shell711

Out of TIme....Plz Help!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm really starting to panic....my husband's interview is scheduled for January 22nd and we can't make it! I have tried several times to contact Montreal consulate but cannot get a response. We have emailed 3 times and faxed them but cannot seem to get any time of response from them. I don't know what to do at this point. We certainly do not want to be a "no show"....does anyone know what happens if you are a no show for an interview appt? Is there anyone out there who knows of any way to reschedule?? I really need help asap!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you, but I have already contacted these places by phone and they both redirected me to the Montreal Consulate to reschedule the interview. This is where the problem lies....I cannot reach Montreal no matter how many different ways to times I try. I just don't know what to do!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Shell,

There really isn't anything else to be done. You have emailed, you have faxed, unless you can physically show up at the Montreal Consulate to request a reschedule then you don't really have much choice except to wait and see if they respond to your correspondence.

No doubt they have received it, for some reason they have decided not to respond - I don't know why they wouldn't - but it is still 10 days to interview, hopefully they will write back before then.

Just thinking - you could always try writing them an actual letter - they may not respond to that either - but at the very least you can send it express post and you will have a record that they received it.

The United States Consulate General's mailing address is:

P.O. Box 65

Station Desjardins

Montreal (Quebec)

H5B 1G1

For quicker service, please mark the envelope to the attention of the appropriate department, such as the Office of Consular Affairs or Public Affairs.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

I am having to now postpone my interview also. I just sent the e-mail so I have to give it a few days, but if no response by Wed I want to fax letter. I got this fax number from the website (514) 398-9748. Is this the number you used?

Please update if you get any responses - I will do the same.

S

03/01/07 Mailed I-130 priority post to Nebraska.

06/19/07 Approved!!!

07/10/07 NVC assigned case #.

10/25/07 NVC Case Complete!!!!

01/22/08 Original Monreal interview- requested to reschedule, told 3-4 month wait.

04/17/08 Interview in Montreal

04/21/08 Received VISA package

06/24/08 Crossed border

07/26/08 Received conditional greencard

07/28/08 Received SSN in mail (went down and applied in person 07/14/08)

08/11/08 Infopass appointment to request 10yr greencard instead of conditional. Mailed out 1-90 with support.

09/25/08 Received case # for I-90

02/17/09 Received 10yr greencard!!! WOOHOO

Timeline

if they ask for a reason, and ur reason is "my USA spouse can't make it to the interview" it may not be suffice as the spouse is not required at the interview. Just a heads up. Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Try this one

514-398-9746 attn IV dept operator # 1

AOS

Filled : 2007-09-17

NOA : 2007-09-25

Biometrics : 2007-12-13

EAD card prod : 2007-12-13

Job Offer : 2007-12-18

EAD card prod : 2007-12-18

EAD approved mailed : 2007-12-21

EAD in Hand : 2007-12-24 (Awesome Christmas Present)

Applied for SSN : 2007-12-26

SSN arrives in mail : 2008-01-05 (Happy New Year)

Start work :2008-01-15

I was a "no show" for my first interview as I didn't receive the interview packet in time. In a panic, I emailed them several times, and within a couple of days, they just rescheduled me for the following month! I thought I was doomed being a no show, but it was fine.

Aug/2001: We met, started dating long distance style and lots of weekend sleepovers!!!

May 16/2004: Married, and still doing weekend sleepovers

Mar 13/2006: Sent off I-130

Mar 28/2006: Rec'vd NOA1

July 7/2006: Rec'vd NOA2

Aug 29/2006: Rec'vd IV Bill

Sep 12-2006: Pay IV Bill

Mar 30/2007: Case Completed at NVC

Jul 18/2007: Case left NVC on way to Montreal

Aug 31/2007: Rec'vd 1st interview letter (the one they DIDN'T send me, due to NVC having my address tagged as bad---this one was hubby's that I got 5 weeks late.)

Aug 9/2007 : 1st Interview Date (of course I missed it)

Sep 15/2007: Rec'vd 2nd interview letter

Sep 26/2007: Medical Appt booked

Oct 5/2007: 2nd Interview scheduled in Montreal

Oct 5/2007: Approved!!!!!!!

Oct 11/2007: Recv'd Visa in hand after hearing doorbell ring

Oct 21/2007: Activated visa

Nov 20/2007: Applied for SSN because it wasn't done for me... UGH!!!

Dec 03/2007: Received SSN in mail... YAHOO!

Apr 11/2008: GC finally arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.