Jamaica to CT

Poor Haitians resort to eating dirt

48 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have to watch the video when I go home. Globalization - sounds like rape to me.

Gurl,

After I watched it mi bawl, mi bawl mi bawl...huntil!!! To see my parents parents parents PARENTS homeland to be reduced to this!!! It hurt mi sumting BAD!!!

Let mi knoa wat yuh think after you watch it!

Bless,

Gill

Yu see it...I watched "Life and Debt" a few years ago and I had my entire family sit down and watch it with me, because it was devastating to see how Economic "falacies" destroyed the Jamaican economy. It broke my heart, especially when you consider the "dumping" of chicken parts in the country. It opened my eyes as to even some of the things that Mr. Clinton did to mi lan'. :angry: It bun mi man...

I used a part of the story in a presentation I did last year for my Masters as well...it is a good watch. :thumbs:

Haha Tam Tam...I did a paper on it also!! :lol: My professor loved it. He was like Wow...I went to Jamaica on vacation last year and had NO IDEA!!! :no: Like you my family sat down and watched 'Life & Debt' many years ago...it hurt mi yuh see! I had the Caribbean Club show it last year and those kids were like..."We had no idea!" and their parentage is JAMAICAN!!! SURRRRRPS!!

Seriously if we Jamaicans don't watch out inna few years Jamaica's economic stat will be very similar to Haiti's. Fortunately we do not have the constant uprising and political take overs Haiti does...which is what is really causing a great deal of their issues. No one is in office long enough to make an impact and the corruption in Haiti is ridiciulous... Jamaica is right there with the corruption ting though!!

Dyam shame...Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have to watch the video when I go home. Globalization - sounds like rape to me.

Gurl,

After I watched it mi bawl, mi bawl mi bawl...huntil!!! To see my parents parents parents PARENTS homeland to be reduced to this!!! It hurt mi sumting BAD!!!

Let mi knoa wat yuh think after you watch it!

Bless,

Gill

Yu see it...I watched "Life and Debt" a few years ago and I had my entire family sit down and watch it with me, because it was devastating to see how Economic "falacies" destroyed the Jamaican economy. It broke my heart, especially when you consider the "dumping" of chicken parts in the country. It opened my eyes as to even some of the things that Mr. Clinton did to mi lan'. :angry: It bun mi man...

I used a part of the story in a presentation I did last year for my Masters as well...it is a good watch. :thumbs:

Haha Tam Tam...I did a paper on it also!! :lol: My professor loved it. He was like Wow...I went to Jamaica on vacation last year and had NO IDEA!!! :no: Like you my family sat down and watched 'Life & Debt' many years ago...it hurt mi yuh see! I had the Caribbean Club show it last year and those kids were like..."We had no idea!" and their parentage is JAMAICAN!!! SURRRRRPS!!

Seriously if we Jamaicans don't watch out inna few years Jamaica's economic stat will be very similar to Haiti's. Fortunately we do not have the constant uprising and political take overs Haiti does...which is what is really causing a great deal of their issues. No one is in office long enough to make an impact and the corruption in Haiti is ridiciulous... Jamaica is right there with the corruption ting though!!

Dyam shame...Gill

Dat ah di problem mi hav' most time; ah like wi people nuh waan knoa dem history. Wi jus inna one dream world. Mi woulda love go wid Lawny pon one ah dem mission trip deh. Di ongle ting is mi nuh inna healthcare an' mi knoa nuff ah dem mission trip deh ah fi dat reason. What I find devastating in reference to not knowing the history, is that more Haitians are not proud of their heritage in the fact that they were the first to be emancipated and the rest of us seem to look down on them with disdain. Mi hav' nuttin but respec' fi dem, cah nuff ah weh dem go tru, nuff ah wi woulda crumble unda di weight. Mi sarry seh mi likkle sistah lef Ja when she did, because nuff tings weh she woulda learn ah JA but Caribbean history, she neva learn yah. Di odda day wi ah drive inna Miami and she somebody have dem Haitian flag ah big up dem independence fi ova 100 years. She neva realize seh dem get Emancipation way before di res ah di island dem.

One ting mi learn bout di US is dem nah help nobaddy weh nah go benefit dem; sad fi seh, but ah tru like weh unnu mention earlier!!! :angry:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.