Electric_kitty

Letter certifying intent to marry.

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

oh should my fiancee also take one to her interview? i mean 1 from em and 1 from her ?

if so do yo uguys think it would be ok for us both t ouse that same letter ?

i also want to say thanks for all the help this website and the ppl on it have been a very nice help for me and my fiancee. sad to say mor ehelp then my lawyer.

Edited by Electric_kitty

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
oh should my fiancee also take one to her interview? i mean 1 from em and 1 from her ?

if so do yo uguys think it would be ok for us both t ouse that same letter ?

i also want to say thanks for all the help this website and the ppl on it have been a very nice help for me and my fiancee. sad to say mor ehelp then my lawyer.

Dont mean to sound mean but usually lawyers are a rip off.

Yes she should take one to her interview just incase,I had a copy of both at my Interview.

Yes its fine to use the same letter,we did it and no RFE and nothing.

Just make sure she sends you an original signed letter (she should not fax it or anything like that)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Forget lawyers....

We made it from K1 to the green card without even looking at one.

We also used the "intent to marry" letter here on VJ for the I-129F and for the consulate interview.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Timeline

yeah i will never get a layer to do this stuff agian. i actualy did most of the papers. i am the usc and my fiancee is in peru i know i need to fill out the timeline. just been so busy with geting the papers ready to send to her for her interview. i am sending

2 ds-156 filed out with barcode

1 ds-156k

i-134 with last years paycheck stubs and 2006 tax return with letter from employer copy of brith cert. my income 21,000

i-184 for co sponsor attached last 3 years of tax returns, last 5 pay check stubs copy of birth cert. co sponsor income 40,000

a letter of intent

we have around like 500 photos for her to take to interview. an alot of yahoo conversations, plus phone card records , also i sent her a vonage phone( reciepts from customs there saying she recieved the phone) and alot of those phone records. plus tons of emails reciept of ring, copies of 2 trips to peru plane tickets, copy of passport stamps. mail reciepts from me sending her gifts and flowers, alot of ou pics are with her wole family,

about the pics the first trip we dd not even know about keeping pics so all the pics show true to life moments and not looking for pictures, from the ppl that have seen them they say they can tell we are in love. what do yo uguys think fo the interview is it enough ??????

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Why are you sending her the DS forms? It is needed from her and not from you.

All she has to do is fill them in and print them out.

The only thing you as the petitioner have to fill in is the affidavit of support.

Gees 500 pics,I had like 4 +a few emails and that was it.

They never asked for it in the first place.

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Does it have to be notarized? I've heard so many things. Some say you need to, some say you don't. Please, could you shed some light on this one? :unsure: Many thanks!

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Does it have to be notarized? I've heard so many things. Some say you need to, some say you don't. Please, could you shed some light on this one? :unsure: Many thanks!

The sample letter from VJ works. Just make a copy from you, and a copy from your Sweetie. Do both letters in English. It is not necessary to have a notarization.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

The sample letter from VJ works. Just make a copy from you, and a copy from your Sweetie. Do both letters in English. It is not necessary to have a notarization.

Thank you, Tim & Olga!! I'll follow your advice.

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.