stillwaitingNohio

One mor elittle question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi again,

I had another question come to mind that I wanted to pose to the forum....I am a college student, with minimal income. I do have quite a bit in assests saved, however since I a full-time student, I have no real "income". I know that there is a responsibility to show proof of financial ability to support you fiance. Does anyone think that this could be an issue?

Also, my fiance wants to study here in America as soon as possible after the wedding. Does anyone know the specifics about when she would become a "resident" for financial aid purposes?

Thanks again!

Zeb

I'm not sure of all the ins and outs of it as I haven't been through it just yet and I am not in your situation (I am also in work which makes it hard to investigate here!!) but I do know that if you are below the 125% poverty line then you will need a co-sponsor when you fill in the I-134 (is that right?)

Apologies for not being more specific!! It shouldn't have any real bearing on your application though unless you can't find a co-sponsor :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Getting a sponsor would be the safe way to go. I think if you have assets then it has to be 125% of the poverty line for a certain number of years ie 2 years would by 125% multiplied by 2 although again this may be incorrect so hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

My husband is actually starting classes tonight at our local college and he received financial aid. (pell grant and student loan) As soon as your fiance gets her green card, she will be eligible for financial aid.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

You must make 125% over the poverty level for your household size.

Click HERE for the chart of the %.

Also click HERE for more information about the affidavit of support and all supporting documents. Also has information about co-sponsors and assets.

Best of luck :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Hi again,

I had another question come to mind that I wanted to pose to the forum....I am a college student, with minimal income. I do have quite a bit in assests saved, however since I a full-time student, I have no real "income". I know that there is a responsibility to show proof of financial ability to support you fiance. Does anyone think that this could be an issue?

Also, my fiance wants to study here in America as soon as possible after the wedding. Does anyone know the specifics about when she would become a "resident" for financial aid purposes?

Thanks again!

Zeb

HI1

if you cannot provide any proof aof support you need to name a sponsor(this could be your mother for example!), otherwise, you may have troubles at the conulate!

Sorry!

Good luck!

.png

UURI.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Ok thanks all for the responses. It should not be a problem for me to find a co-sponser, as both of parents are gainfully employed and relatively finacially stable. I am also financially stable, but I just think that I would have difficulty proving it to the government due to the lack of actual "income". Take care, and good luck to all of you!

Zeb

Hi again,

Thanks again!

Zeb

HI1

if you cannot provide any proof aof support you need to name a sponsor(this could be your mother for example!), otherwise, you may have troubles at the conulate!

Sorry!

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.