LuzyC

What you got for Christmas?

105 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nice pics, Scott....is that your wife's new guitar? :D Awesome.

Love the quilt, Mags. :thumbs:

We didn't give each other any gifts...just the kids. We got my 16yr. old, Guitar Hero III for the PS2 and he's playing it right now. :P We've got to take a video of Job playing it...LOL...he really puts a lot of feeling into playing the guitar, even though he misses the notes. Job got a Nintendo DS, but he likes his WWE Smackdown game for PS2 more. I fought him tonight as Ric Flair...he was Mark 'the world's strongest man' Hardy and kicked Ric's butt. :P

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Nice pics, Scott....is that your wife's new guitar? :D Awesome.

Actually, that's her new guitar case :P , here's the guitar:

IMG_8451.jpg

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Besides the normal gifties for Christmas... we were surprised with SNOW.. fist time in 70 years to have measurable amount of snow fall here in Portland Oregon.. whoo hoo... Stella-Xmas2007016.jpg Christmas morning 2007

Stella-Xmas2007069.jpg Stellas first snow

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Stella looks like she's thinking "####### is all this white cold stuff?" :lol: Cool pics!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Besides the normal gifties for Christmas... we were surprised with SNOW.. fist time in 70 years to have measurable amount of snow fall here in Portland Oregon.. whoo hoo... Stella-Xmas2007016.jpg Christmas morning 2007

Stella-Xmas2007069.jpg Stellas first snow

Yes I was surprised by it too. First time in my life I have seen snow in Portland on Christmas day.

My beloved Joy is here, married and pregnant!

Baby due March 28, 2009

Filed: Timeline

I'm gonna list everything before my mind goes all fuzzy..... getting old sucks.

Mags got me a coffee maker. Not just ANY coffee maker... a grindy coffee maker. lol. Pour in whole beans and drink coffee in a few minutes. It makes excellent coffee.

She also got me: a mantel clock, a Galileo thermometer, a Dilbert desk calendar, a Charlie Brown Xmas book complete with pitiful little tree and Linus blanket (it's awesome!), a set of cat coffee mugs...erm....ok, I'm prolly gonna get in trouble now, cuz that's all I can remember.

Mags got the quilt, the full collection of Angel on DVD (hey, we're dorks!), the bangles, a set of smelly stuff from Boots, a bunch of assorted cat stuff - mostly "primitive" type stuff, and I made a drawer/chest thing for her.

My Mom got us each a $100 Macy's gift card. She gave me a 1939 Mercury Zephyr collectible, Mags some pewter thingie (I didn't even see it, really), and I got a $50 gas card as well.

My "best" present arrived yesterday.... the stomach flu. YAY! I drove to work, puked in the parking lot, sat around looking pitiful until they told me to go home, drove home, went to bed. Except for getting up to puke, I slept from 9:15am yesterday until 3:30am today.

Did you know that if you lick a flag pole when it's cold, it'll stick?

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I got everything on my list: a handheld massager for my back and a body fat scale, also a Sims expansion that wasn't on my list and unfortunately I already had it but hubby didn't know.

Hubby got a guns safe and tennis shoes.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm gonna list everything before my mind goes all fuzzy..... getting old sucks.

Mags got me a coffee maker. Not just ANY coffee maker... a grindy coffee maker. lol. Pour in whole beans and drink coffee in a few minutes. It makes excellent coffee.

She also got me: a mantel clock, a Galileo thermometer, a Dilbert desk calendar, a Charlie Brown Xmas book complete with pitiful little tree and Linus blanket (it's awesome!), a set of cat coffee mugs...erm....ok, I'm prolly gonna get in trouble now, cuz that's all I can remember.

Mags got the quilt, the full collection of Angel on DVD (hey, we're dorks!), the bangles, a set of smelly stuff from Boots, a bunch of assorted cat stuff - mostly "primitive" type stuff, and I made a drawer/chest thing for her.

My Mom got us each a $100 Macy's gift card. She gave me a 1939 Mercury Zephyr collectible, Mags some pewter thingie (I didn't even see it, really), and I got a $50 gas card as well.

My "best" present arrived yesterday.... the stomach flu. YAY! I drove to work, puked in the parking lot, sat around looking pitiful until they told me to go home, drove home, went to bed. Except for getting up to puke, I slept from 9:15am yesterday until 3:30am today.

Did you know that if you lick a flag pole when it's cold, it'll stick?

It sure does stick! I admit- I did that when I was 5 or 6. It was in the schoolyard, middle of winter and I put my tongue on the swing set pole. The bell rang and all the kids were running to the door and I was stuck there. I had no other option but to brace myself and rip it off. It hurt like a MF.

P.S. Sorry you are sick :(

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I finally broke down the first week of December and suggested to my husband to combine the money we would normally spend on each other and put it towards a new laptop computer. The look on his face when I suggested it was priceless, I tell you, it was a mixture of "holy #######! She's actually agreeing with me after 2 years and provided me a feasible way to finance it" combined with "hmm, I'm going to owe her soooo bad, and owe her for soooooo long!!!" :P

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hubby got me a digital photo frame, a hair straightener and a bathrobe. I got him a robe, some pj pants, and lots of candy. Hubby's mom got us a video camera!! We were like... holy #######! We also got: a photo album for our wedding pics, more candy, a Cracker Barrel gift card :) , a Red Lobster gift card (I've never been there yet so YAY), ooh and Super Scrabble and Operation :D

Yesterday we got a transfer to CSC as well, a nice Boxing day surprise (hopefully!).

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Sujeet and I didn't get each other gifts this year. To be honest,we get stuff from family and friends and there was nothing big I need, so we just didn't feel like spending the money. We got a bunch of things from family, things we needed and some fun extra things, and I love it all. We also told each other in the family not to spend a lot this year. No big price tag gifts. Even the baby got a bunch of presents already from my fam and some friends! :star: Very cute stuff.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

I am telling you what, I got spoiled this year! Best part was it was our first Christmas together!

From my hubby I got a diamond necklace, perfume, a camp kitchen, several other wonderful things!

He really went ove board. We both agreed though that this year was different.

From my mummy and dad...I got a hand made pottery baking dish that is simply amazing, Coco Chanel perfume, and a cook book. Chris got a back packing stove and lantern...loads of hiking books! My sister and brother inlaw got me a Pandora Bracelet! Check them out if you are not familiar with them! Really neat!

Hope everyone is enjoying their family and friends this holiday!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!