christinejohn

Enquiries

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hello all,

The wait and the fact that my husband and I have been apart for 8 months without seing each other adds to the immigration process burdden.

Of course we get our ups and downs because of it.

Anyways my husband wen to an apointment using the Infopass and was told to go back since he was a few days away from the 180 days and that is was not the time to make such apointments and make them lose their time...

He calls USCIS regularly also and is being told to wait 30 days to call back...

He contacted the congressman and apparently something was done because our file was touched three days ina row before going back to sleep again.

Now my husband resents me telling me that it's because of me pushing him to make those calls that our file is being delayed. He beleives each time he calls or when he had the congressman look into it that they put it back further down the file.

Do you think could be right and most of all do you think my husband should turn his resentment against me?

Well I know you aren't therapists but maybe you encounter the same kind of problems.

Thank you for your advice and shared experience.

Christine.

Christine & John

Met October 2002 in Australia.

04/07/07 Wedding in New Caledonia.

.png

I-130:

05/24/07 I-130 sent to CSC

06/27/07 NOA 1

03/10/08 NOA 2

Our I-130 was approved in 291 days from our filing date.

I-129F:

08/22/07 I-129F sent to CSC

09/04/07 NOA 1

03/10/08 NOA 2

Our I-129F was approved in 201 days from our filing date.

Children's I-130:

01/26/08 I-130 sent to CSC

02/20/08 NOA 1

09/10/08 NOA 2 for two of the children.

09/12/08 NOA 2 for the third child.

03/31/08 Arrival in the U.S.

AOS:

I-485, G-325A, I-765, I-131.

05/29/08 AOS sent for Christine and the children.

06/10/2008 NOA 1

07/01/2008 Biometrics

07/18, 23 and 25/08 Physicals

08/30/08 Employment Authorisation (valid for 1 year)

08/30/08 Authorisation for Parole

11/19/08 SSN (valid for work only)

12/04/08 Initial Interview appointment / Rescheduling requested

02/03/09 Interview appointment / very easy, very nice officer, not too many questions, our evidences were enough

02/03/09 Green Card granted for the four of us

02/16/09 Green Cards arrived in the mail

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well sorry to hear the troubles but yes i think most going through this process has had some sorta problem. it stinks but you have to stay strong and it isnt easy for your husband either to be apart from his wife. and dealing with the goverment isnt easy they will do what they want at the pace they want to do it they dont care about the people but looking at all the updates on your timeline it wont be long just hang in there and be supportive.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...dicator-q-and-a

if you read this it might help about half way he talks about congressional inquiry

Filed: Timeline

No, or mine would have been sunk into the dark pits of hell. What happens though, with the 130/129F, is that the 129F timelines are the ones to watch, they'll kick your approval out with the rest of the K1's/K3's that were filed at the same time, and your 130 will probably be a little late, because of the delay between petition filing.

Its normal for the relationship to have up and down swings during this separation process. We learned a couple months into it not to take the frustration of waiting out on each other but it's happened, from both sides.

Best of luck to the two of you

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello all,

The wait and the fact that my husband and I have been apart for 8 months without seing each other adds to the immigration process burdden.

Of course we get our ups and downs because of it.

Anyways my husband wen to an apointment using the Infopass and was told to go back since he was a few days away from the 180 days and that is was not the time to make such apointments and make them lose their time...

He calls USCIS regularly also and is being told to wait 30 days to call back...

He contacted the congressman and apparently something was done because our file was touched three days ina row before going back to sleep again.

Now my husband resents me telling me that it's because of me pushing him to make those calls that our file is being delayed. He beleives each time he calls or when he had the congressman look into it that they put it back further down the file.

Do you think could be right and most of all do you think my husband should turn his resentment against me?

Well I know you aren't therapists but maybe you encounter the same kind of problems.

Thank you for your advice and shared experience.

Christine.

Being patient and simply waiting is extremely difficult but frankly, there's really nothing you can do to speed up the process when any US Government agency's work on your case remains within their guidelines for time. From filing to petition approval is the hardest time for most of us, simply because there's nothing we can do. Trying to do something and failing just adds to the difficulty.

I don't think your the inquiries have added to your timeline but from what you say, the discussions about them have not been good for your relationship. I suggest you and your husband find other things to talk about, like planning your lives together or preparing for your interview. Maybe another visit could be arranged. Something positive to look forward to and plan for helps relieve stress.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Thank you all for your advice and help.

It's not easy and I know you all go through the same.

Happy New Year to you all and I hope you all get approved soon.

Christine & John

Met October 2002 in Australia.

04/07/07 Wedding in New Caledonia.

.png

I-130:

05/24/07 I-130 sent to CSC

06/27/07 NOA 1

03/10/08 NOA 2

Our I-130 was approved in 291 days from our filing date.

I-129F:

08/22/07 I-129F sent to CSC

09/04/07 NOA 1

03/10/08 NOA 2

Our I-129F was approved in 201 days from our filing date.

Children's I-130:

01/26/08 I-130 sent to CSC

02/20/08 NOA 1

09/10/08 NOA 2 for two of the children.

09/12/08 NOA 2 for the third child.

03/31/08 Arrival in the U.S.

AOS:

I-485, G-325A, I-765, I-131.

05/29/08 AOS sent for Christine and the children.

06/10/2008 NOA 1

07/01/2008 Biometrics

07/18, 23 and 25/08 Physicals

08/30/08 Employment Authorisation (valid for 1 year)

08/30/08 Authorisation for Parole

11/19/08 SSN (valid for work only)

12/04/08 Initial Interview appointment / Rescheduling requested

02/03/09 Interview appointment / very easy, very nice officer, not too many questions, our evidences were enough

02/03/09 Green Card granted for the four of us

02/16/09 Green Cards arrived in the mail

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.