davidm1982

G-325 Address history

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi folks,

First of all thank you so much for the wonderful website, a really useful tool as my fiancee and myself try to get the visa process sorted. Apologies if this query has been made before but I could not find it when searching.

We are about to send off the I-129F etc off for the fiance visa. My fiancee (the USC) has done a lot of travelling in the last 5 years and does not have details for all the addresses she has stayed at. I was wondering what the minimum stay at an address was for inclusion in the list (3 months???) and what to do to explain that not all addresses are included, or if we need to anything at all. How important is it or can we just fill it in the best as we can and leave it like that?

Many thanks,

David

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi!

I've never heard anything about a minimum amount of time you should stay somewhere, but I have heard people advising you not to overlap any of your residence times (for example, have that you lived in Place A August to December 2007, and Place B September to December 2007).

Just sent in our I-129F. I ended up attaching an extra sheet to both my and my fiance's Biographs to explain our living situations, because we both have permanent residences (parents) and college residences.

With yours, I'd if your fiance really did live at those places and ONLY those places for an amount of time, you need to do whatever you can to obtain the address info. BUT if your fiance was hopping around Europe or something, and still had a permanent residence somewhere else, I think you should just put down the permanent residence and hash the other staying-places (less than 3 months) up to a vacation.

But be as honest as you can and if you need more room, you can attach an additional sheet no problem.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In my G325 I've listed five mailing addresses I used for my correspondence for last five years (I was a student in the US and moved a lot:) I skipped one address though, just forgot that I used to live there (for about 5 months,) and it didn't make any problem. I believe that if everything else is fine with your documents, to skip some places you lived at it wouldn't be a big deal at all....

Good luck :) !

AOS

04-16-2008: AOS package Sent to Chicago via Express Mail

05-13-2008: Biometrics

05-22-2008: AOS trasfered to CSC

06-13/17-2008: EAD Approved (2 CRIS email)

06-18/19-2008: AOS touch

06-20-2008: EAD Approval Notice Sent (email)

06-23-2008: EAD in mail

06-23-2008: Another EAD touch (9AM), EAD IN MAIL (1PM)

07-14-2008: I-485 Card Production Ordered

07-21-2008: Green Card in mail

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi folks,

First of all thank you so much for the wonderful website, a really useful tool as my fiancee and myself try to get the visa process sorted. Apologies if this query has been made before but I could not find it when searching.

We are about to send off the I-129F etc off for the fiance visa. My fiancee (the USC) has done a lot of travelling in the last 5 years and does not have details for all the addresses she has stayed at. I was wondering what the minimum stay at an address was for inclusion in the list (3 months???) and what to do to explain that not all addresses are included, or if we need to anything at all. How important is it or can we just fill it in the best as we can and leave it like that?

Many thanks,

David

They are looking for residence addresses, not places one stayed temporarily while traveling. Perhaps using the parent's address during periods of travel would be wise.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thanks for your replies - very helpful. Just to clarify, my fiancee spent two years (with the Peace Corps) in West Africa and a semester of university in Germany, so they were for a fairly long period of time. It seems though that if we put an added sheet with as much info as we have, then that will not be the end of the world. Correct me if I am wrong though!

Thanks again, and good luck with all of your respective visa processes (a long journey but a worthwhile one)

David

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

David,

You can attach the extra sheet to your petition, it's no problem for them. Don't forget though that your finacee will need to obtain police certificates from Germany and West Africa if she stayed their for 6 months or longer which is the case, I believe. She'll need them a bit later, for her visa interview, but it may take a few months to get those, so she'd wanna take care of it beforehand. They are usually valid for 6-12 months.

Good luck, and have a nice weekend :) !

masha

AOS

04-16-2008: AOS package Sent to Chicago via Express Mail

05-13-2008: Biometrics

05-22-2008: AOS trasfered to CSC

06-13/17-2008: EAD Approved (2 CRIS email)

06-18/19-2008: AOS touch

06-20-2008: EAD Approval Notice Sent (email)

06-23-2008: EAD in mail

06-23-2008: Another EAD touch (9AM), EAD IN MAIL (1PM)

07-14-2008: I-485 Card Production Ordered

07-21-2008: Green Card in mail

Filed: Timeline

I used to move around quite a bit (due to having a stroke of bad luck in my life), but on the form I basically put down the addresses that really mattered, ie.: Places where I lived for a significant time over the last 5 years.

And that seemed to suffice quite well.

I didn't think adding 6 residency addresses over 1 year as that important.

But I also think that the country you are moving from might have a thing to do with how accurate you have to be.

For example, if you are from the UK, I would put down Every address that you can remember, due to past years events in that country.

Since I live in Sweden, and that Sweden is considered a neutral country with a good history and so on, I could be a little more vague with the information.

But in general, if you have the address and the duration, please do give the needed info, the more the better.

My wife is JenK on the forum

I am the one doing the trip :D

OUR VISA JOURNEY

12/16/05 My honey and I met online

04/27/06 to 5/14/07 We met for the first time in person

10/16/06 to 1/15/07 He visits for a second time

04/04/07 We get engaged!

05/29/07 K1 Application arrived at CSC

07/21/07 to 9/15/07 He visits for a third time

09/19/07 APPROVAL from CSC

11/16/07 NVC received petition

Petition is put under Administrative Processing

12/28/07 AP DONE! YAY! Off to the Consulate!

01/02/08 Consulate received and packet 3 sent

01/04/08 My honey gets packet 3

01/09/08 Medical Appointment *PASSED*

01/09/08 Packet 3 Returned

01/23/08 8:30 AM INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!! NOT APPROVED :(

01/23/08 Placed BACK on Administrative Processing

01/24/08 Sent consulate more proof of our relationship

01/28/08 Embassy receives the mail

02/01/08 WE WERE APPROVED!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU HONEY! SO MUCH! SOON we will FINALLY be together!!!

WEDDING DATE: 04/27/08!

AOS:

05/22/08 Package sent

06/02/08 Got all 3 NOA's

6/21/08 Biometrics

7/12/08 RFE: want 12 months of bank statements

7/16/08 mailed statements

7/22/08 statements received

and we wait...

Timeline
David,

You can attach the extra sheet to your petition, it's no problem for them. Don't forget though that your finacee will need to obtain police certificates from Germany and West Africa if she stayed their for 6 months or longer which is the case, I believe. She'll need them a bit later, for her visa interview, but it may take a few months to get those, so she'd wanna take care of it beforehand. They are usually valid for 6-12 months.

Good luck, and have a nice weekend :) !

masha

Wait a minute....his fiance is the USC, so she does NOT need any police certificates.

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

Timeline

Hiya,

Just to confirm it is my fiancee, who is an American citizen, who has lived abroad for more than 6 months. So she does not police reports etc, just to list the addresses as best as possible?

Thanks so much

David

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.