garya505

Anybody know about building a simple house in the Philippines?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anybody know about building a house in the Philippines?

I'm building a simple farmhouse for my in-laws, who are currently squatters on government land.

20x30 ft

concrete slab foundation

concrete block walls

metal roof on wood trusses

I need info on designs, materials, labor, etc. to complete up a cost estiimate. Any help would be appreciated by both me and the in-laws.

Find a forum for expats living in the PI. I can find one later if you like. I'm at work now.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i hear 3 little pigs construction is hit or miss. make sure you don't get the one that believe in straw construction.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Approximately $3k, all inclusive of windows, doors and so forth. This is anecdotal information from a former State Department colleague posted in the PI, that married there. The local family needs to organize this effort; otherwise it will cost 3 times that, if you attempt to organize it yourself.

All the best.

i hear 3 little pigs construction is hit or miss. make sure you don't get the one that believe in straw construction.

Geez, Charles I am refraining heavily from my thoughts :devil:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

depends on where you build it. in the outskirts or in the country. flat land or hilly? lumber is hard to come by in some areas . Manila, Luzon,Olongapo, no problem , but other areas are challenging to say the least. we have built 2 over the years and the costs were very different so look at several local contractors and see what they say. then do it yourself. i have plans for a 24x30 , 24x36, and 24x40 . you dont want to go more than 24' wide. my engineer is licensed in manila and he has all the requirements in a package . you can get it from the juristiction where you build. AL :thumbs:

05/27/06 / Marriage

07/17/07 / I-130 sent

07/19/07 / NOA1

12/11/07 / NOA2

12/27/07 / NVC

01/14/08 / DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

01/15/08 / E-mailed DS-3032

01/16/08 / DS-3032 accepted and entered

01/18/08 / AOS payment sent

02/02/08 / I-864 received

02/04/08 / I-864 sent

02/07/08 / IV Bill received

02/07/08 / IV bill sent

03/02/08 / DS-230 sent

03/14/08 / CASE COMPLETE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Approximately $3k, all inclusive of windows, doors and so forth. This is anecdotal information from a former State Department colleague posted in the PI, that married there. The local family needs to organize this effort; otherwise it will cost 3 times that, if you attempt to organize it yourself.

All the best.

Thanks, that's in the same ballpark as my current estimate.

Sorry Gary, still haven't heard from Nancy :unsure:

Thanks Jim, anything she can help with will be appreciated. I'm getting bits and pieces of info from my in-laws and other people and putting it all together. I'll get there one way or another. :help: