29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey Layla,

Check out my pics riding the camel in Morocco!!! here's the link:

http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=4725114598...c=SYE/otsi=SALB

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Rahma great idea.

I live in the boondacks so to speak no arabs or muslims around.

if anyone has a great online web site to order arab coffee from

I'll sure appreciate it!! almost running out and my husband needs

his morning coffee!!

Hey Angel

IMO, the best coffee from Jordan is Al-Ameed. You can buy it online here, it is excellent. I'm sure you hunny will be happy!

They sell it for $26 a kilo which in Jordan is very expensive but breaks down to about $10.50 lb which is he same price I pay for it here when I can find some (very very rare).

Sometimes my hunny will send me a care package with coffee in it. :luv:

By the way...if you order using paypal, you will see a message that tells non-us customers to go a differnt page, ignore it, you can still order it on paypal.

Edited by jordanianprincess

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wadi has been really happy since we FINALLY got a home computer with internet. We subscribed to 2M Maroc, so he can watch it anytime now. I think it makes him feel a lot more connected to home.

Filed: Timeline
Hey Layla,

Check out my pics riding the camel in Morocco!!! here's the link:

http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=4725114598...c=SYE/otsi=SALB

Great pics! :thumbs:

I was too chicken to ride a camel in Cairo :blush: I just stuck with what I knew and road a horse. The camel just seemed a little too high for me. I want one for a pet not to ride :luv: Maybe if I had one I would eventually work up the nerve to try it.

Wadi has been really happy since we FINALLY got a home computer with internet. We subscribed to 2M Maroc, so he can watch it anytime now. I think it makes him feel a lot more connected to home.

OMG, but I have to say, sometimes I get so sick of listening to 2M!!!! I know it makes him really happy, but sometimes they're playing this awful music :P Oh well. When I can't take it any more I just leave the room!

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

OMG, but I have to say, sometimes I get so sick of listening to 2M!!!! I know it makes him really happy, but sometimes they're playing this awful music :P Oh well. When I can't take it any more I just leave the room!

:lol:

We live in a studio! I can't leave the room!

I often make him put on headphones :P

Edited by jenn3539

:lol:

We live in a studio! I can't leave the room!

I often make him put on headphones :P

And that's why we live in crappy Waltham instead of somewhere closer to Boston :lol: I couldn't stand the thought of not being able to escape!

Does Wadi watch this show they have on late at night, it's a sit-com about this family made up of two parents and two teenager-ish kids, plus there's this other son from the father's first marriage who looks like he's about 45 years old and he's always causing problems and getting chased around by everyone else? Majid is always waking me up because he's laughing so hard. Of course, when he tries to explain why it's so funny to me, I never get it. Sense of humor really doesn't translate very well.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Does Wadi watch this show they have on late at night, it's a sit-com about this family made up of two parents and two teenager-ish kids, plus there's this other son from the father's first marriage who looks like he's about 45 years old and he's always causing problems and getting chased around by everyone else? Majid is always waking me up because he's laughing so hard. Of course, when he tries to explain why it's so funny to me, I never get it. Sense of humor really doesn't translate very well.

Do you have satellite with Arabic TV?? I'm going to have to get one of those once Ahmed is here! But I just don't want to have the Arabic version of MTV on all the time. I like the music, but I don't sit and watch MTV here anymore :lol: .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Do you have satellite with Arabic TV?? I'm going to have to get one of those once Ahmed is here! But I just don't want to have the Arabic version of MTV on all the time. I like the music, but I don't sit and watch MTV here anymore :lol: .

LOOOOOOOL...I do that now :lol::lol::lol::lol: ( the arabic one, i think its melody)

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

We're going to switch to Dish Network as soon as I finish my finals and have time. We can get the complete sports package on there for what we're paying now on Direct TV with no sports, and for $1 a month he can get some French radio station that he loves. Once he is working we can add an Arabic package - they have 3 or 4 to choose from.

Abdel already listens to Medi1 whenever we're at our computers, but I don't mind the Arabic music. I listen to it at work on my CD player when he isn't even around! It reminds me of Morocco so I love it.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

thanks everyone for the suggestions about coffee sites Noura and Catherine thanks for offering to send me coffee. That was very kind of you two :luv: . I ordered from this place called dayna's market out of michigan. I'll see how there products are and give a review. :star:

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok, got a review. We received our pins yesterday, so it took a little longer than advertised for shipping. But, the finished products were a-ok. For $11, including shipping, we got two small us/egyptian flag pins. They appear to be pretty high quality. My husband plans on wearing it on his dress shirts on occasion. We also got a small fabric flag. The fabric is kinda silky and looks well constructed. We also got a plastic key chain with the Egyptian flag in it, that also looks well made. All in all, a good purchase and husband was quite please with it :thumbs:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.