richlyn

why take so long to NVC

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone

we receive approved notice last dec. 14.2007. my fiance try call NVC twice, but they say still they not recieve yet from uscis,huhuhuh :crying: they take too long to send it to NVC.

we have waiting almost 5 WEEKS now.sad :(

TO JULY FILLERS AND GOT NOA2 LAST DEC.....ANYONE HERE WHO GET NOTICE FROM NVC YET?

WHY OUR`S TAKE SO LONG? :help:

Edited by richlyn

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was approved the same day as you and up to 1/14, I still were not in their system. Instead of calling again, I emailed them. It took 3 days but they gave me my embassy number and said it was forwarded to the embassy. Maybe you can try emailing them. Be encouraged. You will hear something back from them soon.

Bridget

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

HI! Dont get discouraged, we filed in July , and after our NO2 I kept calling and the automated system gave me the same message that they had no record of my case etc , then Jan 4 I recieved a notice from the NVC saying they had fowarded our case to the embassy, the next day my boyfriend recieved a letter from the embassy in Buenos Aires. dont trust the automated system, its inaccurate.

Best Wishes

03-07-05 Met online.

10-02-05 Met in person for the first time in Mexico. Asked me to be his gf.

11-15-05 He flew back to Buenos Aires.

03-19-06 Met his family in Buenos Aires. Stayed for a month.

01-13-07 Arrived in Argentina. Plan to stay 3 months.

03-12-07 Asked for an extension, will stay 3 more months.

07-07-07 Got engaged! Party!

07-13-07 Im back home in Texas.

07-17-07 Sent I129f application.

07-27-07 NOA 1 received.

10-02-07 2 year anniversary.

12-07-07 Application approved! NOA 2 via email.

12-17-07 NOA 2 Hard copy received.

01-04-08 Received letter from NVC! On its way to Embassy in Buenos Aires!

01-05-08 Shocker!! My fiance receives letter from Embassy with instructions Packet 3!

02-07-08 My fiance dropped off Packet 3 at embassy! waiting...

02-15-08 My fiance receives email -embassy asking if he had his medical exam done( he has) , they will notify him

of interview date later...waiting...

02-29-08 waiting,,,no news yet!! cant take this anymore!!!

03-14-08 After a few emails, received a response, Interview on april 15 at 1 pm.!!! :-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

k1 visas go thru nvc so fast, it is entirely possible they don't have your k1 because it is already forwarded to the embassy.

usually k1 goes thru nvc in under 2 weeks, so 5 weeks I am pretty sure it is in phillip.

just my guess

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You should be hearing from them this coming week. It took me quite a while too. Plus they probably had just gotten rid of the holidays hung over. :devil:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

NVC is not slow, its CSC that is slow in sending. If you got approved in Dec after the 11th, then you had to wait a month before CSC sent the next crate. Once you get to NVC if yoru fiance's name is unique, you will clear in a day or 2 and be shipped out to the respective consulate. If your fiance's name is very common in thier country, then it can take longer. The FBI checks their name against criminal and terrorist lists etc.

Since your approval is Dec 14th, you missed the Dec shipment. So you will be in the Jan shipment.

also when you call NVC, make sure you press 5 to speak to a representative. K visas are not enterd into the automated phone system. So you will call and the system will say you are not there, when in fact you might have already gone thru and shipped out to your consulate.

Search the forum, all this info has been posted previously

Chris

Edited by chris4gretchen

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Timeline
I was approved the same day as you and up to 1/14, I still were not in their system. Instead of calling again, I emailed them. It took 3 days but they gave me my embassy number and said it was forwarded to the embassy. Maybe you can try emailing them. Be encouraged. You will hear something back from them soon.

Bridget

thank you bridget i will send email them already but they not reply yet, thanks again .god bless!

lyn

Timeline
NVC is not slow, its CSC that is slow in sending. If you got approved in Dec after the 11th, then you had to wait a month before CSC sent the next crate. Once you get to NVC if yoru fiance's name is unique, you will clear in a day or 2 and be shipped out to the respective consulate. If your fiance's name is very common in thier country, then it can take longer. The FBI checks their name against criminal and terrorist lists etc.

Since your approval is Dec 14th, you missed the Dec shipment. So you will be in the Jan shipment.

also when you call NVC, make sure you press 5 to speak to a representative. K visas are not enterd into the automated phone system. So you will call and the system will say you are not there, when in fact you might have already gone thru and shipped out to your consulate.

Chris

thank you so much for the imformation,

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

Timeline
You should be hearing from them this coming week. It took me quite a while too. Plus they probably had just gotten rid of the holidays hung over. :devil:

yes i hope this week we get notice from nvc. thank you

k1 visas go thru nvc so fast, it is entirely possible they don't have your k1 because it is already forwarded to the embassy.

usually k1 goes thru nvc in under 2 weeks, so 5 weeks I am pretty sure it is in phillip.

just my guess

i hope so ,thank you

god bless you all!!!

Timeline

HI! Dont get discouraged, we filed in July , and after our NO2 I kept calling and the automated system gave me the same message that they had no record of my case etc , then Jan 4 I recieved a notice from the NVC saying they had fowarded our case to the embassy, the next day my boyfriend recieved a letter from the embassy in Buenos Aires. dont trust the automated system, its inaccurate.

Best Wishes

[/quote

yes, and i try used tracking online but still same there,

thank you so much for the imformation, god bless

Timeline

Chris

hi

how we will know if nvc send here to consulate, need to call here in embassy to inquires our status?thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi

how we will know if nvc send here to consulate, need to call here in embassy to inquires our status?thanks

Yes you call NVC.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Timeline
hi

Yes you call NVC.

Chris

yes we call them at nvc and they say receive. we got my new MNL# and send here in manila last january 18, :) thanks

lyn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.