reginaait

6 months for application to be accepte

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!

I recieved my noa1 on nov. 7 2007 ( I applied for it September 28). I have not recieved noa2 yet, ( which I did not expect). So out of curiosity today, I called the 1800 which is on the form. I got through to someone> I explained that i had not recieved noa2 and thought maybe she could give me an idea of when I might recieve it. She explained in March 2007 it would be six months and I would know then if was accepted or denied. I am assuming that have your case accepted means you recieved the NOA2.. Does anyone know.. Just ( as everyone else) trying to get an idea. I am going to Italy for the fourth time in 13 months, because I dont think we will have visa in hand until June or July.. Any help would be appeciated.

regina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think the USCIS had a flood of applications the end of July 2007 to avoid the increased filing fees that took place beginning August 2007. My I-129F got to USCIS and took from August 2, 2007 until January 11, 2008 to get approved (electronic notification) and I still don't have the paper in hand, so 6 months sounds about what it is going to take for me.

I called the USCIS to ask why it was taking so long to get the approval paper (hardcopy), since the email said that the approval had been mailed about two weeks ago. They said that they are allowed 30 days to deliver the approval. Since it only takes 3-4 days to mail something, it seems the USCIS did not actually mail anything yet, despite what the email said. They are just slowing things down a little more I suspect.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!

I recieved my noa1 on nov. 7 2007 ( I applied for it September 28). I have not recieved noa2 yet, ( which I did not expect). So out of curiosity today, I called the 1800 which is on the form. I got through to someone> I explained that i had not recieved noa2 and thought maybe she could give me an idea of when I might recieve it. She explained in March 2007 it would be six months and I would know then if was accepted or denied. I am assuming that have your case accepted means you recieved the NOA2.. Does anyone know.. Just ( as everyone else) trying to get an idea. I am going to Italy for the fourth time in 13 months, because I dont think we will have visa in hand until June or July.. Any help would be appeciated.

regina

That's very probable. Ours took 6 months from noa1 to noa2. You can keep an eye on it on the homeland securities website that lets you check for updates on your case. Your noa1 should give you his case number that you can look up on line. They have a thing for signing up to get email updates but it never did send me any updates, so best to keep checking it every once in a while. Other possibilities are that they ask for for information if your original application was missing something. I actually found out that we were approved for our noa2 a few weeks before it came in the mail because I had seen it online. Here is the link for checking your case status.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do

Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!

regina

That's very probable. Ours took 6 months from noa1 to noa2. You can keep an eye on it on the homeland securities website that lets you check for updates on your case. Your noa1 should give you his case number that you can look up on line. They have a thing for signing up to get email updates but it never did send me any updates, so best to keep checking it every once in a while. Other possibilities are that they ask for for information if your original application was missing something. I actually found out that we were approved for our noa2 a few weeks before it came in the mail because I had seen it online. Here is the link for checking your case status.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do

thanks.. congrats on your interview.. did you go to italy with your fiance for interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sooo what was the fee increase all about ? It has not speed up the process at all 6 months for an NOA2 is pittiful. I'm angry for you..

I hope things speed up. :thumbs: Good Luck

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Timeline
Sooo what was the fee increase all about ? It has not speed up the process at all 6 months for an NOA2 is pittiful. I'm angry for you..

thank you.. it is frustrating.. in actuality my process is going to take 9 months probaply.. alll the best to you!!!!!!

Timeline

you too are a cute couple.. all the best to you in your future..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!

regina

your application has been accepted when they send you the NOA1 notice. Then your petition goes into a box and waits its turn. it can be 6 months before they get to your petition, depending on how many are in front of you that filed in earlier months. Then once they get to your petition they will either approve it, ask you for more evidence( RFE) or send you a notice they are intending to deny it, to which you respond with whatever waiver they may be wanting.

Once you are approved at the service center your petition will be sent to the National Visa center. Once it gets there a background check will be done on the beneficiary. From there you are approved or investigated for months or denied and sent back to the service center. Once you are approved at the NVC they will ship your petition to the embassy where your beneficiary will have the interview. NVC does an FBI check on the beneficiary to make sure they arent terrorists or international criminals i guess. The more common the name your beneficiary has , the longer the check. The more unique the name, the easier to check.

the schedule for that can be 2 months to 6 months. Once at interview you are either approved , investigated more or denied. Once approved they will send the visa to your beneficiary. that takes a day to a month. once visa is in hand your beneficiary can come to meet you.

Having said all that, denials are rare. Most are approved, though the wait can be long. If you have your NOA1 then you are just starting the process. Usually it will take about 6 to 10 months from filing to united in your country with a visa unless you have some military expedite or something.

once in country with K visa in hand, you start the adjustment of status process which takes a couple years unless you are doing CR1.

Chris

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!

regina

your application has been accepted when they send you the NOA1 notice. Then your petition goes into a box and waits its turn. it can be 6 months before they get to your petition, depending on how many are in front of you that filed in earlier months. Then once they get to your petition they will either approve it, ask you for more evidence( RFE) or send you a notice they are intending to deny it, to which you respond with whatever waiver they may be wanting.

Once you are approved at the service center your petition will be sent to the National Visa center. Once it gets there a background check will be done on the beneficiary. From there you are approved or investigated for months or denied and sent back to the service center. Once you are approved at the NVC they will ship your petition to the embassy where your beneficiary will have the interview. NVC does an FBI check on the beneficiary to make sure they arent terrorists or international criminals i guess. The more common the name your beneficiary has , the longer the check. The more unique the name, the easier to check.

the schedule for that can be 2 months to 6 months. Once at interview you are either approved , investigated more or denied. Once approved they will send the visa to your beneficiary. that takes a day to a month. once visa is in hand your beneficiary can come to meet you.

Having said all that, denials are rare. Most are approved, though the wait can be long. If you have your NOA1 then you are just starting the process. Usually it will take about 6 to 10 months from filing to united in your country with a visa unless you have some military expedite or something.

once in country with K visa in hand, you start the adjustment of status process which takes a couple years unless you are doing CR1.

Chris

Chris

thanks Chris

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you.... the same with with you too. I hope things go at the speed of lighting for you :yes:

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Timeline

Thank you.... the same with with you too. I hope things go at the speed of lighting for you :yes:

thanks again and the best for your new life in america!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.