Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I got a job interview on Monday for a kennel and animal care assistant at a vet hospital. Put in application 2 hrs ago and they just called and said come in monday 8am for a working interview, wear old clothes. They do on the job interview as they can't tell how you interact with animals just by talking to you.

Congrats! Does the vet work with livestock/equine medicine as well, or are they a pet-only place?

I swear if I didn't live in places where I couldn't have pets I'd be like Dr. Doolittle. I'd have everything except for birds, since I think they are evil and will peck out your eyeballs at their first chance. I would really like an iguana but Nicky is dead set against such things :angry:

Well, after nearly 3 hours in the dentist's chair, I have a temporary crown. Although the dentist was very gentle and I barely felt a thing, it was hardly my idea of a day well spent. And I have to go back in 2 weeks for the permanent crown. Grrrr! :angry:

Aww man that blows! Did you at least get a lollipop?

I hold a general grudge against British dentistry in regards to how Nicky has been treated up in Northumberland.

wtf-picard.jpg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

oh Ginger I keep meaning to say, that the guy that made the Americana here in Glendale is thinking about running for mayor of LA, or at least that's what was on the front of the LA weekly last week. I personally find the Americana pretty inhospitable. I don't know, there's just something too... gleaming about it. Like I'm not supposed to be there, lol.

The UK Wiki

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

OMG I have an interview for Monday, for a job that would start on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am pretty excited. Trying not to get over excited, but pretty excited. It kinda came from nowhere, and it's not the exact job I'm looking for, but it's in my field generally, and that's fine with me.

The UK Wiki

Pointy that's excellent news!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yay it's friday! :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
OMG I have an interview for Monday, for a job that would start on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'll keep my fingers crossed too. :D

Timeline
oh Ginger I keep meaning to say, that the guy that made the Americana here in Glendale is thinking about running for mayor of LA, or at least that's what was on the front of the LA weekly last week. I personally find the Americana pretty inhospitable. I don't know, there's just something too... gleaming about it. Like I'm not supposed to be there, lol.

LOL....yes here at GGP we aren't particular fans of the Americana.

I keep hoping they will send me out to Cali for "work" but I doubt that that will happen in the current economic enviroment.

Congrats on the interview...Nicky had one on Tuesday at #######'s Sporting Goods (though I told him if he got the job that he couldn't tell people he worked for #######), today is Whole Foods, and he has one on Monday at Macy's.

wtf-picard.jpg

Wow - things are looking up on the job front!! Hopefully soon I will have my EAD then the complaints will start alllll over again :lol:

Am cleaning a day early so I can put up Hallowe'en decs :D Carved our pumpkins last night - well I did, Jeremy picked a really fiddly design that he has to finish when he gets back from work today! Then tomorrow I just have to do the baking :D Going to roast pumpkin seeds today as well :D

Oh! And we're going on a road trip to Colorado in a couple of weeks' time - it's only for five nights so there is going to be some hard driving but we wanted to get the trip in before I got a job because it's unlikely I'll get any sensible amount of paid leave :rolleyes:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline
Wow - things are looking up on the job front!! Hopefully soon I will have my EAD then the complaints will start alllll over again :lol:

Am cleaning a day early so I can put up Hallowe'en decs :D Carved our pumpkins last night - well I did, Jeremy picked a really fiddly design that he has to finish when he gets back from work today! Then tomorrow I just have to do the baking :D Going to roast pumpkin seeds today as well :D

Oh! And we're going on a road trip to Colorado in a couple of weeks' time - it's only for five nights so there is going to be some hard driving but we wanted to get the trip in before I got a job because it's unlikely I'll get any sensible amount of paid leave :rolleyes:

Really? I'm jealous...I <3 Colorado. You should drive the extra 5 hours and go see Debz in GI.

wtf-picard.jpg

Seriously - we would - I said I wanted to really but Jeremy can only take five days off of work and as we are driving there and back it's a bit of a jaunt... neither of us have been to Colorado but it is somewhere we are both considering moving to so we wanted to see it firsthand!! It's going to be a lot of driving though:

* Leave Saturday (15th) in time to drop kitties off at 4.30pm and make our way to Vegas.

* Leave Vegas early and head to Grand Junction

* Head from Grand Junction to Colorado Springs via Denver

* Go from Colorado Springs back west to Montrose then south to Durango (might have the directions off as I am trying to remember!)

* Leave Durango and head to Flagstaff via Albuquerque

* Drive from Flagstaff to PS hopefully in time to pick the kitties up!!

So it is going to be... interesting! I said to Jeremy it would be nice for just an extra night so if we found somewhere we really liked then we could explore a bit more but I think he just wants to drive as much as he can and make up the time that way :unsure:

BUT!!! I'll be able to stop off in a few hotels and have a bath EVERY night!! I also need new clothes as none of my old ones fit me anymore :cry: There is no way I am going to Colorado in November wearing a sundress :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Oh oh oh!! And is anyone doing anything for bonfire night? I looked in the local area but can't find anything at all :cry: Is anything happening in/near LA does anyone know?

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Oh oh oh!! And is anyone doing anything for bonfire night? I looked in the local area but can't find anything at all :cry: Is anything happening in/near LA does anyone know?

Yep! :D

The British expat group on www.meetup.com here in Charlotte are having a big bonfire night party on Sunday. It's being hosted by an Irish pub and there's going to be a bonfire, fireworks, shepherd's pie and bangers & mash.

I can't wait! :dance:

Cool news on the job Pointy - hopefully we be having a celebratory margarita next week!

Jeraly - sounds like a totally cool trip. Me and him did a Colorado/Utah loop last April flying in and out of Denver. I'd definitely check out Great Sand Dunes and the Valley of the Ancients if you have time. I'd personally try and fit in a stop somewhere in Southern Utah (Arches, Zion, Bryce) if you have time but I'm not sure you will!

90day.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.