AUBGER

DL road test

46 posts in this topic

Did you have fun parallel parking? :D

Actually, after I learned how to do it, I was so crazy about it I refused to stop doing it. I guess it's the pride I felt or something but both, mike and his father shook their head when i kept saying "Let's do it again!!!"

Now I have my test next Wednesday. I hope it wont be so ugly outside. I really hope I will be able to take that test :)

Thank you for thinking of me :) Can u do it again in 9 days? ;)

Removal of conditions...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are plain adorable !!!

And I will definitely think of you again in 9 days' time!

Speaking of driving, we're expecting heavier snow showers tomorrow. Because my biometrics appt is downtown, and hubby works just 2 blocks away from the ASC, he suggested last night that I leave with him in the morning. He can take me to my appointment and then take me to work. I think he remembered how I hate driving in the snow. :lol:

I am really a lump of chicken poop when it comes to driving on the interstate and in anything heavier than moderate rain. LOL.

Actually, after I learned how to do it, I was so crazy about it I refused to stop doing it. I guess it's the pride I felt or something but both, mike and his father shook their head when i kept saying "Let's do it again!!!"

Now I have my test next Wednesday. I hope it wont be so ugly outside. I really hope I will be able to take that test :)

Thank you for thinking of me :) Can u do it again in 9 days? ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are plain adorable !!!

And I will definitely think of you again in 9 days' time!

Speaking of driving, we're expecting heavier snow showers tomorrow. Because my biometrics appt is downtown, and hubby works just 2 blocks away from the ASC, he suggested last night that I leave with him in the morning. He can take me to my appointment and then take me to work. I think he remembered how I hate driving in the snow. :lol:

I am really a lump of chicken poop when it comes to driving on the interstate and in anything heavier than moderate rain. LOL.

Well that was very nice of him! I guess he's more understanding than my hubby. Mine tries to make me get over it :) I don't have a choice. He doesn't work anywhere close to where I work and he knows I will have to get there somehow. I really hate snow. If it's not sliding it's spinning. If it's not spinning it's too slow. Grrrrrrrr....

So you have your biometrics tomorrow? That's pretty cool :) Nothing special but it's painless :)

Removal of conditions...

Timeline

I hate snow too. I have skidded on black ice as well. Nothing serious but I couldn't get out for a few mins after that. Had to burn some rubber before I could move out of the patch. lol.

What your hubby is doing is a good thing! Forces you to be independent. My hubby is soft-hearted sometimes. I just need to whine softly and he will go, "Oh, ok. Let me do it." But only sometimes. At other times he doesn't fall for it. :lol:

Ya, I have my biometrics at 11 this morning. This is for my I-751 (removing conditions). I hope it will go as fast as my AOS biometrics 2 years ago. Usually the Indianapolis ASC is not too busy. *fingers crossed*

Well that was very nice of him! I guess he's more understanding than my hubby. Mine tries to make me get over it :) I don't have a choice. He doesn't work anywhere close to where I work and he knows I will have to get there somehow. I really hate snow. If it's not sliding it's spinning. If it's not spinning it's too slow. Grrrrrrrr....

So you have your biometrics tomorrow? That's pretty cool :) Nothing special but it's painless :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Don't worry about a thing. My husband passes his driving test last week Monday while it was snowing and he doesn't speak much English. He just kind of made out the key words the testing lady was telling him, like right, left, light, stop sign, etc. and that was it. No parallel parking at all, I don't think they ask to see that much anymore.

The lady was a total witch but bottom line is he passed. So you should be ok.

Good luck!

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Hey Aubger, I just went to see your timeline and read your consulate interview story. Wow. What a mean lady you got at the consulate! :blink:

how did your biometrics go? I hope it was a smooth ride ;)

yeah the interview wasn't one of the most pleasant experiences of my life. Even approved I got out of there crying because they were so mean. Anyways...I'm here with my hubby and everything will be fine :)

Removal of conditions...

Don't worry about a thing. My husband passes his driving test last week Monday while it was snowing and he doesn't speak much English. He just kind of made out the key words the testing lady was telling him, like right, left, light, stop sign, etc. and that was it. No parallel parking at all, I don't think they ask to see that much anymore.

The lady was a total witch but bottom line is he passed. So you should be ok.

Good luck!

Diana

Wow...well I'm glad to hear some positive stories. So far I've heard so many failure stories it's not even funny. :) I hope I'll be lucky ennough to pass the first time.

Thank you for wishing me luck...one more week...one more week

Removal of conditions...

Timeline

Biometrics was a breeze. We showed up 30 mins early but they processed me in 10. And it was the same lady who took my biometrics for AOS 2 years ago. She's a real hoot. Made me laugh with her stories. :)

And don't worry about your driving test next week, ok? I am very sure you'll ace it.

Oh and before I forget to mention this: I have never parallel parked even once in the last 1½ years after I got my driver's license. I've also never reverse parked. LOL.

how did your biometrics go? I hope it was a smooth ride ;)

yeah the interview wasn't one of the most pleasant experiences of my life. Even approved I got out of there crying because they were so mean. Anyways...I'm here with my hubby and everything will be fine :)

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Good luck on the driving test. I think the actual test was not as bad as I thought it would be - I was nervous too.

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

I DID IT!!!! I DID IT!!!! I DID IT!!!!

Thank you all so much for the encouragement. It meant the world to me!

Congrats! :dance:

Lol...thank you...Tomorrow is a highway morning...now you can imagine ME screaming!!!! :)

Removal of conditions...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations!!!!

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.