Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

A bunch of us TSC transferees got that letter with the word "approved" on the top too. It doesn't mean you are approved.

See our discussion on the subject starting here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...08764&st=30

and scroll down to tweety's post #38 where she first reports getting said letter.

Cassie, thanks for the lead - I thought that was too good to be true. But one can always hope :whistle:

I'll have to call the 800-line anyways. On the original NOA, there was a typo in my last name. At fingerprinting, I asked the lady to correct it - which she did on their system. The NOA I just received still has the same error. How anyone manages to make a mistake in the removal of conditions, which should be linked to the original AOS paperwork, is beyond me :angry::angry: My 2-yr card did not have any errors. I am aftraid if they send a card with the wrong spelling, that it will take them another year to correct that.....After all, this is the USCIS!

Removal of Conditions - Nebraska Service Center

2/23/07 I-751 Notice date

3/23/07 NOA received (typo in name)

3/29/07 Biometric appointment received. Requested rescheduling

4/05/07 Second biometrics appointment received

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/19/07 Case status updated

2/23/08 Petition Congressman - no additional info.

3/03/08 Infopass in Chicago (12-mo extension)

3/19/08 Petition Senator's office

4/01/08 Case transferred - to an unspecified "USCIS office" (e-mail)

4/12/08 Letter - transferred to CSC on 3/27/2008. (typo in name)

4/22/08 Current Status: Card production ordered

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

4/26/08 Card arrives (with typo in name)

4/28/08 Card sent back via registered post (mistake to use Reg Post!)

5/05/08 Package delivered at Laguna Niguel, CA

10/02/08 Corrected 10-yr card issued

I-485

03/10/05 AOS interview in Chicago. Conditional PR (2-yr).

03/17/05 CPR card arrives in the mail

AOS thru Chicago DO (from non-immigrant visa category)

7/08/04 Mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765

7/20/04 Fingerprints/biometrics completed.

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
A bunch of us TSC transferees got that letter with the word "approved" on the top too. It doesn't mean you are approved.

See our discussion on the subject starting here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...08764&st=30

and scroll down to tweety's post #38 where she first reports getting said letter.

Cassie, thanks for the lead - I thought that was too good to be true. But one can always hope :whistle:

I'll have to call the 800-line anyways. On the original NOA, there was a typo in my last name. At fingerprinting, I asked the lady to correct it - which she did on their system. The NOA I just received still has the same error. How anyone manages to make a mistake in the removal of conditions, which should be linked to the original AOS paperwork, is beyond me :angry::angry: My 2-yr card did not have any errors. I am aftraid if they send a card with the wrong spelling, that it will take them another year to correct that.....After all, this is the USCIS!

If I would be you I will call them every day until they recognize you and learn how to spell your name

Don't wait for the new card to arrive just to see the mistake

Good luck

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Makes you wonder what the hell these USCIS people do all day.

May 27, 2009: N-400 Window Opens

June 2, 2008: N-400 Sent

June 3, 2008: N-400 Received at Nebraska Service Center

June 13, 2008: NOA1

June 16, 2008: Biometrics letter

June 24th, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

July 7th, 2008: Called FBI, verified that biometrics check has been completed and returned to USCIS

August 26th, 2008: N-400 Interview Passed

September 18th, 2008: Swearing in, Billings Montana

Send Expedited 14-day passport paperwork???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Read that http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...08764&st=30 thread, reads more like the mass media so-called news stations that give 1% facts and 99% speculation, but by the so-called experts. If APPROVED means anything, Nebraska cashed our checks and didn't return the I-751 applications.

The only conclusive thing about this I-797C is that our cases are officially in Vermont or California and at least, hopefully, Nebraska or Texas did not lose them. Key word is processing, are they being processed or sitting on a new shelve in another state? It's still confusing exactly what your application date is as compared to the advertised processing date and are they really using FIFO! (First in, First Out).

Another key word is patience, I can be patient if it doesn't make any difference, but having a valid green card makes a huge difference as to what one can and cannot do.

Ha, someone at the USCIS wrote that trivial civic quiz for US citizenship, but did they read presumption of innocence from the 5th, 6th and 14th amendments? The I-751 states you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent with the main penalty directed at the US citizen spouse. Kind of contradicts these amendments.

What is the most important right granted to US citizens? The right to vote, so if this is so important why are elections held on a Tuesday and not even postponed due to tornado or severe winter blizzards when everything else is closed down? With the electoral system, candidates are already selected in primaries even before our state gets a chance to vote, so why vote? And with winner take all in the big states, your couple of delegates in your smaller states don't make a bit of difference. Most important thing to us is to stop being blackmailed by a foreign country to keep a valid USA required foreign passport. Only congress has the right to declare war? Was I forced to fight in an illegal war? No sense in taking that to the supreme court when only five of the nine executive appointed judges have to rule against that.

But what disturbs me most about this I-751 process is they are not treating us as a family, but isolating my wife and daughter, my signature was at the bottom of that I-751 application, and in any business transaction, it's only the bottom signature that counts. But I am treated as an outsider, hey, this is my family you are talking about!!!! And what about my rights?

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well we just got back from the Cleveland office and she would only stamp his passport for 90 days because according to her computer he was approved on April 12th (a Saturday????) and card production was ordered. I have not gotten an email on that, nor does it say that online. So she better be right, if we have to go back down there in July for another stamp, I'm going to be pissed.

I got this email, anyone else approved recently get the same? I assume this means they sent just a letter.

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN***

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On April 12, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

I-751 sent to NSC: 01/--/07

NOA1: 01/25/07

Biometrics: 02/23/07

Tick..tock

Contacted congressman, ombudsman late March

Got 1 yr stamp and case moved to CSC: 04/02/08

Approved: 04/08/08. Done with USCIS for a few years. :)

Card received: 04/14/08

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Well we just got back from the Cleveland office and she would only stamp his passport for 90 days because according to her computer he was approved on April 12th (a Saturday????) and card production was ordered. I have not gotten an email on that, nor does it say that online. So she better be right, if we have to go back down there in July for another stamp, I'm going to be pissed.

ooh, I hope it's true :thumbs:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Just got my card in the post today. Finally done..for now.

I-751 sent to NSC: 01/--/07

NOA1: 01/25/07

Biometrics: 02/23/07

Tick..tock

Contacted congressman, ombudsman late March

Got 1 yr stamp and case moved to CSC: 04/02/08

Approved: 04/08/08. Done with USCIS for a few years. :)

Card received: 04/14/08

Since we received the letters that indicates that our cases are in CALIFORNIA< shoud we start calling CSSC since they are processing 09/2007 and mine is 06/2007 so obviously i a m out of processing time, Or would that be a stupid mistake, please help,

Timeline
Since we received the letters that indicates that our cases are in CALIFORNIA< shoud we start calling CSSC since they are processing 09/2007 and mine is 06/2007 so obviously i a m out of processing time, Or would that be a stupid mistake, please help,

Is it you don't try until you know, or is it you try to learn? My guess it is that if you don't try, you will never know. :devil:Risk it!

Well I just got the letter saturday that my application was transfered to California to speed processing, and As far I can tell it looks like they are doing the trasfer of NSC with time frame of MARCH 2007 , I will wait until the end of the mounth if noting I will call , hopefully they will get to june 2007 by that time

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

No. If it is anything like what is going on with the TSC transferees, it'll take about 3 weeks for you to get the "your case is currently pending at the office to which it has been transferred", another little bit while they clear their desks of the CSC cases they were working on, then attack the transferee pile. And my bet is that the next set of processing times will see the CSC processing time shift backwards a bit to include the times of the transferees so you won't be able to call due to you being past the posted processing dates.

And aren't CSC transferees getting approvals already, or are my eyes deceiving me? If that's the case, I wouldn't worry too much.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Hello,

Just wanted everybody know that I have N-400 interview scheduled on June 26th.

My I-751 is still pending at Nebraska.............. :dead: I guess is takes 2 months to process naturalization application and 15 months I-751.

Thanks everybody for support!

Danutuke

Timeline

We got another I-797C today urging my wife to get her fingerprints ASAP, but with floating dates for an FBI background check. Hmmm FBI checks on fingerprints for her I-485, for her I-751, and now for her N-400.

Read about people on the web that received their US citizenship before they got their new green cards, that may happen to us, and if it does, do we get a refund on our I-751 application? :devil:

Seems like the I-751's are in never neverland. :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.