Pinocchio Liberal

State of the Union

83 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hey. We still hate Ronald Reagan. FYI.

Reagan is still pretty controversial outside the US, and there's no shortage of criticism of Maggie Thatcher.

The Dems hate him. He was a great pres. He never promised shite. He put it on us, and we followed through. Thats what makes us a grand country. How can follower's ever "LEAD"? Seems that Dems have a prepencity to follow like always. This I can never understand.

That's exactly what everyone is saying about Obama: he asks people to take their government back. Pay a little attention.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reagan is still pretty controversial outside the US, and there's no shortage of criticism of Maggie Thatcher.

The Dems hate him. He was a great pres. He never promised shite. He put it on us, and we followed through. Thats what makes us a grand country. How can follower's ever "LEAD"? Seems that Dems have a prepencity to follow like always. This I can never understand.

That's exactly what everyone is saying about Obama: he asks people to take their government back. Pay a little attention.

Little girl,It's a gimmick! Follow what you may. Your hearin the same old bullshite in a different voice. That's all! As you grow older, you will realize it.For now have fun. Hope? Don't count on it. PLEASE! It just brings dissappointment like always as you know. The sooner you realize it, the better off you'll be.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Little girl,It's a gimmick! Follow what you may. Your hearin the same old bullshite in a different voice. That's all! As you grow older, you will realize it.For now have fun. Hope? Don't count on it. PLEASE! It just brings dissappointment like always as you know. The sooner you realize it, the better off you'll be.

Bit early to tell though don't you think?

I wonder if some folks thought the same about Reagan before he got elected... No way to tell really is there...

I wonder if some folks thought the same about Reagan before he got elected... No way to tell really is there...

It just seems so obvious and the young ppl are eatin it up. Geez the shots of Obama suckin-up to Teddy were so obvious. Nothins changin! The boy is already aquiring political debt.He aint changin, he's becoming one of them!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

It just seems so obvious and the young ppl are eatin it up. Geez the shots of Obama suckin-up to Teddy were so obvious. Nothins changin! The boy is already aquiring political debt.He aint changin, he's becoming one of them!

Probably. But people have a right to expect some sort of political change don't they? They might not get it... but what alternative are you suggesting - not to vote at all?

Probably. But people have a right to expect some sort of political change don't they? They might not get it... but what alternative are you suggesting - not to vote at all?

I personally listen to all of them. When obsessed with one and BLIND to the other's is when the comedy starts.The inability to see through the bull is what get's my goat. A candidate that preaches, and free's us all from making all of us feel guilty for being sucessful is the hero.Not the tool that comes forward to say we are responsible for the worlds pain and agony. I aint guilty of nothin, but wanting to take care of myself and my loved ones.

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well before Reagan was elected he inspired people to believe in themselves and believe in their country. Then he delivered it.

I remember all the Carter years, he was supposed to be a change too. And he was! We went from being disillusioned with our country's leadership, to being broke, unable to afford a home because of the interest rates, a laughing stock of a gutless paper tiger that ignited the Islamo-extremists to begin with and still being disillusioned with our country's leadership.

And it is funny how things may repeat themselves again with the Dem's. After all they only celebrate and promote failure.

Edited by Don_Joy's Prince

My beloved Joy is here, married and pregnant!

Baby due March 28, 2009

Well before Reagan was elected inspired people to believe in themselves and believe in their country. Then he delivered it.

I remember all the Carter years, he was supposed to be a change too. And he was! We went from being disillusioned with our country's leadership, to being broke, unable to afford a home because of the interest rates, a laughing stock of a gutless paper tiger that ignited the Islamo-extremists to begin with and still being disillusioned with our country's leadership.

And it is funny how things may repeat themselves again with the Dem's. After all they only celebrate and promote failure.

Someday they will get it :thumbs:

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well frankly I think this president will be favored as much as Ronal Reagan, after time passes.

If Iraq turns into a prosperous shining beacon of democracy arab-shtyle, I can see how.

People will still remember how poorly the war was run, and that Iraq didn't improve until we left (assuming we'll leave if a Dem gets into office). I don't think in the long run Bush would be associated with that democratic Iraq.

I disagree. It will always be Bush's war.

Continuing on the GWB vs Reagan comparison... GWB never achieved anything close to this:

reagan1984ch1.jpg

Not even close.

Ah, yes Troll that was the first time I was able to vote. On Feb. 5th, 1984 I turned 18, I registered for the draft, registered to vote and in November cast my first vote to Ronald Reagan.

Oh and by the way Number 6 if this world had a few more Maggie Thatcher's we would be a much better world then we are now.

Do you remember the absolute economic disaster your country was when she first came to power? Do You Remember?

My beloved Joy is here, married and pregnant!

Baby due March 28, 2009

Timeline
Well frankly I think this president will be favored as much as Ronal Reagan, after time passes.

If Iraq turns into a prosperous shining beacon of democracy arab-shtyle, I can see how.

People will still remember how poorly the war was run, and that Iraq didn't improve until we left (assuming we'll leave if a Dem gets into office). I don't think in the long run Bush would be associated with that democratic Iraq.

I disagree. It will always be Bush's war.

Continuing on the GWB vs Reagan comparison... GWB never achieved anything close to this:

reagan1984ch1.jpg

Not even close.

Ah, yes Troll that was the first time I was able to vote. On Feb. 5th, 1984 I turned 18, I registered for the draft, registered to vote and in November cast my first vote to Ronald Reagan.

Oh and by the way Number 6 if this world had a few more Maggie Thatcher's we would be a much better world then we are now.

Do you remember the absolute economic disaster your country was when she first came to power? Do You Remember?

That's rather easy to say, isn't it. When you didn't live through it...

People are disillusioned with the current lot.

Aren't they?

In a word, yes. At least I am. That is why I love seeing 20% approval ratings for congress. While everyone pays attention to who is running for president we should be giving at least the same attention to who is running for congress. I said it before and I say it again. Throw all the bums out and start over. I guess that is why I don't want any "old timer" from Washington to win. Give the new guys a chance. They couldn't do any worse that is for sure.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Barrack, is a little boy comin to a man's party. He aint changin squat and everybody knows it.But then again, Dems dreams are made of false hopes and promises. They suck them up like an icecream sundae. So ridiculous!

All Democrats can hope is to dream that one day they'll wake up and realize that truth rides on a horse named, Republican. Democrats...they're such dumb dumbs.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Timeline

Aren't they?

In a word, yes. At least I am. That is why I love seeing 20% approval ratings for congress. While everyone pays attention to who is running for president we should be giving at least the same attention to who is running for congress. I said it before and I say it again. Throw all the bums out and start over. I guess that is why I don't want any "old timer" from Washington to win. Give the new guys a chance. They couldn't do any worse that is for sure.

Agreed. As far as that goes - I'd rather see an unknown quantity like Obama get in, rather than Mrs Clinton.

But yes, Congress is equally important.

Edited by Number 6

Aren't they?

Especially when your inspired by someone that promises the world that doesnt hold title to it. Obama teaches dependence.That in itself should be a warning. Sorry Barrack, I will tuck in my kids when their eyes close. I certainly do see through him, hope ppl come around soon. The dems are so so desperate for a "WIN" I really hate to see them get dissappointed again.

― Andrew Wilkow