6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It has been such a long time, since I have been on visajourney but I do have a question. I received an RFE from csc asking for 1693 medical. as i already had a medical in the uk, I presumed I was ok but what they wanted was 1693a supplement. I had an infopass before Christmas the IO was trying to be helpful and told me to do nothing as I had all my paprer work in order, I was not convinced. She then gave me her email address as she was going to contact csc to find out exactly what they wanted from me. I emailed her as requested but did not hear back from her. In the mean time I sent off my 1693a to csc, hoping that is what they requested, however I received an email today from the IO saying that she has received an email from csc stating that many medicals are lost in transit therefore I need too have another medical and send in 1693a. now I am not sure what to do. I feel cheated if I have to get another medical and pay another $500 hopefully they just want the supplement. If I do need another medical will they request one or have I blown my application. I am saying this because it did say on my letter if I did not send what they requested I would be denied.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
It has been such a long time, since I have been on visajourney but I do have a question. I received an RFE from csc asking for 1693 medical. as i already had a medical in the uk, I presumed I was ok but what they wanted was 1693a supplement. I had an infopass before Christmas the IO was trying to be helpful and told me to do nothing as I had all my paprer work in order, I was not convinced. She then gave me her email address as she was going to contact csc to find out exactly what they wanted from me. I emailed her as requested but did not hear back from her. In the mean time I sent off my 1693a to csc, hoping that is what they requested, however I received an email today from the IO saying that she has received an email from csc stating that many medicals are lost in transit therefore I need too have another medical and send in 1693a. now I am not sure what to do. I feel cheated if I have to get another medical and pay another $500 hopefully they just want the supplement. If I do need another medical will they request one or have I blown my application. I am saying this because it did say on my letter if I did not send what they requested I would be denied.

Wish I could help. I'm in a similar situation as I just received my RFE today saying I need to get another medical because they can't find mind. If you managed to get a copy of your medical that you had done in the UK or if you have a copy of your vaccination record then it is possible to find a USCIS accepted doctor to transcribe your vaccination record to the I-693A - this is what we did and the doctor charged us $25.

March 6, 2007 - I-129F package sent

March 21, 2007 - I-129F NOA2

October 17, 2007 - K1 interview - approved

October 19, 2007 - K1 arrived in mail

October 21, 2007 - US entry

October 23, 2007 - Wedding day

November 27, 2007 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

December 7, 2007 - Received all 3 NOA's for AOS, AP & EAD

December 10, 2007 - Received letter for biometrics appointment

January 2, 2008 - I-485 transferred to California

January 3, 2008 - Biometrics

January 16, 2008 - RFE for I-485

January 22, 2008 - RFE for I-485 arrived

January 23, 2008 - AP approved

January 25, 2008 - Case status finally updated: AP approved January 23!

January 31, 2008 - EAD card production ordered

February 2, 2008 - AP arrived in mail

February 5, 2008 - Sending a letter/RFE to CSC

February 5, 2008 - EAD card production ordered (again?!)

February 7, 2008 - RFE/letter arrived at CSC

February 7, 2008 - EAD approval sent

February 9, 2008 - EAD card received, dated January 23rd!

February 25, 2008 - CSC finally acknowledges receiving RFE

February 27, 2008 - I-485 APPROVED!

February 27, 2008 - Online case status: notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

March 3, 2008 - Received welcome letter

March 3, 2008 - I-485 approval letter sent

March 6, 2008 - Green card arrived in mail.

November 2009 - Removal of conditions...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wish I could help. I'm in a similar situation as I just received my RFE today saying I need to get another medical because they can't find mind. If you managed to get a copy of your medical that you had done in the UK or if you have a copy of your vaccination record then it is possible to find a USCIS accepted doctor to transcribe your vaccination record to the I-693A - this is what we did and the doctor charged us $25.

I had a uscis doctor transcribe my vaccination record to the I-693a so hopefully this will be enough.

Sometimes the full medical can get lost, and you will be request to do the full medical.

Call around to the USCIS civil surgeons as to who will give you the best price. We had the best luck with a clinic run by the University of Minnesota.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Maybe you can get a US Doctor to transfer everything over from your photocopy of your exam you had in the other country , this is bad deal, sorry to hear this, seems there are others experiencing this, just unreal.

:unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.