HOHOHO

Unreadable case/receiept # on back of cancelled check

15 posts in this topic

I think anyway...it's wholly blurry and halfassed stamped...

any hint what might be the number? there's some random numbers stamped on it.

oya, and blurry hints it was cashed in chicago.

there is some thing of numbers beginning with E.

??

I'm mildly somewhat encouraged they finally took my 355 clams.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Indonesia

Marriage : 2007-08-10

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-21

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-18

I-130 Approved : 2008-09-15

NVC Received : 2008-09-24

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-09-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-09-28

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-09-28

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-10-02

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-10-17

Receive IV Bill : 2008-10-30

Pay IV Bill : 2008-10-31

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-01-28

NVC Left : 2009-01-30

Consulate Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-02-24

Packet 4 Received : 2009-02-26

Interview Date : 2010-03-18

Visa Received : 2009-03-23

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 241 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 792 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Probably EAC (AKA Vermont Service Center).

If it is unreadable you will just have to wait for the NOA1 letter.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

??

HoHoHo - but that's great news - it means your NOA1 is on the way if your cheque has been cashed! At last, you must be so relieved! I'm really pleased you have finally had some news.

??

HoHoHo - but that's great news - it means your NOA1 is on the way if your cheque has been cashed! At last, you must be so relieved! I'm really pleased you have finally had some news.

yeah...and I've decided I'm going to file the K3 now. I already had her forms filled out and signed and was waiting for the reciept. Since the receipt states it make take YEARS (plural) from this date to get visa, I'll take my chances for a horserace between them. It's not important that she has a green card for work here anyway, at least for a while.

Also got her Taxpayer ID forms in the mail today from her, with embassy notarized marriage licence and passport. I think I can use this junk in duplicate as additional evidence with the other K3 stuff.

Since she was robbed at knifepoint last week, and her client committed suicide yesterday, I just hope this can be one bit of good news of the future. I love her and hate being powerless to do anything.

Event Date

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
yeah...and I've decided I'm going to file the K3 now. I already had her forms filled out and signed and was waiting for the reciept. Since the receipt states it make take YEARS (plural) from this date to get visa, I'll take my chances for a horserace between them. It's not important that she has a green card for work here anyway, at least for a while.

Also got her Taxpayer ID forms in the mail today from her, with embassy notarized marriage licence and passport. I think I can use this junk in duplicate as additional evidence with the other K3 stuff.

Since she was robbed at knifepoint last week, and her client committed suicide yesterday, I just hope this can be one bit of good news of the future. I love her and hate being powerless to do anything.

I would compare timelines for K-3 and CR-1 and if they are not too far different for mos countries.

K-3 has the added pain of adjustment of status (I-485) and work permits (EAD). EAD takes 90 days or more to get, all the time not able to get SSN and being able to get on with things like driver's license, adding to bank accounts, etc.. AOS and EAD cost $1010 .

USCIS no longer does the horse race, it is either K-3 or CR-1 not both. Once the I-129F is filed they will hold the approved I-130 until the K-3 adjusts status.

SEE: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I would compare timelines for K-3 and CR-1 and if they are not too far different for mos countries.

K-3 has the added pain of adjustment of status (I-485) and work permits (EAD). EAD takes 90 days or more to get, all the time not able to get SSN and being able to get on with things like driver's license, adding to bank accounts, etc.. AOS and EAD cost $1010 .

USCIS no longer does the horse race, it is either K-3 or CR-1 not both. Once the I-129F is filed they will hold the approved I-130 until the K-3 adjusts status.

help me out here... I've flailed though some of those 380420 charts of timeline data (that I believe are not really that informative of the present day situation--data from 8 months back probably has no bearing on the cases of today, IMO), and I'm not sure how to read it all.

In my case, the Work permit for my spouse right away is not necessary. And extra 1000 clams is alot, but if it gets her here, who knows 1 or 2 years sooner, I'm more than happy to do that route.

With the luck I've had so far, likely one option will take 2 years longer than the other, so I'm nervous about having to pick the wrong shell in USCIS big joke shell game for lawyers to make $$$ on.

I though K3 was to get spouses here somewhat sooner... and I see many are taking that chance. Shouldn't I do that?

Event Date

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well I think its all a gamble. Your case is really odd since it took them so long to get you an NOA1. I would go the K3 route too if i were you. However with myself it took me about 2 months less than you to get an NoA1 and I really will need my husband to start working when he gets here, so going CR1 is more beneficial to me. i think its a PERSONAL choice to go either way now. Timelines and data are so out of wack that who knows when approvals will come through. i know that people are getting thru NVC rather quickly who didin't have to wait for a visa number, ie. K1 and K3'ers. just know that its one or the other now and there is no real changing it once you select K3.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

help me out here... I've flailed though some of those 380420 charts of timeline data (that I believe are not really that informative of the present day situation--data from 8 months back probably has no bearing on the cases of today, IMO), and I'm not sure how to read it all.

In my case, the Work permit for my spouse right away is not necessary. And extra 1000 clams is alot, but if it gets her here, who knows 1 or 2 years sooner, I'm more than happy to do that route.

With the luck I've had so far, likely one option will take 2 years longer than the other, so I'm nervous about having to pick the wrong shell in USCIS big joke shell game for lawyers to make $$$ on.

I though K3 was to get spouses here somewhat sooner... and I see many are taking that chance. Shouldn't I do that?

Once your forms get processed stateside, the wait for an interview in Jakarta is not very long at all. You can get get it as soon as next day after you bring your documents in for inspection. If you can get the Medical and forms prepared ahead of time, you can get the interview within a week or two of receiving packet 3.

keTiiDCjGVo

Once your forms get processed stateside, the wait for an interview in Jakarta is not very long at all. You can get get it as soon as next day after you bring your documents in for inspection. If you can get the Medical and forms prepared ahead of time, you can get the interview within a week or two of receiving packet 3.

Thanks much.. I really value your advice and tips. I will wait out the I-130(er.. I guess I mean IR1, and see how much I can get done in terms of pre preparing paperwork, and additional evidence.

At least there will be more evidence now, since we will have the tax number and joint return as well as I will be going back to asia in a few months...so another passport stamp and photo op.

Edited by HOHOHO

Event Date

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Thanks much.. I really value your advice and tips. I will wait out the I-130(er.. I guess I mean IR1, and see how much I can get done in terms of pre preparing paperwork, and additional evidence.

At least there will be more evidence now, since we will have the tax number and joint return as well as I will be going back to asia in a few months...so another passport stamp and photo op.

Congrats Hohoho. I think you made the right decision to stay with the IR/CR visa. As late as your NOA1 came, I would say that you are not too far outside of what is considered normal these days. And Aug approvals are coming in. I think you'll be glad you made this decision. Just my opinion and I'm very biased :) Congrats again, I can't understand the burden that has been lifted off of you.

James

Congrats Hohoho. I think you made the right decision to stay with the IR/CR visa. As late as your NOA1 came, I would say that you are not too far outside of what is considered normal these days. And Aug approvals are coming in. I think you'll be glad you made this decision. Just my opinion and I'm very biased :) Congrats again, I can't understand the burden that has been lifted off of you.

James

I clicked on Dan + Gem's timeline...and I see they did the route they don't recommend... and holy hell, it looks like chaos... simultanious timelines of massive proportions, yikes. I think I'd HAVE to hire a lawyer should I go that way. The chaos of their timeline made the case to me as much as the advice!

Event Date

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

James

I clicked on Dan + Gem's timeline...and I see they did the route they don't recommend... and holy hell, it looks like chaos... simultanious timelines of massive proportions, yikes. I think I'd HAVE to hire a lawyer should I go that way. The chaos of their timeline made the case to me as much as the advice!

Its not that hard. We went with K-1, which requires filing for AOS after marriage in the US. I-485, I-131, and I-765 are all part of the same package, though they do get kind of processed seperatly at USCIS. But you don't have to do that with IR-1/CR-1.

We did K-1 since we could file that right away, instead of having to wait until we got married. Had we had already been married its likely that we would have taken the IR-1/CR-1 route.

keTiiDCjGVo

James

Its not that hard. We went with K-1, which requires filing for AOS after marriage in the US. I-485, I-131, and I-765 are all part of the same package, though they do get kind of processed seperatly at USCIS. But you don't have to do that with IR-1/CR-1.

We did K-1 since we could file that right away, instead of having to wait until we got married. Had we had already been married its likely that we would have taken the IR-1/CR-1 route.

OH...I see, that's a bit different, you got married here.

Yeah we got married first, thinking that would make this process easier. So I guess that is different. Seems like the K1 may wind up faster--of course there are issues that may make that one more difficult depending on one's "evidence" of relationship.

The more attractive option of the IR1 way for me is she doesn't have to go through all that "Parole" (nice of them to use prison terminology to deal with our loved ones), and has more freedom to travel back and forth hassle free.

What part of Indonesia is your spouse from?

Event Date

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

??

We never got the NOA1 and the number on the back of our check was so faint that it was not picked up at all when my bank scanned the check....so we had to wait...USCIS would not speak to us at all about the case until 90 days had passed, then they finally gave us our case number over the phone.

On the other hand, VJs adjudication prediction was really great!

I wonder how much time and money it would save them if they just fixed their lame STAMPER?

If you never get the NOA1 letter and have to call to get the case number be sure to confirm your mailing address with them....and get a confirmation number and jot down the name/ID of the person you spoke with, if you need to have the address changed!

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

i sent a money order but i sent away for the copy and same thing i cant read it i was blurry and unreadable

??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.