Sand

AOS & EAD Feb. 2008 Filers

2,644 posts in this topic

Hi! I opened this thread for who ever going to file for AOS or EAD.

Good Luck! :thumbs:

Not sure how to update our case with you so as to keep track. But approved Travel and employment today. Card production ordered. I will update on my timeline. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

*One* of my checks (the I-485 with the biometrics fee) cashed! :dance:

I tried entering my receipt number on the back of the check but it doesn't seem to be in the system (yet)? Two questions:

1. is it normal that the three letters are MSC? I would have guessed VSC for Vermont Service Center but maybe I just made that coincidental connection in my head?

2. is it normal that only one of my checks cashed? wouldn't they want all my money at once? :)

Edited by carolinek

04/26/2000 -- Met at college

07/02/2004 -- Started dating...

01/03/2008 -- Married!

02/26/2008 -- Filed I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

02/27/2008 -- V Bustamante signs for package at Chicago

04/02/2008 -- Checks cashed! Finally!!

04/05/2008 -- NOAs for I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765

04/08/2008 -- Biometrics scheduled for 4/22/2008

04/22/2008 -- Biometrics done! Took all of 20 minutes...wow.

04/25/2008 -- I-131 Approval Notice Sent! Yay!

04/30/2008 -- EAD Card Production ordered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi! I opened this thread for who ever going to file for AOS or EAD.

Good Luck! :thumbs:

Not sure how to update our case with you so as to keep track. But approved Travel and employment today. Card production ordered. I will update on my timeline. Thanks in advance.

Congrats to you lovelylili

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
*One* of my checks (the I-485 with the biometrics fee) cashed! :dance:

I tried entering my receipt number on the back of the check but it doesn't seem to be in the system (yet)? Two questions:

1. is it normal that the three letters are MSC? I would have guessed VSC for Vermont Service Center but maybe I just made that coincidental connection in my head?

2. is it normal that only one of my checks cashed? wouldn't they want all my money at once? :)

Hello, I think if you send it to Chicago, the letters are MSC, but if you sent it to Vermont, then I have no idea! I think most people's here are MSC. As for only one check being cashed, maybe there are different people who do the I-130 and AOS? Just a guess, but I'm not sure.

Also, its not the number on the check that shows up in the system, there are actually 3 separate numbers (AOS, AP, EAD) that show up. Try putting a different number into the system (I believe it's just the last number that is different, so try a 4 instead of a 5 or something like that) Hope that helps!

Filed: Timeline

We had the bio-metrics appointment today..

Our appointment was at 11am but we showed up around 9.50am and the room was packed already and our number wasn't called until 11.10am and it took about another 20-30 min for the FP process & taking your photo and we were out at 11.35am..

Tampa is darn slow...plan to arrive at least an hour or two before your appointment..

There is plenty of free-parking around the building and no cell phones allowed inside...

Mom sponsoring for her son(my brother)

06/15/2010 : I-130 for son
06/23/2010 : Check Cashed
06/26/2010 : Received NOA
03/20/2012 : Received RFE(I-797E)
05/23/2012: Application approved after RFE response
06/29/2012: Received letter from NVC

06/03/2015: Change petition from F1 to F3 category

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

6. K-1 & AOS & ROC TimeLine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi all,

I filed for my wife's AOS on February 23 and recieved all NOA's about a week later. My wife's biometrics was completed on March 19 and on Monday, March 31st, I recieved a letter for my wife's interview for her green card. The interview date is April 17. My I-485 case does not appear online, but my others, I-765, I-131 do appear saying that a notice was sent out on February 29, (NOA's).

Has anyone else gotten an interview date? I really need her EAD badly so I can get her a SSN# to file my taxes, but I'll probably have to file for an tax extension for that now that the deadline is coming up. Can I get a SSN# with a green card approval at our interview? Or do I still have to wait for EAD to show up? Thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Hi all,

I filed for my wife's AOS on February 23 and recieved all NOA's about a week later. My wife's biometrics was completed on March 19 and on Monday, March 31st, I recieved a letter for my wife's interview for her green card. The interview date is April 17. My I-485 case does not appear online, but my others, I-765, I-131 do appear saying that a notice was sent out on February 29, (NOA's).

Has anyone else gotten an interview date? I really need her EAD badly so I can get her a SSN# to file my taxes, but I'll probably have to file for an tax extension for that now that the deadline is coming up. Can I get a SSN# with a green card approval at our interview? Or do I still have to wait for EAD to show up? Thanks.

You don't need to have a green card for a SSN. Just go to your local SS office with a certified copy of your marriage license, her passport/visa and file for one. We filed for my husband's SSN the day after we marrried and got it back in about a month. There's no way to expedite getting a SS card, but if you go back to the office in about 3 weeks, they sometimes have the number on file and can tell you. The card comes in the mail :thumbs:

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

Timeline
Hi all,

You don't need to have a green card for a SSN. Just go to your local SS office with a certified copy of your marriage license, her passport/visa and file for one. We filed for my husband's SSN the day after we marrried and got it back in about a month. There's no way to expedite getting a SS card, but if you go back to the office in about 3 weeks, they sometimes have the number on file and can tell you. The card comes in the mail :thumbs:

I was just about to post something very similar. We also needed just a passport and marriage license, no AOS or EAD or anything.My husbands took about 2 weeks to arrive as well. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Yyahhhh!!

EAD and AP approval notice sent today.. :dance:

YEA!! Congrats!! :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

Timeline
However, I was told that I do need my EAD to change my name on my SSN...

That's weird...shouldn't you just be able to use your marriage certificate? Does yours say something about being able to work with certain authorization? That's what my husband says, so maybe they ask for the EAD so they don't have to change it twice.

I have been reading this forum and what a great support group here. I am new here and I am filing my AOS, AP, EAD.

I got some questions hope someone can help me.

1) my case received on Feb 12. Soon after I got Notice of Acton I-797C. They are I485, I765, I130, I131. OKay. Then I have my bio appt about a week later. I have completed the biometric on March11.

Am I suppose to get any letter before I got my EAD?

And I always use the online status on USCIS website. This is the table in my account.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Last updated.

03/11/2008 I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

02/22/2008 I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

03/11/2008 I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

02/22/2008 I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Does it seem normal? There were no update for the past three weeks. I have been reading ppl getting the EAD and AP. I feel hopeless here.

2) Whats "TOUCHED" actually mean? I know i am three chapter behind. Please explain.

3) Sometimes ppl talk about Case transferred. How can I check that?

Please help and support, I appreciate it!!!

Remove Conditional Status

(2010)

Sep 13 - Mailed I-751

Sep 30 - NOA received

Oct 2 - Bio Letter Received 10/13/2010

Oct 13 - Bio Appointment

Oct 15 - Touched

Dec 22 - Case Approved

Dec 28 - Approval Letter Received. Yay!!

Dec 29 - Permanent Green Card Received. Double Yay!!

Dec 30 - Touched - Case status showed "Post Decision Activity" from "initial review". Done Deal!

AOS

(2008)

Feb 8th - Mailed AOS, EAD, AP

Feb 12th - Package Received

Feb 19th - NOAs for AP(I-131), EAD(I-765) and AOS (I-485) (I-130)

Feb 21st - Appointment letter for biometrics

March 11th - Biometrics

April 4th AOS EAD TOUCHED!

April 4th I-765 Card Production Ordered!

April 4th I-132 Aproval Notice Sent!

April 8th Card Production Ordered (again) what?!

April 11th EAD and AP received in mail. Thank god finally

April 12th Big wedding

Nov 7th Interview Letter Received

Dec 11th Interview 12:45 PM @ Cincinnati OH

Dec 11th Approved! I 551 stamp obtained

Dec 11th Touch - Card Production Ordered.

Dec 16th Touch I485, I130 touch

Dec 17th Welcome letter received in the mail

Dec 17th I485 Touch

Dec 18th thru Jan 5th Out of country

Jan 5th Green Card Received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
ya, AOS is completely seperate from getting your SSN

I got mine before we got married!

see signature

I forgot to mention that we were late in submitting our AOS and her I-94 had expired. We didn't go to SS office until after her I-94 expired and she was at that time out-of-status. The SS person told us to go to immigration and file for AOS, and after reading all these topics, I have learned that we need EAD for her to get SS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.