lovedolphins

Major RFE Received

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

The letter I was waiting for finally arrived from USCIS.

Was really hoping it was a 10-year extension of the Green Card. Instead, it was a major RFE, requesting the following:

• Your Federal Tax Return transcripts, as printed by the I.R.S. for the last two years

• Actual bank statements for the past twelve months, indicating you and your spouse as joint account holders. Each statement must show the account balance and transaction history.

• Health insurance claim statements indicating you and your spouse as co-dependants

• Utility bills

• Property warranty and mortgage deeds of your current residence indicating they were recorded not just notarized with your local or state government

• Mortgage loan statements and property tax documents of your current residence

We must submit all documents as requested within 12 weeks of the date of this letter, or our application will be considered abandoned.

Is this bad? We have to now contact the IRS, go down to the Deeds Office, contact the bank, etc.

And, we submitted A LOT of information in our original package. This is devastating.

What exactly did you submit, then, if not those documents????? :blink:

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Timeline
Hi all,

Was really hoping it was a 10-year extension of the Green Card. Instead, it was a major RFE, requesting the following:

• Your Federal Tax Return transcripts, as printed by the I.R.S. for the last two years

• Actual bank statements for the past twelve months, indicating you and your spouse as joint account holders. Each statement must show the account balance and transaction history.

• Health insurance claim statements indicating you and your spouse as co-dependants

• Utility bills

• Property warranty and mortgage deeds of your current residence indicating they were recorded not just notarized with your local or state government

We must submit all documents as requested within 12 weeks of the date of this letter, or our application will be considered abandoned.

Is this bad? We have to now contact the IRS, go down to the Deeds Office, contact the bank, etc.

And, we submitted A LOT of information in our original package. This is devastating.

If your timeline is correct, your application to remove conditions is nearing 12 months. I'd simply look at this is a way to potentially speed up the process. Chances are if you can supply the documentation they are looking for (for the last 12 month period, principally, it seems) then it might mean the application will be approved without an interview.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Well, although it is a bit of a shock, at least you know that they haven't lost your application. Getting the tax transcripts is easy to do - you can even order them over the phone. Do they specifically ask for ALL of that to be submitted or does it just request extra evidence which MAY include ....... blah blah?

I know someone else who has posted recently got approved almost immediately they sent in the RFE stuff, so this could be good. Chin up!

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

The OP's timeline shows that they filed for Removal of Conditions almost a year ago in Feb. 07. It could be that, even though they submitted some of the same stuff originally, a USCIS adjudicator just got to work on the case and issued an RFE for additional information to 'update' the filing as its been almost a year since the original petition was submitted.

OP, I wouldn't stress too much at this point. Call the IRS, request your tax transcripts and gather the other evidence requested and submit it ASAP. Maybe once you do send the additional evidence they'll approve your removal of conditions without an interview. :)

good luck,

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What exactly did you submit, then, if not those documents????? :blink:

That was my thought exactly. What else is left if not those?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have to say something:

You guys are the best!

I am in tears, and really appreciate the support of VJ.

Thank you...

Now to answer some of your questions:

This is the evidence we originally submitted:

- joint bank statements (with balances "blacked out" for privacy)

- joint life insurance

- lots of photos

- letters from family

- investments showing my husband as beneficiary

- other stuff I can't recall as I am so upset.

Timeline

There has been at least one post here on "Removing Conditions on Residency General Discussion" stating that a "smattering" of evidence for certain time periods should be sufficient and that there is no need to send bank statements for every month. It seems to me that what the RFE is asking you to provide is a bit more than a "smattering" of evidence, e.g. *every* bank statement for the past 12 months! The moral of this story, I believe, is to not take a chance sending a "smattering" of information and to initially send as much relevant information as possible to buttress your case ... to decrease the probability of getting an RFE. If you're interested in avoiding RFEs and time delays, and who here is not, initially send them as much relevant information as you can.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think they are requiring all that because not enough evidence was originally sent in.

We lift conditions later this year and I'm only sending in one bank statement per quarter, plus a whole lot of other things.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Actual bank statements for the past twelve months, indicating you and your spouse as joint account holders. Each statement must show the account balance and transaction history.

Looks like they weren't too happy with the blacked-out balances and want to see the originals.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Hi all,

• Utility bills

For some reason, the initial evidence you submitted is not now convincing enough. I think they issued this RFE for one of two reasons, your initial evidence submission did not convince them of the 'ongoing'-ness of your marriage.....or simply that they want updated information, given that some time has passed since you submitted your petition.

It may take a little time, but what they're requesting can be obtained. Hopefully you'll get this submitted and have your 10yr greencard in hand soon!

Good luck,

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline
But who would guess that they would require 12 months bank statements?

And, isn't your bank balances confidential information?

Anyway, we are moving on it right away..

Well, I'll tell you this: based upon what they are asking of you in the RFE, others reading this forum submitting information will not likely be giving them a "smattering" of bank statements anymore, if they can help it. Why wait for possible RFEs? Accumulate a lot of information in regard to the categories of information they ask for including each and every monthly bill, account statement, etc. And, no, bank statements aren't confidential when it comes to USCIS.

I do wish you the best of luck and I'm sure you'll be fine. I think all of us may have learned a lesson from your experience.

But who would guess that they would require 12 months bank statements?

And, isn't your bank balances confidential information?

Anyway, we are moving on it right away...

I don't think anything is considered off-limits to immigration... they could pretty much ask for anything and we would be required to send it :angry: sad but true

Good luck to you... and I agree with the above, keep your head up, gather the info and hopefully your app will be approved shortly after they receive everything.

Sept 10, 2001... Arrived in US (J1)

Sept 2002... AOS (J1 to F1)

March 2003...AOS Approved

May 2003... Flew to SA. Reapplied for F1. RFE and Finally Approved. 2 year F1 visa in Passport.

Jan 21 2004... Married in Chicago

Aug 2004... Applied for AOS, Petition for spouse and EAD

Feb 2005... Joshua, our little cutie pie is born on SuperBowl Sunday

May 2005... EAD Approved

Dec 17 2005... AOS & Petition approved (2 year green-card received)

Aug 4 2007... Mailed in I-751 = $275 (remove conditions)

Aug 31 2007... Everything returned, filed too early, wrong fee

Sept 17 2007 Refiled to NSC

Sept 18 2007... Delivered by DHL to NSC

Oct 10 2007... Received at CSC

Oct 15 2007... Check cashed, transfered to CSC

Oct 15 2007... Received 1st notice with application number and 1 year extension. Notice Dated 9/19/07

Nov 1 2007... tried walk-in biometrics, refused

Nov 8 2007...Biometrics completed. Staff at Naperville ASC were great!

Nov 9 2007... Last touch

March 7 2008... Card production ordered!!!!!!!! 5 months, 2 weeks and 5 days

March 12 2008... Case Status: Approval notice sent

March 15 2008...Green card received in mail...so done with USCIS done for a few years!!!!!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.