buckleya

I-134 Complications!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys, I've got a dilemma. I'm hoping you pro's can bail me out! Me and my fiancee (Russian) are currently in Russia with the interview slated for Feb 11, this year.

So here is the problem:

I am former US. Military and just got honorably discharged last December, so I have no job at the moment (just about 5k saved). My mother, has filled out the I-134 and got the bank note and all that, account information etc. (She is making 6 figures a year, so there shouldn't be a problem with this.) I have all the documents that are needed with me now.

My question to you all is, what paperwork do I need to do? I read on this site that I also have to fill out the I-134, thats fine but how do I get a letter from my bank, with the information when it was opened, how much deposited etc??? My bank is in California, it just doesn't work out.

If it helps any, I have all my W2, 1040's, and Leave and Earning Statement's LES's.

Does anybody have any suggestions or advice? I have about 2 weeks before it's interview time.

Thanks in Advance,

Anthony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

My husband and me didn't have a real statement from the bank either but we printed out monthly statements from his bank account (dating back 3 or 4 months), showing a monthly summary, deposits and regular monthly payments like rent etc.

You will have to fill out a I-134, even if your mother co-sponsors and fulfills all requirements. You, as the to-be-spouse will be the main sponsor. Bring those last tax returns, pay stubs/earning statements, proof of any assets you have, or if you own a house, a car etc, that could help as well. Other than that, make sure you explain you just got out of the military and that you plan on being employed soon. With your mother on your side you should be fine then.

View my Timeline

R.I.P. Diana

1982 - 2008

My husband and me didn't have a real statement from the bank either but we printed out monthly statements from his bank account (dating back 3 or 4 months), showing a monthly summary, deposits and regular monthly payments like rent etc.

You will have to fill out a I-134, even if your mother co-sponsors and fulfills all requirements. You, as the to-be-spouse will be the main sponsor. Bring those last tax returns, pay stubs/earning statements, proof of any assets you have, or if you own a house, a car etc, that could help as well. Other than that, make sure you explain you just got out of the military and that you plan on being employed soon. With your mother on your side you should be fine then.

Thanks Liebi for the response!

Does anyone know if there is an example form, for the I-134 that I can look at? Since my mother is supporting my fiance and has the required for funds, how do I go about filling my I-134 out? Is it ok to put zero income etc... stuff like that?

Also on other sites, I've read it's not necessary for me to fill out a I134 if I don't meet the sponsor requirments, is that true?

Thanks alot.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

As the primary sponsor you need to fill out an I-134.

Example form: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Thanks for the reply, I'm still utterly lost when it comes to these questions....

Can you help me out with these questions regarding the form.

#7 - I am employed as or in the business of _____

I put Unemployed , and left the rest blank. Is that ok?

I derive an annual income of?

Since unemployed, put 0.00?

Personal Property?

Can this be all possessions I own? Do I have to prove this?

Life Insurance?

I just seperated from the US Navy , they gave me insurance...I don't believe I have this now. So should I put None there?

#8 - Since my mother is the Co-Sponsor, that would make my Fiancee "Partially Dependant" right???

#11- What contributions should I put down, since my mother is sponsering my fiancee?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for the reply, I'm still utterly lost when it comes to these questions....

Can you help me out with these questions regarding the form.

#7 - I am employed as or in the business of _____

I put Unemployed , and left the rest blank. Is that ok?

I derive an annual income of?

Since unemployed, put 0.00?

Personal Property?

Can this be all possessions I own? Do I have to prove this?

Life Insurance?

I just seperated from the US Navy , they gave me insurance...I don't believe I have this now. So should I put None there?

#8 - Since my mother is the Co-Sponsor, that would make my Fiancee "Partially Dependant" right???

#11- What contributions should I put down, since my mother is sponsering my fiancee?

Since your co-sponsor's income is sufficient, on your own I-134, you may skip all the asset related questions. Your fiance is your dependant, not your partial dependant. Even though you have no income, you are the primary sponsor. Because you are using the affidavit for a fiance or spouse, you and your mother may actually check "no" on number 11 unless your mother actually does plan to make specific contributions. The form is used for other visa categories where this question is more applicable.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Buckleya,

I wasn't in the same boat referring to the unemployed situation, so I can only give you my opinion, not my experience on it...

I think it is ok when you put unemployed and zero annual income in - you have your mother's I-134 that proves there is sufficient support available. I would also attach a separate sheet of paper explaining that you just got discharged from the Navy and what you plan on doing once you get back to the US.

Yes, when they ask for personal property you can put in everything you own (like house, appartment, car, super expensive technical equipment, any kind of private insurance for retirement, stuff like that). We did not have to submit proof for that. But then again my husband (sponsor) earned well over the poverty line.

If you don't have life insurance, don't claim you do.

If applying for K1 you don't have to put contributions down. Leave it blank. Or, if you wish, just put something in like' intend to marry upon visa approval and US entry'.

Question 8 and your mom - I believe she would have to put names of people in that are currently depending on her, like minor children etc. Don't think your fiancèes name should be put in there at all. She's not a dependant yet, right?

We left it blank.

Have you checked out the example I-134 form here on VJ?

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

View my Timeline

R.I.P. Diana

1982 - 2008

Filed: Other Timeline

Just a little FYI...

There really is no such thing as 'joint' or 'co' sponsorship with the I134.

In cases where the beneficiaries petitioner cannot 'stand alone' with their own affidavit of support, some consulates will still collect an I134 from the beneficiaries petitioner. But some consulates will only be interested in an I134 from a qualified sponsor.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.