Galateia

New Vaccination Requirements

61 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
This isn't referring to anyone, I'm just posting!! But people really should make sure they know all the info on HPV and getting this info from authoritative websites and professionals. They say approx 50% of women could be affected with HPV sometime during their life!! One can pass this to a partner, and even to their baby, it is a very series disease. Yes HPV may turn out to be nothing serious, but one definetly should be getting things checked and "play" safe! Maybe because I'm a RN student friends open up to me, but 1 friend I know has HPV, and she has only had 1 partner! if your sexually active, ensure your getting a pap smear yearly (some say every other year, depending on age, etc etc)

And again not pointing at anyone, just what I have seen during clinical and what other students have told me--What the spouse says in front of their other spouse during a medical interview, isn't always the same what they tell you when they are alone with the DR or nurse, if you get my drift! Many spouses sort of keep somethings to themselves, which the other spouse has no clue of, especially when it comes to being sexually active or pregnancy! having HPV doesn't make you any less of a person, or "dirty" just means that the health professionals have to keep an eye on you a bit more, and realize it can be passed on to other people, so play safe!! As well I'm not saying this "shot" is the answer either, has I have not read much about it. Not trying to scare anyone, or change their mind aboys getting the drug, just make sure your making a well informed decision, not going off crummy websites, blogs, or your aunt betty who is doing hard time in the prison!! Cheers

I just had to make an input here.. I am still very happy (for the first time) that I am "old" and don't need to take this drug.

There are 4000 women in the US who develops cancer from HPV. Now those 4000 - I feel for them... but what about the rest - the millions that probably have some of the HVP types in their system... I really don't think there is a threat great enough to take this vaccine. If we where talking about breast cancer or anything else that effect so many people then the story would be different. HPV vaccine is live cancer cells injected into you... just the thought of that would scare me off.. specially when we haven't seen one single person develop anitbodies for cancer by them selves... So injecting cancer cells into someone knowing that the body would not be able to fight it?!?! What the *#?¤K!

Just needed to say this.. nothing personal.. I am just angry with the Vaccine people trying to make money by scaring people about cancer.

Actually it's damaged cells from the HPV virus that are injected into you, just like any other vaccine. This is a widespread and very contagious virus that causes CANCER. Why not prevent it if you can? It seems a little drastic to me for them to require it of new immigrants, but I don't think this is a bad vaccine.

K-1 Process

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-28

I-129F NOA1 :2007-06-05

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-10-28

RFE Reply(s) :2007-11-05

I-129F NOA2 :2007-11-28

NVC Received : 2007-12-20

NVC Left :2007-12-27 (due to holidays :P)

Consulate Received :2007/12/28 (Vancouver)

Packet 3 Received :2008-01-07

Packet 3 Sent :2008-01-07

Packet 4 Received :2008-01-14

Interview Date :2008-02-11

Visa Received :2008-02-13

US Entry :2008-02-20

Marriage :2008-02-26

Wedding Ceremony: 2008-05-03

Adjustment of Status 4105.gif

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2008-03-09

NOA: 2008-03-15

RFE(s) : 2008-03-29

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-01

Touched: 04/01 - 04/02 - 04/16 - 04/17 - 04/18 - 04/21 - 05/06 - 05/07 - 05/08

Transferred to CSC: 2008-04-30

APPROVED!! : 2008-06-18

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method :Mail

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-01

Approved: 2008-05-12

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method : Mail

Approved: 2008-05-12

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.