need to launch appeals for that.

i have sent them the following to the embassy(they asked me to send any further inormation that i wish the officer to review) also:

1) the letters that my wife sent for me my brothers.

2) the SMS messages that we were exchanged.

3)the call records that i have done for her.

4)some wedding pictures.

My K3 petition was returned back to USCIS on Jan,22nd,2008 and i am still waiting till this moment to hear from the USCIS

Have you consulted an attorney as well? Congressional reps don't usually get results for a denied visa, you need to launch appeals for that.

i have sent them the following to the embassy(they asked me to send any further inormation that i wish the officer to review) also:

4)some wedding pictures.

Is this all the evidence you presented at your visa interview? I'm sorry, but if it is, its a bit on weak side. For a K3, at the visa interview, you're proving that you are in an ongoing "marriage" relationship with your US citizen spouse. What you show on this list is just evidence that you had a wedding, and you communicate via phone, SMS and letters. This may have been sufficient for a fiancee visa (though even for that some consulates will require more proof) but it does not sound like it was sufficient to prove an existing and ongoing marriage.

Hope your senator can get some answers for you. Please take the advice of another VJ member who suggested you seek the advice of a lawyer. You may need it.

Good luck,

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

4)some wedding pictures.

Is this all the evidence you presented at your visa interview? I'm sorry, but if it is, its a bit on weak side. For a K3, at the visa interview, you're proving that you are in an ongoing "marriage" relationship with your US citizen spouse. What you show on this list is just evidence that you had a wedding, and you communicate via phone, SMS and letters. This may have been sufficient for a fiancee visa (though even for that some consulates will require more proof) but it does not sound like it was sufficient to prove an existing and ongoing marriage.

Hope your senator can get some answers for you. Please take the advice of another VJ member who suggested you seek the advice of a lawyer. You may need it.

Good luck,

-P

i sent all the call records and SMS messages since the day they asked me for additional information

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would highly recommend sending financial information that speaks of a marital relationship, such as shared bank accounts, credit cards, name on an apartment lease or home title or your US spouse adding your name as a beneficiary on her will or assets. These are legal ties that also speak to an ongoing marital relationship.

I know that it's difficult to get joint bank accounts or credit cards when one spouse is out of the country, but there are some things that the USC can do without the alien spouse present.

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

how is this joint account at bank established? i have tried my bank here and he tried his bank there....no luck, his name is on two of my credit cards also but only as a authorized user this was even before marriage that didnt hold him responsible for any of the debt, my insurances and beneficiares are changed...what else can be done? others might learn from hearing these options also

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

Insurance and beneficiaries were a good idea. . .just showing both names on those can help. With banks, if you want him to be a part of that I think most of the time they want the second person present to sign a card for your bank file. . .they may allow a notarized signature on the bank's specifically required forms.

If you have children birth certs are helpful. ANY mail that is addressed to both of you including old invitations, etc can also be helpful. They sometimes will also allow older pieces of mail sent between the two of you with postmarks, etc.

I also found that the USC spouse showing up for the interview or writing the consulate, basically showing GREAT personal interest in the case has gone a long way. My interviewer didn't even look at our pictures or proof of my travel because I was at the interview. I offered and he declined, said he didn't need to see it.

Timeline

I imagine for most traditional banks, you'd have to both be there in person. But how about ING?

My husband was able to visit, which was a blessing during this journey, and I added him to my bank account together the day before we got married.

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I had my husbands name on my bank before our interview. They didn't look at anything. This just ticks me off. It was difficult to say the least to get him onto my bank account and to me this proves nothing! If this is proof then anyone can do it if they can get their bank to agree.

Sorry, still bitter about the denial even though we finally won. It might take years to get over my anger about this.

Have you looked in the MENA forum under the pinned topic about denials?

Best of luck to you.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Maybe it will be like our case where they just simply needed more time to look over our file. We also received a 221(g) the day of our interview. We waited for a week and a half to hear back from them as to whether we were approved or not. But yeah, in the meantime, send ANY evidence you have... we sent ANYTHING we could possibly THINK of, and I do believe it helped. GOOD LUCK!

Jennifer :)

OUR VISA JOURNEY

12/16/05 My honey and I met online

04/27/06 to 5/14/07 We met for the first time in person

10/16/06 to 1/15/07 He visits for a second time

04/04/07 We get engaged!

05/29/07 K1 Application arrived at CSC

07/21/07 to 9/15/07 He visits for a third time

09/19/07 APPROVAL from CSC

11/16/07 NVC received petition

Petition is put under Administrative Processing

12/28/07 AP DONE! YAY! Off to the Consulate!

01/02/08 Consulate received and packet 3 sent

01/04/08 My honey gets packet 3

01/09/08 Medical Appointment *PASSED*

01/09/08 Packet 3 Returned

01/23/08 8:30 AM INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!

01/23/08 Placed BACK on Administrative Processing (221g)

02/01/08 WE WERE APPROVED!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

02/06/08 VISA arrives!!!!!!!

04/01/08 My honey arrives in the US!

WEDDING DATE: 04/27/08!

AOS:

05/22/08 Package sent

06/02/08 Got all 3 NOA's

6/21/08 Biometrics

7/12/08 RFE: want 12 months of bank statements

7/16/08 mailed statements

7/22/08 statements received

10/10/08 AP received

10/15/08 Work Permit received

1/24/09 Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.