Shamim

K3 or IR-1 ??

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

My wife received packet 3 for K3 visa and at the same time we are waiting for our IR-1 case to be completed at NVC. Obviously we want to pursue IR-1. If my wife responds to the K3, she might get an interview date at end of this month, meanwhile, IR-1 case can be completed. Question is, can we then request to Embassy to reserve the K3 interview date for IR-1?

Please advise....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You would need to contact the local USEM about that.

Personally, I don't think you can since the case need to be completed first and then NVC will send C1 documents to your local USEM. I could be mistaken about this.

Hello,

My wife received packet 3 for K3 visa and at the same time we are waiting for our IR-1 case to be completed at NVC. Obviously we want to pursue IR-1. If my wife responds to the K3, she might get an interview date at end of this month, meanwhile, IR-1 case can be completed. Question is, can we then request to Embassy to reserve the K3 interview date for IR-1?

Please advise....

You can request it, but unless the case is complete and with the embassy, they would not be able to make it the same day. It is worth delaying the interview though and going for the IR-1 instead of course. :)

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Hello,

Please advise....

Im not sure how it goes in Bangladesh, but NessandKeith had a similar situation as yours. Upon receipt of their K3 documents, Ness proceeded to go for her medicals in Manila but requested that their Embassy interview be rescheduled to a later date (the USEM site had an online request form for appointment rescheduling), on the hope that their CR1 approval would catch up, which it did. Her K3 rescheduled appointment came a few days ahead of her CR1 date, she went to the new K3 date and just requested for a CR1 interview instead, which the USEManila graciously granted. She's now with her husband and was able to celebrate her first Christmas in the US. Goodluck!

mikeandlani

our Visa Journey

09.01.06 - Filed I130 to VSC

05.21.07 - NOA2

06.19.07 - NVC receives Petition

11.23.07 - CASE COMPLETE

01.30.08 - USEM Interview

02.02.08 - CR1 Visa Received

03.03.08 - Entered US through Detroit International

03.27.08 - Received 2yr Conditional Resident Card

04.01.08 - Filed for my SSN at the local SSA office

04.05.08 - SSN received by mail

05.03.08 - Finally got my Driver's License

lifting conditions....

I-I-751

12.07.09 - Sent I-751 to VSC by express mail

12.08.09 - I-751 delivered to VSC per USPS tracking :-)

12.09.09 - NOA1 date (Checked cashed :-D)

12.14.09 - Received NOA1

12.18.09 - ASC Appointment Notice Date

12.26.09 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

12.31.09 - Early Biometrics

01.14.10 - Biometrics Schedule

02.26.10 - Email update --Card Production ordered

03.02.10 - Email update --Approval Notice sent

03.06.10 - Approval Notice Received

03.08.10 - Card Received

Naturalization

I-N400

09.09.11 - Sent N400 to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

09.23.11 - Received 1-797 by mail

11.17.11 - Biometrics Schedule

01.25.12 - Received Interview and Exam Notice by mail

02.28.12 - Interview schedule

03.28.12 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello,

Please advise....

Im not sure how it goes in Bangladesh, but NessandKeith had a similar situation as yours. Upon receipt of their K3 documents, Ness proceeded to go for her medicals in Manila but requested that their Embassy interview be rescheduled to a later date (the USEM site had an online request form for appointment rescheduling), on the hope that their CR1 approval would catch up, which it did. Her K3 rescheduled appointment came a few days ahead of her CR1 date, she went to the new K3 date and just requested for a CR1 interview instead, which the USEManila graciously granted. She's now with her husband and was able to celebrate her first Christmas in the US. Goodluck!

Yes, this will work if the immigrant visa case file arrives at the Consulate before the K3 interview date because they are not allowed to grant a K3 visa when an immigrant visa is immediately available. Make sure though that you fulfill all the vaccination requirements for the IR/CR 1.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.