Martin11581

Case Complete AT NVC

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

HI,

Well today i called and i got the following message

Case Complete:

"... your Case was completed on 01/09/2008...Please allow 8 weeks for further instructions..."

I am filing for my wife. She is in PERU. I am a born USC. Now what happens? Is the interview the step step? How long before i know? Does the NVC schedule the date or does the paperwork have to go to the embassy in PERu first?

Is there a window of a certain amount of interviews given every month?

Can someone help me with answers as i cant seem to find it on here. I am searching and searching but nothing :'(

YES i know, i have to do my timeline, I will do it soon :-)

BTW i filed my i-130 on 04/23/2007

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Peru

Marriage : 11/25/2006

I-130 Sent : 2007-04-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-05-24

I-130 Approved : 2007-10-16

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-01-09

NVC Left : 01/29/2008

Med appt: 03/03/2008

Interview Date : 03/17/2008

Visa Received : 03/24/2008

US Entry : 03/27/2008 TICKET BOUGHT

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 146 days from your filing date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The next step is to wait for Packet 3. Both you and your wife will get it. From what I can tell from the majority of these VJers, it take about 5 weeks for Packet 3 to arrive.

Another option is to keep calling the NVC automated message service and listen for the next message, "your case was transferred..."

Hang in there!

Timeline
The next step is to wait for Packet 3. Both you and your wife will get it. From what I can tell from the majority of these VJers, it take about 5 weeks for Packet 3 to arrive.

Another option is to keep calling the NVC automated message service and listen for the next message, "your case was transferred..."

Hang in there!

What is in Packet 3?? Is it the interview? I was told by the NVC operator that the interview is scheduled by NVC and not PERU.

Anyone have info on this?

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

What is in Packet 3?? Is it the interview? I was told by the NVC operator that the interview is scheduled by NVC and not PERU.

Anyone have info on this?

I would suggest you read this

It will help you understand

Good Luck

Removal of conditions...

Hang in there!

Packet 3 is the DS-230!!

You mean Packet 4.. The Interview Packet..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hang in there!

Packet 3 is the DS-230!!

You mean Packet 4.. The Interview Packet..

I beleive that Packet 3 will point you to fill out an online DS-230 form. The form is at http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/. It also contain a list of US approved panel doctors in the area for medical check which you would need to make an appointment with.

You're right about packet 4. It normally contain the actual date of the interview and a list of what other documents you need to bring to the interview.

You're right about packet 4. It normally contain the actual date of the interview and a list of what other documents you need to bring to the interview.

The embassy info is very helpful Every embassy is a bit different and if he goes to Peru he can see exactly what contents there are in both, package 3 and 4

Removal of conditions...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

The interview is scheduled by the Embassy and takes place at the Embassy in Lima, Peru.

You can call the Embassy in about 10 business days to see if they have received the package from the NVC and if an interview date has been scheduled.

Edited by MandR

K-1 Adventure

9/04 - 2/06

Met in Peru, Engaged, Successful I-129F, K-1 interview and Married

AOS / EAD / AP and Remove Condition

3/06/06 - AOS/EAD/AP process begins

3/31/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package Fed Ex'd to Chicago

4/03/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package signed & received

4/10/06 - NOA1's received for AOS, EAD and AP via U.S. Mail

4/11/06 - All 3 checks cashed / $745.00 poorer but worth every penny

4/27/06 - Receive Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for 5/11/06

5/11/06 - Biometrics completed

6/02/06 - Receive notice that AOS only has been transferred to California to speed things along

6/07/06 - E-mail that AOS received in California

6/13/06 - Welcome letter mailed by California... yeah baby

6/17/06 - Official welcome letter received and card will arrive within 3 weeks

6/19/06 - Card arrived in the mail.......

3/08/07 - Trip back to Peru for 10 days and our Religous Wedding

3/2007 - We're Pregnant

12/19/07 - Sebastien Joshua born 8:29am 7lbs 2oz 19.5"

3/14/08 - I-751 Removing Condition is in the mail

3/20/08 - Checked cashed

3/17/08 - I-751 Package signed and received

3/24/08 - Case moved to Vermont

4/17/08 - Biometrics completed

4/21/08 - Touched...........

6/16/08 - Touched once again........

11/3/08 - Touched again.. this is begining to feel good

Timeline
The interview is scheduled by the Embassy and takes place at the Embassy in Lima, Peru.

You can call the Embassy in about 10 business days to see if they have received the package from the NVC and if an interview date has been scheduled.

Ok now i am totally confused!! LOL

NVC told me one thing and now you telling something else :'(

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Martin,

I'm not sure - but I suspect when MandR did their IR1/CR1 that peru was not an 'appointment post'.

Earlier this year several consulates became appointment posts, Peru may have changed over at that point.

See details for peru here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

This indicates that it is an appointment post and that the NVC does the scheduling.

We are going through a post (Montreal) which is also an appointment post. The procedure is that the NVC schedules the interview with the consulate (normally during the second week of the month). So basically you call them that week and hopefully you have been scheduled.

They will then forward your file to the consulate and you will also receive a letter from NVC, it will include your interview date and consulate specific information for Peru.

I'm not sure what all the talk is about a 'Packet 3'. There is no packet three for an IR1/CR1 visa when the person has applied directly to USCIS in the U.S. (vs direct consular filing) - it is basically:

I-130 petition sent to USCIS

USCIS to NVC

All documents and forms sent to NVC

NVC schedules interview for beneficiary (for appointment posts)

NVC sends letter to petitioner and beneficiary advising interview date and details

NVC forwards file to the consulate

Timeline

Hi Martin,

I'm not sure - but I suspect when MandR did their IR1/CR1 that peru was not an 'appointment post'.

Earlier this year several consulates became appointment posts, Peru may have changed over at that point.

See details for peru here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

This indicates that it is an appointment post and that the NVC does the scheduling.

We are going through a post (Montreal) which is also an appointment post. The procedure is that the NVC schedules the interview with the consulate (normally during the second week of the month). So basically you call them that week and hopefully you have been scheduled.

They will then forward your file to the consulate and you will also receive a letter from NVC, it will include your interview date and consulate specific information for Peru.

I'm not sure what all the talk is about a 'Packet 3'. There is no packet three for an IR1/CR1 visa when the person has applied directly to USCIS in the U.S. (vs direct consular filing) - it is basically:

I-130 petition sent to USCIS

USCIS to NVC

All documents and forms sent to NVC

NVC schedules interview for beneficiary (for appointment posts)

NVC sends letter to petitioner and beneficiary advising interview date and details

NVC forwards file to the consulate

THANKS!!! So i guess if i am not scheduled for an interview this week, then i have to wait until next month which in turn could mean my interview would be for MARCH most likely?

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
THANKS!!! So i guess if i am not scheduled for an interview this week, then i have to wait until next month which in turn could mean my interview would be for MARCH most likely?

You're welcome and yes that is correct.

Here is the thing though. It has happened many times (at least with Canadians) where we call and they say that 'scheduling has been completed for the month' - during the 2nd week.

I was told this last month, on the Friday I was told scheduling was complete, call back in January.

So I call back on the Monday - I got a very nice very helpful operator. She actually looked (you could tell she was looking up something) and then said that they were not actually finished and I should call back Wednesday (3rd week of the month). I did and his interview was scheduled for February.

So the thing to know is just because they say they are done, doesn't mean they really are and it is worth calling back the following week.

Good luck for getting a speedy interview.

Timeline

i dont want to wait much longer, If i dont get an interview, i will just go to peru to be with my wifey for 2 or 3 days and go back again for the interview again. You cant imagine how muchi i miss her :'(

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Wow.. Sorry to hear that..

Got my Case Complete last week and got my Interview date yesterday..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I had my interview at the Embassy in Lima 1 month after our case was complete at NVC, I never got the package 3 or 4, so I had to call to the embassy and they told me the date and the hour and also gave me instructions on what to bring with me that day. This place was a big help also.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.