TexPamp

I am at it again

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I used to post under a different username almost 4 years ago when I was going to bring my novia from Mexico. Well things didn't work out so well and she backed off before I could get the process started, end of story and I haven't heard from her since.

The end of last summer I went on a trip to the Philippines and met a lovely Pinay and we kept in touch through the Yahoo Messenger. Well I just returned this week after my 2nd trip to the Philippines and we saw eachother (of course) and we have decided to make a go at it.

So here I am again looking for guidance from this site, it was very helpful the last time and I am sure it will again provide help as I am sure some things have changed in the last 4 years.

My big concern this time is arrest record. Now this isn't going to win me any popularity contests on this board and likely a big mound of disapproval but we do have feelings for eachother and at this point that is all that matters.

My girlfriend works in a bar in Angeles City PI and was arrested less than 2 years ago during a bar raid. I am sure this will come to the attention of the powers that be when I file the papers to bring her over on a fiancee visa. My question is, how much weight will be given to the arrest and will the fact that she works in a bar (yes, a girly bar) be considered in their decision making?

Thank you for you help and hopefully no one will be to judgemental of me or my fiancee.

TexPamp

Edited by TexPamp

K-1

March 17, 2008.....I-129F Packet sent to Vermont Service Center

March 20, 2008.....I-129F arrived at Vermont Service Center

March 21, 2008.....NOA 1

May 27, 2008........NOA2

June 19, 2008.......Delbros Paid

June 30, 2008.......Medical (Passed)

July 18, 2008........Interview (Passed, Pink and White slip)

Sept 17, 2008.......Recieved Visa

Sept 19, 2008.......CFO at St. Mary's

Sept 22, 2008.......Travel to USA, POE Honolulu, Late night arrival to Las Vegas

Sept 23, 2008.......MARRIED

Sept 25, 2008.......Left Las Vegas driving home

Sept 26, 2008.......Arrived in El Paso, Texas

AOS

December 8, 2008 Package sent

December 26, 2008 NOA

8114.gif

Hello,

I used to post under a different username almost 4 years ago when I was going to bring my novia from Mexico. Well things didn't work out so well and she backed off before I could get the process started, end of story and I haven't heard from her since.

The end of last summer I went on a trip to the Philippines and met a lovely Pinay and we kept in touch through the Yahoo Messenger. Well I just returned this week after my 2nd trip to the Philippines and we saw eachother (of course) and we have decided to make a go at it.

So here I am again looking for guidance from this site, it was very helpful the last time and I am sure it will again provide help as I am sure some things have changed in the last 4 years.

My big concern this time is arrest record. Now this isn't going to win me any popularity contests on this board and likely a big mound of disapproval but we do have feelings for eachother and at this point that is all that matters.

My girlfriend works in a bar in Angeles City PI and was arrested less than 2 years ago during a bar raid. I am sure this will come to the attention of the powers that be when I file the papers to bring her over on a fiancee visa. My question is, how much weight will be given to the arrest and will the fact that she works in a bar (yes, a girly bar) be considered in their decision making?

Thank you for you help and hopefully no one will be to judgemental of me or my fiancee.

TexPamp

Well, this matter depends on the following:

* if the police clearance or NBI clearance will be okay...then, nothing to worry :yes:

* if she is arrested, was there a record of the arrest and what was the result? Did she go to court? Was there a fine? B)

* if she is convicted of a crime, then, that is another problem :(

Tell her to get a police clearance first, then, NBI clearance...see the result first and if its OKAY, then, apply for a K1. GOODLUCK :thumbs:

MY JOURNEY

* March 26,2008- Leave Philippines

* March 28,2008- POE GUAM....nice people...IMMIGRATION very accommodating...good ,friendly people

* March 28,2008 - Arrived Orlando, Florida

* April 02,2008- Apply SSN

* April 18,2008- BRIDAL SHOWER

* April 20,2008- Rcvd my SSN

* April 26,2008- MARRIAGE

* April 28,2008- Rcvd my Marriage Certificate Documents

* April 28,2008- Change my name to my married name SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE

* May 01,2008- Got 2 Bank Accounts

* May 05, 2008- Rcvd my SSN with my married name on it

* May 22,2008- Got 2 Credit Card Accounts approval

* May 23-28,2008- Visit Alabama,Mississippi and Louisiana

7061.gif

* May 31,2008 - Mailed my EAD- I-765

* June 04,2008 - Notice Date Rcvd

* June 09,2008 - NOA arrived (PROBLEM:My first name spelled incorrectly)

* Aug. 02, 2008- Rcvd a USCIS letter that they corrected the typo error

Fast Forward...

FEB 12,2011 - SUBMITTED I-751 APPLICATION TO VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

FEB 22,2011 - RECEIVED NOTICE OF ACTION ON I-751 APPLICATION

What was she arrested for? Was she charged and does this arrest show up on her police record? If it was a crime of moral turpitude you might have a very difficult time of it.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
What was she arrested for? Was she charged and does this arrest show up on her police record? If it was a crime of moral turpitude you might have a very difficult time of it.

I guess I need to ask some serious questions. I hope this isn't going to become a hopeless situation.

K-1

March 21, 2008.....NOA 1

May 27, 2008........NOA2

Sept 22, 2008.......Travel to USA, POE Honolulu, Late night arrival to Las Vegas

AOS

December 26, 2008 NOA

8114.gif

Timeline

* if the police clearance or NBI clearance will be okay...then, nothing to worry :yes:

* if she is arrested, was there a record of the arrest and what was the result? Did she go to court? Was there a fine? B)

Tell her to get a police clearance first, then, NBI clearance...see the result first and if its OKAY, then, apply for a K1. GOODLUCK

:thumbs:

Are there fees involved in getting these clearances? If not ok, what do I do, just give up. That almost doesn't seem right.

Thx

Tex

K-1

March 21, 2008.....NOA 1

May 27, 2008........NOA2

AOS

December 26, 2008 NOA

8114.gif

Hello,

TexPamp

I wish you good luck. Who was arrested? The petitioner or beneficiary?

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Tell her to get a police clearance first, then, NBI clearance...see the result first and if its OKAY, then, apply for a K1. GOODLUCK

:thumbs:

Are there fees involved in getting these clearances? If not ok, what do I do, just give up. That almost doesn't seem right.

Thx

Tex

Actually, your big concern is her arrest record, what is most needed in the last part of K1 processing is NBI( NATIONAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION) clearance where in criminal records will show. Tell her to get one , it is only less than Php200, can have the result the same day if she has no record. If the record will be delayed , it doesn't mean she had also. My point is get the NBI to know if she is indeed have a record and how bad it is. As I understand, there will be problems if she has criminal records (convicted). I suggest, get one first and come back on the forums so we can research what will happen next. B) GOODLUCK :thumbs:

MY JOURNEY

* March 28,2008- POE GUAM....nice people...IMMIGRATION very accommodating...good ,friendly people

7061.gif

Fast Forward...

i dont have any advice on ur situation but can someone tell me what a pinay is? i see it so much on visa jorney that i would like to know.

PINAY means FILIPINO WOMAN. It is just a short cut of the word FILIPINA. Of whom TEX is inlove with :D

MY JOURNEY

7061.gif

Fast Forward...

Filed: Other Timeline

I guess I need to ask some serious questions. I hope this isn't going to become a hopeless situation.

Are you saying you have been to see this woman two times and you don't know what she was arrested for? Or why?

Or are you saying you need to find out if the arrest is on her police record?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

And you need to ask these before you start to send off any paperwork to USCIS, imo. Good luck.

Edited by Mags

Timeline

I have asked my fiancée details of the arrest and it seems she was taken in for questioning as what she says, she was considered a victim at this event rather than a contributor to an illegal event. The event was a pool party staged by American ExPats and bar owners.

Now we just have to wait and see what the NBI and other clearances have to say.

Thank you for your answers in this thread

TexPamp

K-1

March 21, 2008.....NOA 1

May 27, 2008........NOA2

AOS

December 26, 2008 NOA

8114.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

A few things:

1. The regional forum here for the Phillipines seems very active. Asking your question there might get additional responses.

2. If the arrest was for a crime of Moral turpitude...yes you will have a hard time. There is a section here on waivers that could help you with that.

3. I would consider getting ALL the facts of the arrest...making sure she knows that she needs to be honest with you because if she isn't, it's going to come out during immigration anyway...and then possibly consulting with an attorney to see where to go from there.

Either way, welcome and good luck.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg