tawney

Well.... (Again)

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone...

Unfortunately it looks as if my thread that was started yesterday right before the problems with the website happened, was lost... It is not on the old forums area... :( Anyway, I could see yesterday that people had replied to it, but I could not open the replies... So I want to appologize to all those that did reply to my post yesterday because I never got to read what you said to me... But thank you so much for your replies anyway... :goofy:

Now to re-type my post...

We finally have a date set for our final interview... UUUGGGHHHH!!!!! :protest: Unfortunately it is still 2 months away from now... The interview is scheduled for March 29th... I seriously thought by what I was told at the beggining of this process (while at the consulate in Toronto) that it should have been done at least by the end of this month... We have been planning for our move & we're even 1/2 way packed... They told us when we first filed that the expected processing time was 2-3 months total & that was Mid November... And then they told us to figure closer to the 2 month mark (2 months was up almost 2 weeks ago)... UUUGGGGHHHH!!! And to find out we still have 2 months left to wait.... :clock::crying:

We have not actually recieved the letter from Montreal (with the date) yet, but I was told the date when I called... I am trying to not get to upset by the extra wait... It just sucks!!! I think that the thing that is bothering me the very worst is the fact that I had planned a huge B-day party for our daughters 1st birthday (it was to be in Utah with all of my family)... It took us over 14 yrs to have our daughter (infertility & many many misscarraiges) & I am so sad because my family is missing out on her life... They haven't seen her since she was about 3 & 1/2 months old... My husbands family is just not close at all... He has 1 brother who has seen her once & 2 sisters who have never met her & don't care too... There really isn't anyone here in Canada to even invite to her birthday... It's so sad... :crying: And I feel pathetic for letting this little setback of two extra months bother me... After all - it is still so much faster than doing it all without DCF...

I think I'll get off my sad little soapbox for now... At least we have a date now & can move ahead with our actual moving plans...

Hugs

Tanya :luv:

Heres a picture of our daughter ---

10005169zj.jpg

Hey look on the bright side...you have a wonderful immediate family that includes a precious baby. Congrats on getting closer to the big move, and celebrate her birthday a month or two later. Have two celebrations! Now that's fun.

I love my job.

She is so beautiful ...... ah...............

Our Timeline

01/03/2006 Sent Via express mail.

01/05/2006 Received and signend by P. Novak.

01/11/2006 Still waiting.... I check everyday.

01/12/2006 Check Cashed.....

01/13/2006 Noa received on 01/13/06 Friday the 13th Ooooohhhhh.

01/27/2006 Touched.

02/10/2006 Aproved NOA 2

02/13/2006 Noa 2 emailed ..... So happy

02/15/2006 Called NVC Received new case #

02/16/2006 Received NOA 2 Snail mail.

02/17/2006 Sent to the consulate

05/10/2006 Still waiting for interview sucks

05/19/2006 Going to see my honey !!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

What a cutie :D

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well at least make plans a little later. At least you have a date to count down too. And both pics are precious.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Hi tanya,

good to hear about the interview date any idea when they would be sending a letter confirming the same..

Hey i can show up for your daughters bday and can also bring some friends here in Mississauga... hoz tht?? jus kiddin.. u.. hv good 1

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.