doodlebugg

Administrative Processing Hell and Marriage

43 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
This journey not only strengthend us as a couple, it strengthened me as a person.

Getting divorced with a 1 and 2 year old strenghtened me as a person. This journey is gonna send me over a frikkin' cliff!!!!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
This journey not only strengthend us as a couple, it strengthened me as a person.

Getting divorced with a 1 and 2 year old strenghtened me as a person. This journey is gonna send me over a frikkin' cliff!!!!

:lol:

It does kinda make you nuts :blush:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Timeline

Its making me nuts .... were back waiting :crying:

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We didn't go through the AP but rather a returned petition, so I think that would qualify since it was an additional 15 months after his interview.

Our marriage was strong before, so that didn't change. We did have fights, and we are both extremely bull headed, so long distance was interesting to say the least. I even went through a bout of time that I suspect I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. The entire process was hell.

One thing it did do, and given time you will feel the same, it has given us a bigger appreciation of each other. The little things. Simple things like a hug when I get home from work and hearing him snore. His laugh, his smile. I have a much bigger appreciation for all of this that I am sure I would have taken for granted if we hadn't gone through this.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

he went to the consulate, they told him to mail it by dhl with a note explaining the problem and it should take about 10 plus or so days days to process....

back to the waiting :(

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bridget, its Tammy

How are you doing? Yes, your question is a profound one in that in a marriage where there are little flaws, this process can destroy it to the fullest extent, but if the marriage is really about love and trust and wishing to spend life with the one, it strengthens marriage and brings out what is really the important thing. Not letting go when times get rough and enstilling Iman/faith.

Insha-Allah we will get visas in hand.

Our experiences have taught us more than we could have imagined, and indeed, our marriages will never be like the ordinary kind, we know more that we would ever have without this experience.

I keep my prayers.

I wish in Allah's timing, we may reunite and our husbands may join us.

Tammy

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Timeline
Hey Bridget, its Tammy

How are you doing? Yes, your question is a profound one in that in a marriage where there are little flaws, this process can destroy it to the fullest extent, but if the marriage is really about love and trust and wishing to spend life with the one, it strengthens marriage and brings out what is really the important thing. Not letting go when times get rough and enstilling Iman/faith.

Insha-Allah we will get visas in hand.

Our experiences have taught us more than we could have imagined, and indeed, our marriages will never be like the ordinary kind, we know more that we would ever have without this experience.

I keep my prayers.

I wish in Allah's timing, we may reunite and our husbands may join us.

Tammy

Thank you Tammy you have given me a lot of strength through your pm's during my pms. lol

You're so funny, bridget !!! :lol:

You deserve a giant flower for your sense of humor !!

flowers004.jpg

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't know what it's like to wait this long Bridget. I can only imagine it is hell, as the 3 month wait we had was difficult. Not difficult in terms of our relationship but trying to plan without planning and hoping each day we would hear something, only to be disappointed. When Usama finally gets the visa you are going to faint, I'm sure. And despite the difficult times that most couples go through with adjusting to each other and culture differences, I think you will appreciate the things that would otherwise annoy you (see M4E's post).

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

the last time i saw my husband were 8\2005 and he still now on AP FOR MORE 9 MONTHES WITH NO NEW LITTLE WHEN we fight but the long time of waitng make us feel bored but we still love each other and still dont know when this AP WILL be over , monnik YES i have to tell u nothing in our husband hand because is the husband send mellion email to the embassy they dont care but one hard from us mybe will make diffrent , i wish to see my husband soon because it had been long time since we got married at 2005 , i think im the only who married 2005 with medo &cheryl wish she get her visa soon

Timeline
the last time i saw my husband were 8\2005 and he still now on AP FOR MORE 9 MONTHES WITH NO NEW LITTLE WHEN we fight but the long time of waitng make us feel bored but we still love each other and still dont know when this AP WILL be over , monnik YES i have to tell u nothing in our husband hand because is the husband send mellion email to the embassy they dont care but one hard from us mybe will make diffrent , i wish to see my husband soon because it had been long time since we got married at 2005 , i think im the only who married 2005 with medo &cheryl wish she get her visa soon

oh my God you haven't even gone to visit him for that long? :blink::blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

yes i have hard work with no any rest or holllyday , and no one i can trust her can take care of my work until i comeback , the only one i could trust was my young sis but she gone last monthe so now , our only hope in see each other after this long year is the visa , wish they could make any step with our case , home visite , asking for more paper , another intrview , any thing make me feel they r think of my case

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.