talita003

Refused entry!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
I haven't posted on here for so long. We filed for the K1 while I was visiting USA. We got the NOA1 while I was still on the same visit. You are from Canada so it should go by fairly quickly. Then when you return to your home country you wait for the interview. NEVER overstay though, not even by a day. Immigration wise, everything worked out fine for us.

Merry Christmas to everybody!!!

I am new here... it's a very good forum.

You are lucky that you filed K1 while you were visiting USA. I am not lucky as you.

I flew to USA on early December to visit my fiancé, when I tried to pass through immigration I was stopped and held for questioning.

The immigration officer verbally harrased me for six hours until he got me to say that I planned on getting married to fiancé [the immigration officer also called my fiancé, asked my email including password and found our emails]

As a fact we would not get married against the law as I have a daughter left in my country and we have desire to do it properly n legally.

It was so cruel the way he discovered it was like to face a criminal!

I don't speak much English so he got me to say what he wanted me to.

She finally withdrew the application to enter the country and returned to my country. My tourist visa was canceled!!! I will be allowed to enter USA after I got appropriate visa.

We have since planned to meet in other country and will apply K1 as soon as we meet.

I am AFRAID that this past incident will hurt the petition.

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ADVICE???? PLEASE HELP ME.... :help::crying::help:

Thank you.

Edited by talita003

Timeline

Thank you.

There are many people who have been refused entry, Talita. It will not hurt the petition unless you have done something illegal. Merry Christmas.

Thank you very much to courage me Krikit... hope everything will be fine!

Cheers, Talita

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you.

There are many people who have been refused entry, Talita. It will not hurt the petition unless you have done something illegal. Merry Christmas.

Hey Talita :)

- First I'd like to say I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through a situation like that, to be at the airport and have to turn back around. I can only imagine how frustrating it should have been.

But everything happens for a reason so just have faith.

And like "Krikit" said above, there are many people who have been refused entry before, and haven't had their K1 process affected. Many of these people are found here on VJ too.

So unless you did something illegally you should be good.

Best of luck and stay faithful! :thumbs:

-Vanessa

Edited by V&Steve

Conditions lifted 10 yr GC in hands since Feb. 2011!

...onto researching and studying to become a U.S Citizen.

Click here for our complete timeline

6Dqdm4.png

Timeline

Thank you.

Hey Talita :)

- First I'd like to say I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through a situation like that, to be at the airport and have to turn back around. I can only imagine how frustrating it should have been.

But everything happens for a reason so just have faith.

And like "Krikit" said above, there are many people who have been refused entry before, and haven't had their K1 process affected. Many of these people are found here on VJ too.

So unless you did something illegally you should be good.

Best of luck and stay faithful! :thumbs:

-Vanessa

Hi Vanessa HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008 n wish you the best.

Thank you for understanding my bad experience n situation. No, I have never done anything ilegally... hope there's no hazzle in future when I get intreview...

Now, I read VJ members experiences so that I can learn from them... n I will keep posting the update...

Once again thank you Vanessa...

[the immigration officer also called my fiancé, asked my email including password and found our emails]

I would never surrender information that personal! Geez..

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I do not think it will harm the K1 as you have not done anything illegal. It is not illegal to visit the USA for pleasure and spend time with your loved one. I know as I was denied a visa and although not started the K1 journey yet, know that my denial will not affect my K1

Keep your chin up and hope you have a good new year

Filed: Timeline

Only somewhat on-topic, but if you haven't done so already, change your email password. Also consider any information in your email to be compromised, so if you had passwords for other accounts in your email, change those as well. Unfortunately some of the people who watch our borders think they are above common decency. Sorry to hear you were harassed so badly. Best of luck to you both!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I know it's their job to protect their border and prevent illegal immigration, but I think in this case it was disgraceful. They've used Talita's lack of good English against her and prevented her entering the country and seeing her fiance. I can't imagaine how awful that must have felt. It seems like those of us who have nothing to hide will have to be more prepared to make sure that we get where we're going okay! Some form of resistance to interrogation training seems to be in order!

Sep/Oct 2006 - We met online randomly, courtesy of Google and Myspace! Became best friends very quickly!

May 2007 - I booked tickets to go see Lauren in AL in November '07

June 2007 - Decided to date online

September 2007 - Fell in love!

November 2007 - I flew to Alabama to meet Lauren for the first time. We spent a PERFECT week together!

April 2008 - Lauren came to stay with me in England for a week!

May 5th 2008 - Mailed our K-1 application

July 31st 2008 - FINALLY received NOA1 (letter)

November 20th 2008 - Visited Lauren in AL for her birthday =D

January 21st 2009 - Received our NOA2 (letter)

February 6th 2009 - Received Packet 3

February 9th 2009 - Sent off Packet 3

February 20th 2009 - Medical

March 5th 2009 - Received Packet 4

March 12th 2009 - Interview - missing co-sponsor I-134 and tax returns! D'oh!

March 17th 2009 - Sent off missing forms and passport to US Embassy via SMS courier

March 23rd 2009 - Passport returned WITH VISA!

April 9th 2009 - Flying to Alabama

UK/N.Ireland Visa Filers - Do you have the NEW ACPO Police Record Certificate? Click Here (VJ Thread) To Learn More! (The old Subject Access Statement won't do any more!)

Read My Interview Review here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.