Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

Congrats to Dee and Peter, I'm so excited (look who's after you in the list!!!) :yes:

All posts are based on my experience and the law may have changed, or situations may be different, any information provided should be taken as a guideline and not as fact.

VISA: K1

Check My Timeline for full details

Time from sending I-129F to I-485 approval 448 days!

-----------------------------------------

I-751 Sent 2007-01-11

I-751 Received at NSC 2007-01-17

NOA Received: 2007-02-02

Biometric Interview: 2007-02-15

Touched 2007-03-31

InfoPass 2007-01-22 (No additional news)

InfoPass 2007-03-18 I-551 (12 month) stamp

Case Transfer to CSC 2008-04-02

RFE 2008-04-11

Card Ordered 2008-05-14

Card Received 2008-06-01

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Dee and Peter, I'm so excited (look who's after you in the list!!!) :yes:

Hehe, and I'm right behing you guys!

CONGRATS to Dee & Peter!! :thumbs:

I can already smell my Greencard... it's just around the corner... I know it!

Interesting "break" in the processing dates though, there were quite a few people "skipped". but I guess they work randomly anyway... hm.

I-130:

04-05-2004: I-130 NOA1 (NSC)

11-09-2004: I-130 NOA2 (CSC)

11-23-2004: NVC assigns Case Number

12-07-2004: I-864 fee to NVC

12-10-2004: DS 3032 to NVC

01-10-2005: IV fee to NVC

01-17-2005: I-864 to NVC

02-14-2005: DS 230 to NVC

03-04-2005: Case Complete!

03-09-2005: Case forwarded to Frankfurt

04-12-2005: Interview in Frankfurt

04-15-2005: VISA ARRIVES!

04-22-2005: FLIGHT HOME TO CHICAGO!

I-751:

01-31-2007: I-751 sent to Nebraska Service Center

02-01-2007: I-751 Received at PO Box (per USPS notification)

02-02-2007: NOA Date

02-23-2007: NOA & Biometrics appointment received in mail

03-02-2007: Biometrics appt

04-01-2008: CRIS emails with info that case was transferred. A-ha!

04-07-2008: 1 yr. I-551 stamp received @Chicago CIS office

04-12-2008: Approved - Card production ordered!!!

Wait, you need to have a travel itinerary to get an extension stamp? I have no plans to travel anywhere but have an appt in Chicago to get an extension stamp next week. Will this be denied to me?

Well, the guy did not really make sense today. He asked why I was there, I said because both my GC and Ext.letter are expiring next week. He nodded, I was certainly not the only one there with this problem. I then mentioned I will travel soon and he immediately wanted to see details. He took my itenerary (and just that.) and vanished to the back for about 5 minutes. Then he came back, and I said that I have another trip planned in August. Then he said "oh, doesn't matter, we will stamp for 1 year anyway". :wacko:

So no I don't think you have to have any travel plans. I bet you'll get your stamp anyway.

Good luck!

I-130:

I-751:

Yep, I am among the "a few people" they skipped. So I ran to the mail box to see if I got a letter for interview. Nope, I just got a letter from the ombudsman's office telling me my case status is still pending and since it is within normal processing time, they can't help me. Nothing I can do now other than wait.

Yes, Peter T. Theorectically speaking I only need the temp I-551 stamp in my passport. But experience tells me I'd better carry everything just in case. Only God knows what ball they are gonna throw at me next time.

Hehe, and I'm right behing you guys!

CONGRATS to Dee & Peter!! :thumbs:

I can already smell my Greencard... it's just around the corner... I know it!

Interesting "break" in the processing dates though, there were quite a few people "skipped". but I guess they work randomly anyway... hm.

... all these documents I have to carry: the expired PRC, the extension letter, and the stamp!

Is the stamp you mentioned a I-551 stamp, in your passport or on a I-94(?) form? Then you wouldn't need to carry the expired PRC and the extension letter with you anymore, the stamp replaces both of them.

The officer who put the stamp in my passport specifically said that I would need the expired green card and the 1yr expired extension letter in order to get through immigration. Maybe you do, maybe you don't. personally I'm not carrying my passport around with me, but I will take it, my GC and my letter when I go to England next month. Although I'm still hoping for my 10yr GC by then.

All posts are based on my experience and the law may have changed, or situations may be different, any information provided should be taken as a guideline and not as fact.

VISA: K1

Check My Timeline for full details

Time from sending I-129F to I-485 approval 448 days!

-----------------------------------------

I-751 Sent 2007-01-11

I-751 Received at NSC 2007-01-17

NOA Received: 2007-02-02

Biometric Interview: 2007-02-15

Touched 2007-03-31

InfoPass 2007-01-22 (No additional news)

InfoPass 2007-03-18 I-551 (12 month) stamp

Case Transfer to CSC 2008-04-02

RFE 2008-04-11

Card Ordered 2008-05-14

Card Received 2008-06-01

Congrats to Dee and Peter, good luck for every one.

Thank you so much for all the support gang!!! Congrats Peter. We will keep supporting each other and giving each other a pat in the back.. Don't give up hope.

Filed: Timeline

am i mistaken... im sure the time for processing the I751 went up, when I last checked it was December 2006 and now its july 2006... whats going on? I called the helpdesk today and was told that the only reason I would need the stamp is if Im going to leave the US.. does that sounds right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

only reason I would need the stamp is if Im going to leave the US.. does that sounds right?

In our state, (WI), getting your drivers license renewed, keeping your job, and enrolling in a university, and perhaps even prevention from getting deported all depend on having a valid and current green card. They look at an expired green card just like an expired drivers license and say, what in the hell is an extension! Never heard of such a thing, either you are here legally or not! Just like an expired visa!

Several states are cracking down on illegals because they claim they are costing the state a small fortune and either you are here legally or not. It makes sense from their point of view and has caused me problems, even with the extension, first thing I had to do was to find somebody with authority with a degree of intelligence to get my wife's drivers license renewed that is aware of federal law. And spending two hours with my wife's employer legal department proving that we have done everything we can with proof that her case was applied for and is in the processing stage.

We have city, township, county, state, and federal laws to abide for, and many times the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, the states do not have the authority to grant residency nor citizenship, but can deport you or at least make your life miserable in taking counter legal action.

I am getting tired of having to make excuses for the slowness of the USCIS, when they say 90 days maximum it should be 90 days! Either that or change the form. They never asked for additional proof, didn't ask for anything, try and explain that to people of lower authority!

Getting quite a file build up with letters from our governor, congressman, senator, and Ombudsman, perhaps with even more excuses.

Did get a letter from the USCIS regarding the N-400 application with a receipt for payment, and should be notified within 225 days from our local field office to arrange an interview. I hope they looked over that 1/2" stack of paper, printed on both sides of the additional proof they required.

Suppose I can send another letter to Ombudsman and ask them why they thing our case is in Nebraska, even at that, they never explained why Nebraska changed the dates from February 10, 2007 to July 05, 2006. And it is not first come first served.

The officer who put the stamp in my passport specifically said that I would need the expired green card and the 1yr expired extension letter in order to get through immigration. Maybe you do, maybe you don't. personally I'm not carrying my passport around with me, but I will take it, my GC and my letter when I go to England next month. Although I'm still hoping for my 10yr GC by then.

Yeah, I think we're better off travelling with EVERYTHING. The guy I saw yesterday said I can leave everything at home because Greencard and Ext.Letter are expired anyway, so they won't do me any good. He said all I need is the stamp in my passport. Well :)

And he also put 'PENDING I_751" in huge letters above the stamp, too. I doubt flight attendants know what that means?! Probably doesn't matter, since the stamp is there.

Forgot to mention by the way, he stamped for 1 year starting yesterday and ending on 4/6/09 (instead of 4/22 which is when my extension letter expires). Not that it makes a huge difference.. :blink:

I-130:

I-751:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Our extension notice (I-797C) is worthless without the expired permanent resident card, and in logical progression, that I-555 stamp that extends the extension notice would be worthless without that extension notice and the expired permanent resident card. If we have to go in for the stamp, not leaving there without bringing out all three. And if the I-751's are not processed during that extra one year of delay time, what then? You have nothing.

I saw the form for getting a replacement green card, but nothing on there about replacing an expired green card, and really the only salvation from getting deported if everything else fails.

Wrote to Ombudsman again this morning, not happy with their reply, with a question, just like a drivers' license is issued, why can't they give people like us the full ten year card, and if they are not happy with the I-751 proof, then they have reason to pull that card, just like if you break the law with a valid drivers' license. Doesn't our US Constitution presume innocence until proven guilty? Not the other way around.

Also pointed out that I as a US born citizen and a veteran of a foreign is making the inquiry and expect a reply made to me, not to my wife. This is my family I am trying to protect.

Got approved today, hope a few others similar to my timeline did also (NOA was Jan 25, 07). :D

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN**

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On April 8, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

I-751 sent to NSC: 01/--/07

NOA1: 01/25/07

Biometrics: 02/23/07

Tick..tock

Contacted congressman, ombudsman late March

Got 1 yr stamp and case moved to CSC: 04/02/08

Approved: 04/08/08. Done with USCIS for a few years. :)

Card received: 04/14/08

Anybody else from January 2007 got approved, God I hope they go all the way to June2007 so they can approve mine, So it looks like they started with January applications that were received from Nebraska, Hopefully they keep approving them fast, I keep checking my case online in uSCIS website like 15 times a day!!!! The last touch was 04/03/08 so probably they won't come back to it soon, I don't think we were sent all the same time,

Yay, congrats, Ruairi! My NOA was the same day. I am hoping to hear from them soon!

Got approved today, hope a few others similar to my timeline did also (NOA was Jan 25, 07). :D

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN**

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On April 8, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Same here. I check my online status and this forum like every hour. My NOA was 1/25/07. I didn't see any change today. Kinda disappointed. Good luck with yours.

Anybody else from January 2007 got approved, God I hope they go all the way to June2007 so they can approve mine, So it looks like they started with January applications that were received from Nebraska, Hopefully they keep approving them fast, I keep checking my case online in uSCIS website like 15 times a day!!!! The last touch was 04/03/08 so probably they won't come back to it soon, I don't think we were sent all the same time,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.