Drew and Tik

Really good news and some questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I got an e-mail saying our application was approved (NOA2 I'm guessing, awesome). While this is great news, I'm going to be in Thailand for three weeks starting Sunday...so my questions:

1. Is there anything so pressing in the NOA2 instructions that I absolutely can't wait three weeks after I receive the letter to do it? If so is there anything I can do about it while I'm in Thailand? Should I call someone? If the NVC letter is sent out will I get a copy in the US and will this have things that must be dealt with in less than three weeks?

2. A side question, I now can't log into my USCIS account, says my password is invalid or that it's locked because of too many wrong passwords. Is this something I should be concerned about or just wait until later and try again?

I can have my roommates open the NOA2 and NVC letters if they come and scan them to send to me if I need to, but I won't be back in the states until February 19th. Please let me know if this is a big problem.

Thank you!

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

-Harry Burns

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Congrats!!!

I'm assuming ur on ur way to meet ur fiancee...from ur end u need to do the I 134 with the supporting documents if u have time before u leave. That way u can take it with u rather than mailing it later. It's not really needed until the interview, but I don't know how Thailand is in giving interview dates. VSC is usually quick about forwarding applications to nvc which is also relatively quick.

Otherwise, there is not much else to do as the petitioner. No need to have the noa2 or nvc letter scanned. Just don't lose the noa2 as u'llneed it later for AOS. Have a good trip!

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Congratulations and have a wonderful, safe trip!! :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks everyone..while you're right it would be convenient to take it with me rather than mailing it, I really don't mind mailing it since I'll have to mail a lot anyway. The thing I'm worried about is the letter from my job stating my salary and all that, I have a friend that got a K1 and he said it took like a month...hope I can get it faster than that!

Edited by Drew and Tik

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

-Harry Burns

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations and enjoy. :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.