Malarie

Received Initial Interview Notice today...

20 posts in this topic

Hi -

Just curious if anyone else who filed in December has received their interview date for the AOS? I ask this because today in the mail my husband received the notice with an interview date in March (March 26th to be exact!!)....

I am happy but a little concerned as we have not even received the EAD - which means we have no social security number yet --- which means we have not been able to put him on the bank accounts and the utilities (in the state I live the social security number is required to add to the utilities....)

Am I worrying for no reason?? Does this sound normal to have the interview date prior to EAD??

Any comments are appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Hi -

Just curious if anyone else who filed in December has received their interview date for the AOS? I ask this because today in the mail my husband received the notice with an interview date in March (March 26th to be exact!!)....

I am happy but a little concerned as we have not even received the EAD - which means we have no social security number yet --- which means we have not been able to put him on the bank accounts and the utilities (in the state I live the social security number is required to add to the utilities....)

Am I worrying for no reason?? Does this sound normal to have the interview date prior to EAD??

Any comments are appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Malarie

I applied for AOS on OCT 2007 and had an RFE and sent it back and didnt get any response for couple of weeks and well i got my Interview letter in the mail last week and i dont have EAD card yet so i guess we just gotta wait or just get done with the interview and hassle free of EAD. Wish you best of luck.

PS: most of the bank dosent ask you for your SSN if you have a passport and a valid visa.

10/15/2007 Mailed AOS Packet

10/16/2007 AOS Package Delivered

10/23/2007 NOA1 for I-130, I-485 and I-765

10/24/2007 Checks Cashed

11/05/2007 Biometrics Appointment Received

11/15/2007 RFE

11/21/2007 Biometrics Appointment Done!

12/18/2007 RFE Sent

01/11/2008 Interview Notice Received

01/18/2008 EAD Card Production Ordered

01/23/2008 EAD Approval Notice Sent

01/25/2008 EAD Card Received

02/21/2008 Interview: Approved

02/28/2008 I-485 Card Production Ordered

03/04/2008 I-485 Card Production Ordered again

03/05/2008 Welcome Notice and I-130 Approval Notice Received

03/07/2008 Approval Notice Mailed

03/12/2008 Received Green Card

12/26/2010 I-765 Package mailed

01/22/2010 Biometrics

03/17/2010 Card Production Ordered

03/23/2010 Card Received. Done!

PS: most of the bank dosent ask you for your SSN if you have a passport and a valid visa.

Really? Which one? I haven't heard of this. It's actually against most bank policies. Banks require the ss# or tax id# because any interest you accrue is reported to the IRS.

When my husband got here and we went to open a bank account, they asked for his SSN, the card, his passport, his ID, everything. We didnt have the passport with us when we opened the account, so they gave us an envelope to mail a copy of it back within 5 business days, otherwise they would close down the account. Banks are usually quite particular to the SSN.

As for gathering evidence. Did you add your husband on to your car insurance, life insurance or medical insurance? What about adding a cell phone line to your existing plan? Some of these don't require a SSN.

Utilities vary from state to state. In ours, even if you are added on to the account, your name doesnt appear on the bill. So it was pointless to even bother to add him on.

12140.gif

Really? Which one? I haven't heard of this. It's actually against most bank policies. Banks require the ss# or tax id# because any interest you accrue is reported to the IRS.

When my husband got here and we went to open a bank account, they asked for his SSN, the card, his passport, his ID, everything. We didnt have the passport with us when we opened the account, so they gave us an envelope to mail a copy of it back within 5 business days, otherwise they would close down the account. Banks are usually quite particular to the SSN.

As for gathering evidence. Did you add your husband on to your car insurance, life insurance or medical insurance? What about adding a cell phone line to your existing plan? Some of these don't require a SSN.

Utilities vary from state to state. In ours, even if you are added on to the account, your name doesnt appear on the bill. So it was pointless to even bother to add him on.

Hi - Are you from Chicago? I am from Cary -- a NW Suburb of Chi.... anyway we have added him to the health, car insurance, cell phone, 1 credit card, and the home phone (which was a fight but finally they did add him AND added him to the bill -- but let me tell you I had to talk in what I felt was CIRCLES to get him on the billing). The girl could not understand WHY I wanted him on the bill as she had added him to the phone listing etc... I was successful though so that is a plus!!

I know for a fact my bank will NOT let me add my hubby without the ss # -- I have checked this out already and yes it is correct and logical that the bank shouldnt as Nanusia & Lukaszek mentioned that there is a responsibility from the bank to report the interest to the IRS (so a ss# or a TIN would be necessary)

I will try with the water and garbage bills on Monday -- I am hoping that these will just add him.... ughhhhh

One day at a time I guess...

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Yes really dear! I dont have a SSN or Tax ID and i have a bank account so im speaking on my own experience.

10/24/2007 Checks Cashed

11/15/2007 RFE

12/18/2007 RFE Sent

01/22/2010 Biometrics

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I AGREE WITH YOU. WHEN I GOT HERE IN JULY, WE WENT TO MY HUSBAND'S BANK AND APPLIED FOR A JOINT ACCOUNT BUT THE BANK SAID, APPLICATION COULD NOT BE PROCESSED WITHOUT SSN.

I-751 timeline

3/05/10 - mailed I-751 packet

3/12/10 - arrived at CSC

3/16/10 - online status, NOA mailed but no mail received

3/18/10 - Check cashed

4/15/10 - biometric appointment (notice recv'd in mail - 4/01/10)

4/16/10 - touched

4/18/10 - I-485 & EAD touched????

5/03/10 - Card production ordered

5/11/10 - letter of Approval received in the mail

5/26/10 - email received "letter of Approval" sent in the mail... not yet received till now 6/8/10

7/07/10 - called USCIS why green card has not received yet

7/09/10 - email from USCIS stating that they already sent the GC on May 25th and undeliverable,

adviced to apply for I-90 as it might have been lost in mail

7/25/10 - mailed application for I-90 (replacement of lost or stolen card)

9/16/10 - biometric appointment

9/20/10 - touched

9/21/10 - touched

ISAIAH 40:31

"but those who HOPE in the Lord will renew their strength,

they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,

they will walk and not be faint"

[/color]

try this link..

http://rinnahannah.multiply.com/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...hl=Bank+account

This is one of the subject link above i found over VJ scroll down and read their experience lot of people have done it maybe try a different bank or different branch.

Here are some of the experiences

Mar 12 2007, 10:12 AM

Post #12

Gold Member

Group: Members

Filed for: AOS (approved)

California Service Center

Local Office: Atlanta, GA

My Timeline

My Photos

My husband add me in his Wachiova checking/savings account jointly, we talk with their manager in charge.

I have no EAD, no Greencard, no SSN, no Driver license. They only asked my marriage certificate, my passport, my I-94 and my Tax Identification Number in my country(PI.).

Goodluck!

--------------------

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

07-24-06 - 3 NOA's rcvd.

07-31-06 - 3 Bio-NOA's

08-11-06 - "BIOMETRICS" day

09-20-06 - "APPROVED" EAD but no card sent

10-31-06 - K1/K2 AOS transfer to CSC

11-04-60 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-20-06 - K1 card production email

11-21-06 - K1 welcome letter email

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

12-11-06 - got SSN card

01-09-07 - got Driver License

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - Removing Condition

Mar 12 2007, 10:36 AM

Post #14

Hubba hubba hubba

Group Icon

Group: Members

Filed for: Removing Conditions

Nebraska Service Center

My Timeline

My Photos

QUOTE(rebeccajo @ Mar 12 2007, 09:45 AM) *

That's a load of #######.

You don't need a greencard to open a bank account. There's nothing about that in the Patriot Act.

Find another bank.

What Becca said. I didn't even have my Social Security number yet when hubby and I went to open a joint account in my first week here at his bank, Regions. All they wanted to look at was my passport. They laughed when I showed them our marriage cert just to prove we were really married.

--------------------

I-751 Timeline

Nov 12, 2007 - Packet arrived at NSC via USPS Express Mail

Nov 13, 2007 - Packet signed for by G Heinauer at 10:31am

Dec 01, 2007 - Received NOA (dated 11/13/2007). Transferred to CSC.

Dec 04, 2007 - Check cleared.

Dec 24, 2007 - Received biometrics appt letter.

Jan 15, 2008 - Biometrics appt.

Jan 16, 2008 - Touched (online status).

Edited by scur

10/24/2007 Checks Cashed

11/15/2007 RFE

12/18/2007 RFE Sent

01/22/2010 Biometrics

we sent our AOS last nov 30 but it was received in the chicago lockbox on dec 3 so that would make us a december filer.. my husband and i got our NOA for the AOS interview last jan 12 and we're scheduled for interview on feb 29.. so far no news about EAD or AP..

my husband and i were actually able to open a bank account.. came here on a tourist visa, we're not even married yet when we opened the account.. i just showed my passport and visa

Naturalization

Sent N-400 Application....................................... Dec  5 2016

NOA1.................................................................. Dec 13 2016

Biometrics @ St Louis  ...................................... Jan 11 2017

Received Interview Letter .................................. Jun 10 2017 

Interview Scheduled in Chicago, IL ................... Jul 11 2017

Oath Ceremony in Peoria, IL .............................. Sep 20 2017

Not all bank accounts are interest bearing. Those that are, have interest reported to the IRS, since it is considered income. To do so the bank would need an SSN or ITIN.

Requiring an SSN for non-interest bearing accounts would depend on the banks own policies. Some require it, others don't care.

keTiiDCjGVo

we sent our AOS last nov 30 but it was received in the chicago lockbox on dec 3 so that would make us a december filer.. my husband and i got our NOA for the AOS interview last jan 12 and we're scheduled for interview on feb 29.. so far no news about EAD or AP..

my husband and i were actually able to open a bank account.. came here on a tourist visa, we're not even married yet when we opened the account.. i just showed my passport and visa

Hi - Our timelines are very close!! The only difference really is that you guys have your interview 1 month earlier than ours -- WOW that is excellent!! AND we are in the same boat with the EAD and AP -- NOTHING -- this is what really worries me to tell you the truth ... I was thinking for sure the EAD would come first from what I read here.... Thank you for responding now I know we are not alone in the way our AOS process is going.

Good Luck -- I hope all goes well!!

Malarie

Hi - Are you from Chicago? I am from Cary -- a NW Suburb of Chi....

I know for a fact my bank will NOT let me add my hubby without the ss # -- I have checked this out already and yes it is correct and logical that the bank shouldnt as Nanusia & Lukaszek mentioned that there is a responsibility from the bank to report the interest to the IRS (so a ss# or a TIN would be necessary)

I got my husband's name on our bank without the SSN. We are with citibank and they just said bring it to us when you receive it, which we ended up getting it a week later. Try going to a branch where there are lots of non USC about - either near a college or closer to downtown chi - maybe they will be more familar. OR open up an new account at a new bank. All they wanted to see was his proof of address (we called Comed and they didn't ask for anything, I could've put Mickey Mouse on the bill)

Lifting Conditions

01/19/2010 - Mailed I-751 Packet

Hi - Are you from Chicago? I am from Cary -- a NW Suburb of Chi....

I got my husband's name on our bank without the SSN. We are with citibank and they just said bring it to us when you receive it, which we ended up getting it a week later. Try going to a branch where there are lots of non USC about - either near a college or closer to downtown chi - maybe they will be more familar. OR open up an new account at a new bank. All they wanted to see was his proof of address (we called Comed and they didn't ask for anything, I could've put Mickey Mouse on the bill)

(we called Comed and they didn't ask for anything, I could've put Mickey Mouse on the bill)

REALLY??? I remember when I set up the account with ComEd -- they did an entire credit check etc..... Well that is definately good news I will call them Monday!!

What about Nicor - the gas company - do you use them in your neck of the woods??

I will give them a call Monday too.

We are heading up to TCF Bank today - I am hoping they are going to be cool and add my hubby without the SS#.

REALLY??? I remember when I set up the account with ComEd -- they did an entire credit check etc..... Well that is definately good news I will call them Monday!!

What about Nicor - the gas company - do you use them in your neck of the woods??

We are heading up to TCF Bank today - I am hoping they are going to be cool and add my hubby without the SS#.

Comed did for me. So I had the bill in my name and then I said I need to add someone else onto the account (we weren't even married at this point). So she just asked for his name and now both our names are on the bill. We used it to open the bank account and he also has a non driver id now that we got at the DMV. We don't have gas, so not sure about that.

We got our SSN with no problem, applied about 18 days after the POE on the K1 before we got married. I came armed with all the paperwork incase we needed to put up a fight.

If you are opening a new account, make sure you have proof of address for you too (DL should be fine). If they ask about the SSN just say you haven't received it yet and you will provide it to them when you receive it (ask for a supervisor if they aren't budging - we didn't even have to do this). We needed the account because we wouldn't have been able to cash all of our wedding checks as they were made out to mr and mrs!

Good luck and keep us posted.

Edited by Converse34

Lifting Conditions

01/19/2010 - Mailed I-751 Packet

Hi - Our timelines are very close!! The only difference really is that you guys have your interview 1 month earlier than ours -- WOW that is excellent!! AND we are in the same boat with the EAD and AP -- NOTHING -- this is what really worries me to tell you the truth ... I was thinking for sure the EAD would come first from what I read here.... Thank you for responding now I know we are not alone in the way our AOS process is going.

Good Luck -- I hope all goes well!!

Malarie

compiling the AOS, I-130 etc was very stressful enough for hubby and me.. so i'm not gonna stress over which came first.. unless it's bad news that is :blink:

good luck to all of us.. will post whatever transpires in our interview :)

Naturalization

Sent N-400 Application....................................... Dec  5 2016

NOA1.................................................................. Dec 13 2016

Biometrics @ St Louis  ...................................... Jan 11 2017

Received Interview Letter .................................. Jun 10 2017 

Interview Scheduled in Chicago, IL ................... Jul 11 2017

Oath Ceremony in Peoria, IL .............................. Sep 20 2017

Comed did for me. So I had the bill in my name and then I said I need to add someone else onto the account (we weren't even married at this point). So she just asked for his name and now both our names are on the bill. We used it to open the bank account and he also has a non driver id now that we got at the DMV. We don't have gas, so not sure about that.

The Comed part is interesting. I remember calling them to add my husband on and they said they could add him on as an "authorized user" or something to that nature, but that his name would not appear on the bill. Something about them only having the capability to list one name on the bill.

To even get him added on as a person to the account they said they were going to need to run his credit and if he didn't have appropriate credit, he may have to give a deposit. I asked why a deposit if I'm already the one on the account and no deposit should be needed. The response I got was, "well the other person may run up the bill and you'll say he did it." I remember being in shock hearing this.

If you are in the Chicago area, I know a bank that will set you up with an account without a SSN, but they will request a TIN be established for you. Not sure if that messes something up with SSN down the road. Try MidAmerica Bank. But they are converting over to National City soon, so do it before month end if you want to get in on the old policies.

Good luck! By the way, it seems you already have lots of accounts/insurance open together. You'll be fine.

12140.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.