Amby

Severe Weather

141 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The weather here is so bad. Anyone else get it? The hospital a lot of my family members work at is locked down and the power is out. My sis said that the doors were blown open and stuff was coming in the doors and a lady ran inside screaming. That picture in my head kinda makes me giggle a bit but it's not funny. Lots of wind damage all over and stop lights out.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cold and windy here.The wind so strong it shake the door and windows with its eerie sound. :wacko: Snow showers start now also.

I hope my hubby home before it snow like crazy!!!

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It was absolutely terrifying here. Greencastle had the highest wind speeds recorded in the whole of Indiana (at time of typing). 81mph. We were sitting there watching a DVD when suddenly the house started creaking and groaning, the windows started to make cracking sounds and the noise, oh my flippin' gawds, scary. I thought the roof was lifting off. Add to that hail, torrential rain and thunderstorms too, ick.

All I could think was how the hell am I going to herd 7 cats into the basement in 2 cat carriers...:P

Platy has just gone to check that his Mom's place still has a roof and says the town looks bad; siding off houses, shingles strewn everywhere, store signs gone etc etc Plus the temps went from 55f to 29f in about 30 minutes and now it is sleeting and starting to snow!

American weather...I'm never going to get used to it.

Oh and a tornado was reported 12 miles north of Indy too. :(

Edited by Mags

Filed: Timeline

the temperature dropped really quick here too mags! it's so freaking windy it sounds kinda scary out there. they said there is so much damage that you shouldn't go outside unless you have to. I was in the basement and the whole time I had no clue anything was even happening until my aunt came downstairs with my baby cousin and waslike put her in the spare room.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline
the temperature dropped really quick here too mags! it's so freaking windy it sounds kinda scary out there. they said there is so much damage that you shouldn't go outside unless you have to. I was in the basement and the whole time I had no clue anything was even happening until my aunt came downstairs with my baby cousin and waslike put her in the spare room.

We've already left a message with our builder guy. Get in the very long queue for repairs! :lol:

it was 73 in alton..dropped to 23 in about an hour ..winds gusts of 53 mph..snow...

i saw the 4 riders of the Apocalypse in the park

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

It was absolutely terrifying here. Greencastle had the highest wind speeds recorded in the whole of Indiana (at time of typing). 81mph. We were sitting there watching a DVD when suddenly the house started creaking and groaning, the windows started to make cracking sounds and the noise, oh my flippin' gawds, scary. I thought the roof was lifting off. Add to that hail, torrential rain and thunderstorms too, ick.

All I could think was how the hell am I going to herd 7 cats into the basement in 2 cat carriers...:P

Platy has just gone to check that his Mom's place still has a roof and says the town looks bad; siding off houses, shingles strewn everywhere, store signs gone etc etc Plus the temps went from 55f to 29f in about 30 minutes and now it is sleeting and starting to snow!

Oh and a tornado was reported 12 miles north of Indy too. :(:wacko:

OMG Mags , that is exactly what Robin and I feel right now about the wind..just can't find the right words to describe right away. As if someone raising hell outside ! My 2 cats run back and forth like crazy. I dunno ' why, must be the sound.

And yes I'm with you, I am never going to get used to the weather here... :no::(

Stay safe and sound Mag ( Platy and your son) along with your 7 cats.

I just look at the backyard and it look scary like that movie in sleepy hollow..I have to get inside quick coz it looks like a head - less man in the woods riding horse running and ready to get me..ahhhhh!!!!! :help:

my imagination... :D

Edited by LuzyC

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Timeline
i saw the 4 riders of the Apocalypse in the park

That's hilarious. :lol:

Platy and I just went for a quick tour of the neighbourhood and it seems as if the 81mph gust came right up our street. Huge ree branches everywhere and now the local council workers are out removing them. Then we stopped and tried to see our roof and I think I froze to the spot, the winds are still really high here and COLD.

Luz ~ I think the worst is over now. Thanks for the good wishes. :luv:

Edited by Mags

East Central Illinois - sounds like east & west from us, from what you all post! I think we had all forms of precipitation today. The wind is still howling like a banshee. I had to brace myself walking back from work in the evening....

Stay warm folks!

Removal of Conditions - Nebraska Service Center

2/23/07 I-751 Notice date

3/23/07 NOA received (typo in name)

3/29/07 Biometric appointment received. Requested rescheduling

4/05/07 Second biometrics appointment received

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/19/07 Case status updated

2/23/08 Petition Congressman - no additional info.

3/03/08 Infopass in Chicago (12-mo extension)

3/19/08 Petition Senator's office

4/01/08 Case transferred - to an unspecified "USCIS office" (e-mail)

4/12/08 Letter - transferred to CSC on 3/27/2008. (typo in name)

4/22/08 Current Status: Card production ordered

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

4/26/08 Card arrives (with typo in name)

4/28/08 Card sent back via registered post (mistake to use Reg Post!)

5/05/08 Package delivered at Laguna Niguel, CA

10/02/08 Corrected 10-yr card issued

I-485

03/10/05 AOS interview in Chicago. Conditional PR (2-yr).

03/17/05 CPR card arrives in the mail

AOS thru Chicago DO (from non-immigrant visa category)

7/08/04 Mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765

7/20/04 Fingerprints/biometrics completed.

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oh and a tornado was reported 12 miles north of Indy too. :(

sounds like typical kansas weather to me :huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Rain here all morning ill after noon starting to clear up now light wind.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM