Jamaica to CT

Poor Haitians resort to eating dirt

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Speechless :cry:

T if you ever go back link mi up. I've always wanted to do missionary work.

Sure thing my girl. One thing though, you have to check your EMOTIONS at the door. I found that out the hard way. I did not know a person could be so overwhelm with emotions that one could pass out like I did. Poverty is one thing, but being SICK, having kids to feed and having no way or means to get help is another thing. The first trip I did, I believe I stayed 3 months. I was the youngest in my group and the only black. I was consumed with emotion. I did not eat for 2 days. As I type this I am almost brought to tears as I remebered watching kids dig through trash not to feed themselves, but to feed their sick mother who is dying from AIDS becuase their father decided to sleep with a prostitute. I went with a Woman's World Group and our main focus was to track the amount of women with HIV in Haiti.

I always wondered how people dealth with seeing things like that. All I can say is, see, but don't SEE and FEEL, but don't react. If you get what I'm saying.

I get U....I'm not sure why that would mek me pass out. I've seen the insides of wounds, huge open bed sores that stank like you would not even believe. I think I can hang...not saying I won't get emotional at first, but I can hang

that's the easy part. I was talking about the condition of the children and the pregnant women. That stuff don't get to me. I bawled and bawled...they pastor said to let it out. I bawled until I passed out and when I came to, I bawled until I threw up (sorry).

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lawny,

I agree why can't Haiti get passed this...this has been going on for many, many years and to avail, no help. People "walk" pass instead of helping. I am too emotional to any of that stuff. I cry for the kids I see on TV, much less to see them in real life...I can't

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Lawny,

I agree why can't Haiti get passed this...this has been going on for many, many years and to avail, no help. People "walk" pass instead of helping. I am too emotional to any of that stuff. I cry for the kids I see on TV, much less to see them in real life...I can't

My gurl,

That's what I've been saying for many years. I've heard all sort of things about why Haiti can't get pass that. Some make sense, but most of it is B'Claat foolishness. Mi nearli drop down when I heard that Aristide, I think that was the last president (smadi correct mi if I mi wrang)...he's not longer in power (another BC ediat) was warmly welcomed in Jamaica. This was big news years ago. Mi near drap dung when mi hear. I've also done alot of missionary work a yard too. Mostly getting schools set up after they're built. I've not done much work since I've had my son. I help out when we have a dance or something to raise money when a large hurricane hits the island. Last year we had 2 dances for call DUTTY DEAN.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Lawny,

My gurl,

That's what I've been saying for many years. I've heard all sort of things about why Haiti can't get pass that. Some make sense, but most of it is B'Claat foolishness. Mi nearli drop down when I heard that Aristide, I think that was the last president (smadi correct mi if I mi wrang)...he's not longer in power (another BC ediat) was warmly welcomed in Jamaica. This was big news years ago. Mi near drap dung when mi hear. I've also done alot of missionary work a yard too. Mostly getting schools set up after they're built. I've not done much work since I've had my son. I help out when we have a dance or something to raise money when a large hurricane hits the island. Last year we had 2 dances for call DUTTY DEAN.

Yes, it was Aristide..fled with the help of the US as well..u know him was a catalic priest :whistle:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Lawny,

My gurl,

Yes, it was Aristide..fled with the help of the US as well..u know him was a catalic priest :whistle:

im a wah. Wait mi naw read dat right. Dat wicked rass a wah...u afi type dat again.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Lawny,

My gurl,

im a wah. Wait mi naw read dat right. Dat wicked rass a wah...u afi type dat again.

hhahaha...HIM WAS A CATHOLIC PRIEST ..:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Lawny,

My gurl,

hhahaha...HIM WAS A CATHOLIC PRIEST .. :)

Yea, he sure was a priest...Then he got power and got hungry...

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Other Timeline
Speechless :cry:

T if you ever go back link mi up. I've always wanted to do missionary work.

Sure thing my girl. One thing though, you have to check your EMOTIONS at the door. I found that out the hard way. I did not know a person could be so overwhelm with emotions that one could pass out like I did. Poverty is one thing, but being SICK, having kids to feed and having no way or means to get help is another thing. The first trip I did, I believe I stayed 3 months. I was the youngest in my group and the only black. I was consumed with emotion. I did not eat for 2 days. As I type this I am almost brought to tears as I remebered watching kids dig through trash not to feed themselves, but to feed their sick mother who is dying from AIDS becuase their father decided to sleep with a prostitute. I went with a Woman's World Group and our main focus was to track the amount of women with HIV in Haiti.

I always wondered how people dealth with seeing things like that. All I can say is, see, but don't SEE and FEEL, but don't react. If you get what I'm saying.

I get U....I'm not sure why that would mek me pass out. I've seen the insides of wounds, huge open bed sores that stank like you would not even believe. I think I can hang...not saying I won't get emotional at first, but I can hang

that's the easy part. I was talking about the condition of the children and the pregnant women. That stuff don't get to me. I bawled and bawled...they pastor said to let it out. I bawled until I passed out and when I came to, I bawled until I threw up (sorry).

Oh ok...cause I don't have a weak stomach, I think I'll be fine, if a sistah pass out jus slap mi and tell mi to get it together. :wacko: I'm serious about wanting to go.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I read this story in the Gleaner today; it was so heartbreaking. I have always wanted to do a missionary trip with Church, but I am a very emotional person. I get overwhelmed because I want to help everyone; I know helping one is more than enough, but sometimes, it is so hard to see what happens in the world...Lawny, nuff respec' to yuh mi girl. Mi nuh knoa if mi coulda do it, but as you said see and don't see or feel, but how hard is it to do that?

It is unfortunate that those who go into public SERVICE, seem to only end up SERVING THEMSELVES!! Ole fart dem :angry: When is someone who is really there to help people going to be able to get a REAL break in this world.

Edited by JA Tam

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

I read this story in the Gleaner today; it was so heartbreaking. I have always wanted to do a missionary trip with Church, but I am a very emotional person. I get overwhelmed because I want to help everyone; I know helping one is more than enough, but sometimes, it is so hard to see what happens in the world...Lawny, nuff respec' to yuh mi girl. Mi nuh knoa if mi coulda do it, but as you said see and don't see or feel, but how hard is it to do that?

It is unfortunate that those who go into public SERVICE, seem to only end up SERVING THEMSELVES!! Ole fart dem :angry: When is someone who is really there to help people going to be able to get a REAL break in this world.

Good Night my gurl,

Let me tell you it was not easy. When I told you I passed out from being overwhelmed with emotion it was not an easy thing and was so young. My mind said to run, you can still turn back the plane leaves in 8 hours back to the state, but because i'm a caring and loving and God fearing person, I could not walk away. It holds you there. I don't know how else to describe it and then the hurt you feel turns to anger. You try to understand how the government of a country could let things like this happen to their own people. Cho...uni pray fi mi...time mi start cuss again.

Mi BEX bad...caan believe dat RASS was a PRIEST...PREIST FI WAH

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Night my gurl,

Let me tell you it was not easy. When I told you I passed out from being overwhelmed with emotion it was not an easy thing and was so young. My mind said to run, you can still turn back the plane leaves in 8 hours back to the state, but because i'm a caring and loving and God fearing person, I could not walk away. It holds you there. I don't know how else to describe it and then the hurt you feel turns to anger. You try to understand how the government of a country could let things like this happen to their own people. Cho...uni pray fi mi...time mi start cuss again.

I just read the actual article and I feel like I want to throw up!!! #######!!!!! I don't get this ish!! I'm so sorry correct me if I am wrong...but what will it take for the 1st world countries to give a shyt about brown people dying all over the world!!!

It drives me CRAZY!!!! :wacko::wacko: OMG is it January 20, 2009 yet!?!?!?!?! We are spending billions on a Bush's BS personal war and we can't find a way to permanently END HUNGER!?!?!?!?! This country is SOOOOOOOO scientifically advanced that we can clone embryos...but we CAN'T END HUNGER!?!?!?!?!?! Maybe the better question is who profits if we do? That thought is even sadder than the article...Cash really does rule everything!!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Good Night my gurl,

I just read the actual article and I feel like I want to throw up!!! #######!!!!! I don't get this ish!! I'm so sorry correct me if I am wrong...but what will it take for the 1st world countries to give a shyt about brown people dying all over the world!!!

It drives me CRAZY!!!! :wacko::wacko: OMG is it January 20, 2009 yet!?!?!?!?! We are spending billions on a Bush's BS personal war and we can't find a way to permanently END HUNGER!?!?!?!?! This country is SOOOOOOOO scientifically advanced that we can clone embryos...but we CAN'T END HUNGER!?!?!?!?!?! Maybe the better question is who profits if we do? That thought is even sadder than the article...Cash really does rule everything!!

Bless,

Gill

Mawnin Gill,

My gurl, hold your breath. I've seen it all working in Washington DC. It is so FRIGGIN sick and that's putting it the nice way. When I first went to protest the mess that was going on the Dufar, Sudan, I could not eat for a few days. Let me tell you what I notice when I go to protest, here and in other states. I don't see a lot of BLACKS and that brothers me a lot. Many of the times I've done missionary work in Haiti and elswhere in the carribbean, I'malways the only black person in the group. I don't know, but I just feel that SOME of us don't support each other the way we need to.

I'll tell you this sistreh, if there was OIL in Haiti, I bet you dat ####### eye ediat dutty rasshole of a president would be over there rebuilding that country.

Damn and I said I wasn't going to cuss today.........to late :whistle:

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Haiti has had issues for as long as I can remember. You cannot pinpoint their issues on one person, one problem, or one era.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lawny,

My gurl,

hhahaha...HIM WAS A CATHOLIC PRIEST ..:)

Was until he was kicked out in 1988 for inciting hatred and violence contrary to his role as priest.

Good Night my gurl,

Bless,

Gill

In 1925, Haiti was a lush tropical paradise, with 60% of its original forest covering the lands and mountainous regions. Since then, the population has cut down all but 2% of its forest cover, and in the process has destroyed fertile farmland soils, while contributing to desertification

Haiti remains the least-developed country in the Americas, largely due to political instability and repeated episodes of violence

Foreign aid makes up approximately 30%-40% of the national government's budget. The largest donor is the United States, and European nations also contribute.

Exactly what would you propose be done?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If Hati went back to farming the price of food or grain would be cheaper as it wouldn't have to pass on the import taxes to its people. That should be one of the first steps. As a country it has to learn to be self-sufficent again, giving out food is great, but what happens when that food is gone. Growing one's food and passing that knowlege down is priceless.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.