56 posts in this topic

I totally agree with "tito".

Illegal immigrants take alot from the government so so so much and its not our countries problem to support the whole world.

Alot of people who come to usa they drive mercedes bmws. they are doctors lawyers or business owners and they dont tip when needed, they dont pay full taxes, they dont appreciate this country they complain about america but they are working and surviving here and sending money backhome. What about the American citizens? I'm not fully american but i am american by birth and I thank God all the time I was born here by grace. I will accept all the benefits only if I am giving back to my country.

As far as this marriage its best if the immigrant is sent back to their country its a loss and gain marrying a USA Citizen. Sorry all marriages don't work out and God bless you to help you move on but you can't blame America for your divorce. Other Americans who have married and will marry out of the country we are pushed back into the long waiting successful marriages have happened. I think the other divorced people on here should give us single people a chance to get married overseas before they start "net" searching for spouses. Dammit. :angry:

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I totally agree with "tito".

Illegal immigrants take alot from the government so so so much and its not our countries problem to support the whole world.

Alot of people who come to usa they drive mercedes bmws. they are doctors lawyers or business owners and they dont tip when needed, they dont pay full taxes, they dont appreciate this country they complain about america but they are working and surviving here and sending money backhome. What about the American citizens? I'm not fully american but i am american by birth and I thank God all the time I was born here by grace. I will accept all the benefits only if I am giving back to my country.

As far as this marriage its best if the immigrant is sent back to their country its a loss and gain marrying a USA Citizen. Sorry all marriages don't work out and God bless you to help you move on but you can't blame America for your divorce. Other Americans who have married and will marry out of the country we are pushed back into the long waiting successful marriages have happened. I think the other divorced people on here should give us single people a chance to get married overseas before they start "net" searching for spouses. Dammit. :angry:

How this has anything to do with what the OP originally asked is beyond me. :blink:

Immigration to the United States IS a part of the whole process so why should the immigrant now give up what he or she has HERE and go home??? Many give up their homes, careers, etc. to come here and marry their USC significant other - they have nothing to go home to. Besides, I don't recall the OP making mention that he or she would be a burden to society. You, nor any of us, know the situation in which this divorce has or is about to occur. The goal, or so I thought, of VJ was to offer support and advice...not judgmental opinions. Has the OP blamed America - is the OP illegal? I also don't recall seeing the OP stating that he or she was already "net" searching for a new spouse. I waited just as long as many others on here, some have waited far longer. Whatever your issue is shouldn't be used as a reason to judge the OP or anyone else on here. Just my opinion...as an American citizen...and as a Cherokee...one of the First Nations People. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

"...if they left their entire life behind, closed bank accounts, quit jobs, spent pots and pots of cash on the whole dire process and airfares and shipping and whatever else..."

Granted, many immigrants leave their lives behind (family, loved ones, whatever it is they leave behind), but many do so because there is a HUGE incentive to do so apart from the loving nature of a relationship with a USC. Well, maybe I'm a bit jaded...people do many things for love. On the other hand, if that's the case, then the relationship is worth working on. At the same time, however, from what I've seen, anyway, it's not the immigrant who makes the lion's share of sacrifices, it's the US Citizen changing their lives forever, banking on the relationship, spending pots and pots of cash, the airfare, and whatever else. And then to have the relationship go south for whatever reason? Who bears that risk? Shucks, just let the immigrant stay...just because? People want to come to the US by the BOATLOADS! There are thousands of potential immigrants from all over the world. That brings me back to my initial question - why should we afford special deference to someone who happened to gamble on a marital relationship (at best it was in earnest...lots of times, it's a pretty good bet for a prospective immigrant who wants a life they perceive as better in the US)? It was a risk for BOTH the immigrant and the USC. The USC invests a lot, too, often times more than the immigrant.

I just don't think that the immigrant should receive any special dispensation, consideration or deference that is any different from any other prospective immigrant if things don't work out.

what is your opinion on non-USC & USC has children and finish up to divorced? just deport the non-citizen along with children or leaved the children in US?

Edited by SJ

You could go on and on with varying hypothetical situations, and the more ties to the US that the immigrant has, the greater the reason to secure permanent residency. My issue, once again, is that the immigrant's threshold inquiry and #1 priority should not be a green card when going home is a viable option.

Filed: Timeline
You could go on and on with varying hypothetical situations, and the more ties to the US that the immigrant has, the greater the reason to secure permanent residency. My issue, once again, is that the immigrant's threshold inquiry and #1 priority should not be a green card when going home is a viable option.

Well, indeed, if an alien has children born out of the short-term marriage, <notice that I picked up on your Fruedian slip, where you wrote "immigrant' and corrected it ;) > the alien's #1 priority would be to make certain the child's interests are best-served...and that would most certainly require a green card. First priority? no. But necessary for the alien's first priority to come to fruition.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Then why are you living in the USA is Canada is so great? I mean why not make the US citizen immigrate to your country and become a Canadian? I wonder. I really do, it makes no sense, you act as if the US citizen has no rights in this whole process and it is always the US citizens fault no matter what and that it is fine to get by with whatever an immigrant can whether it is legal or not and there are many on here that would not hesitate at doing something illegal based on the comments that are posted. :whistle:

tito, immigration law lets a person whose marriage was entered into good faith and terminated file to remove conditions on his or her own. We are talking about cases without fraud, and you're insisting the person should leave the country because the USC is the only person who put in time or effort or sacrificed anything. Which ignores that moving across the world does upend one's life, and a person who did that and resettled might not want do that twice.

With all due respect, that the foreign spouse hasn't given up anything only makes sense if you view the foreign spouse as a piece of property the USC bought.

Fortunately immigration law doesn't agree. If they find that the marriage was entered into primarily for immigration benefit alone, then the person has no right to stay here. But marriages fail, for any number of reasons, and it isn't in anyone's interesting to make someone stay in a failed or abusive marriage to "earn" permanent residency.

Then why are you living in the USA is Canada is so great? I mean why not make the US citizen immigrate to your country and become a Canadian? I wonder. I really do, it makes no sense, you act as if the US citizen has no rights in this whole process and it is always the US citizens fault no matter what and that it is fine to get by with whatever an immigrant can whether it is legal or not and there are many on here that would not hesitate at doing something illegal based on the comments that are posted. :whistle:

tito, immigration law lets a person whose marriage was entered into good faith and terminated file to remove conditions on his or her own. We are talking about cases without fraud, and you're insisting the person should leave the country because the USC is the only person who put in time or effort or sacrificed anything. Which ignores that moving across the world does upend one's life, and a person who did that and resettled might not want do that twice.

With all due respect, that the foreign spouse hasn't given up anything only makes sense if you view the foreign spouse as a piece of property the USC bought.

Fortunately immigration law doesn't agree. If they find that the marriage was entered into primarily for immigration benefit alone, then the person has no right to stay here. But marriages fail, for any number of reasons, and it isn't in anyone's interesting to make someone stay in a failed or abusive marriage to "earn" permanent residency.

Good grief zqt - you are really stretching here. I don't think that is at all what Caladan is saying in her post.

Filed: Other Timeline
On the other hand, it's the USC who has the most to lose if things don't work out...seems to me almost universal that the great majority of costs and expenses are borne by the USC...the USC stands to be subject to support costs if things don't work out...the USC can't just toss everything and move home...the USC has got to support the ex if things don't work out. Bitter? Nah. Realistic.

I don't understand why you think this way. I am way richer than USC husband and I've paid all expenses for visa and other stuff. Why do you think all immigrants are very poor and can't even support ourselves? Biased?

You don't even know how much U.S is charging to immigrants to get through from fiance visa to greencard to get a citizenship. What U.S is charging us is beyond ridiculous and no way in million years my home country charges that much fee on immigrants/foreigners.

Whatever you say, United States Immigration Law lets immigrants to remove conditions IF they see immigrants had been in a faithful marriage. And THEY DO APPROVE those people to stay in United States even after divorce, so if you can't accept that fact, just fight against that law of United States to change.

PS You mentioned you've been to other countries for religious mission. Doesn't your religion tell you to open arms to other people? Or does it tell you to be biased on foreigners lol

Edited by Megumi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
One additional comment...I think I've covered just about everything... It is abhorrent to me that, after a short term marriage where the immigrant complains about how difficult the adjustment is, how much they miss home, how much they miss their family, their climate, their environment, their circumstances, whatever, the FIRST thing the proposed immigrant wants to do if and when things don't work out is secure permanent residency!! If they miss home so much, why is THAT the #1 priority?? It doesn't make sense.

I am not that interested in Permanent Residency.

It has so many negative aspects.

But you have to go through it to get Citizenship. This was never my intention, but the system makes it the only logical opton.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
On the other hand, it's the USC who has the most to lose if things don't work out...seems to me almost universal that the great majority of costs and expenses are borne by the USC...the USC stands to be subject to support costs if things don't work out...the USC can't just toss everything and move home...the USC has got to support the ex if things don't work out. Bitter? Nah. Realistic.

I don't understand why you think this way. I am way richer than USC husband and I've paid all expenses for visa and other stuff. Why do you think all immigrants are very poor and can't even support ourselves? Biased?

Me too, but I would never have dreamed of asking my spouse for my fees anyway.

I did raise this in another thread, he ignored it, so do not expect a respnse.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.