Island-Girl

HELP about Affidvait of support

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi VJ'ers

is it ok affidavit of support not yet notarized but my fiance is with me during interview.

The affidavit of support *must* be notarized before the interview.

i think its fine.. my fiance is with me..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
hi VJ'ers

is it ok affidavit of support not yet notarized but my fiance is with me during interview.

The affidavit of support *must* be notarized before the interview.

. It

The affidavit of support has to be notarized or affirmed to an immigration official. Here is what the I-134 instructions read-If you are in the United States, the affidavit may besworn to or affirmed before an officer of U.S. Citizenshipand Immigration Services (USCIS) without the payment offee, or before a notary public or other officers authorizedto administer oaths for general purposes, in which case theofficial seal or certificate of authority to administer oathsmust be affixed.

If you are outside the United States, the affidavitmust be sworn to or notice affirmed before a U.S.consular or immigration officer.

So even if he/she goes with you to the interview, the affidavit of support still needs to be signed in front of an official as mentioned above. I recommend you do this soon before the interview. No telling if you have time the day of the interview.

Edited by janaus

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I actually saw a guy filling out his I-134 in the waiting area at the Embassy just before interview. I don't know if the VISA was approved.

It may be doable as long as u can find someone to notarize it at the embassy. But why chance it...easier to do it before.

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Why did you ask the question then?

:lol: my response EXACTLY; if you hadn't said it, MoxMan, I would have :D

egad...

:lol:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I actually saw a guy filling out his I-134 in the waiting area at the Embassy just before interview. I don't know if the VISA was approved.

It may be doable as long as u can find someone to notarize it at the embassy. But why chance it...easier to do it before.

Notary services are available to US Citizens at US Embassies and Consulates. If he's going to be there for the interview, just have him go to the US Citizen services department and get it notarized before the interview. The day before would be smart but he can probably do it during your waiting around time.

On the other hand, if he's still in the US, he can drop into his bank or insurance agency to get it notarized far more easily.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Timeline

Notary services are available to US Citizens at US Embassies and Consulates. If he's going to be there for the interview, just have him go to the US Citizen services department and get it notarized before the interview. The day before would be smart but he can probably do it during your waiting around time.

On the other hand, if he's still in the US, he can drop into his bank or insurance agency to get it notarized far more easily.

For some reason, that doesn't always work.

I have read reports on VJ of consulates denying this request. I don't know why.

Timeline

Yes, in Guangzhou there is often a disconnect between what the customer service people understand about the I-134 and what the IV unit requires, even though their attention is called to it fairly frequently. The disconnect seems to be one section thinks the I-134 is not a required form, so won't let you inside to get it notarized, while the IV unit actually does require the form and for it to be notarized. One should be successful if they explain to the Consular officer they attempted to get it notarized but were prevented from doing so.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Timeline

Yes, in Guangzhou there is often a disconnect between what the customer service people understand about the I-134 and what the IV unit requires, even though their attention is called to it fairly frequently. The disconnect seems to be one section thinks the I-134 is not a required form, so won't let you inside to get it notarized, while the IV unit actually does require the form and for it to be notarized. One should be successful if they explain to the Consular officer they attempted to get it notarized but were prevented from doing so.

Maybe William33 can come along and explain more about this. It has always mystified me.

*Not saying you are wrong - but he has worked in embassies and consulates*

Timeline

Maybe William33 can come along and explain more about this. It has always mystified me.

*Not saying you are wrong - but he has worked in embassies and consulates*

My exposure is limited to Guangzhou but a Consular officer in GUZ participates at CFL and I've seen his answers to complaints about not being able to get inside to have the I-134 notarized, including the reasons given to those who failed and the clear response that the proper instructions are repeatly given to the right people. There's a similar problem with the medical facilities that often won't accept the fillable forms and make people redo them by hand.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.