abrazer07

IMP question regarding I-134

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HI all ,

I really got concerned and want all of your advice on something about finance. MY fiance for USA is applying for K1.Now she has to fill the I-134 for me . I ama bit concerned abot her incoe things. She is self employed and last year income was gorss 30K but but had 22k in deductions..the year before that it was 15K. Now 30K is gross income for 2006. For 2007 it wd be 18k gross.She operated at a loss so didnt have to pay much tax.

NOw she is publishing herbook and she has a sponsor for her book.She has assets with her home and car which wd be 1,30,000. Wd her I-134 be okk ?? She has no dependables ...or we have to look for co sponsor.

Pls help !!!

HI all ,

I really got concerned and want all of your advice on something about finance. MY fiance for USA is applying for K1.Now she has to fill the I-134 for me . I ama bit concerned abot her incoe things. She is self employed and last year income was gorss 30K but but had 22k in deductions..the year before that it was 15K. Now 30K is gross income for 2006. For 2007 it wd be 18k gross.She operated at a loss so didnt have to pay much tax.

NOw she is publishing herbook and she has a sponsor for her book.She has assets with her home and car which wd be 1,30,000. Wd her I-134 be okk ?? She has no dependables ...or we have to look for co sponsor.

Pls help !!!

$130,000 in assets is enough. She should show documentation for income and assets.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
HI all ,

Pls help !!!

$130,000 in assets is enough. She should show documentation for income and assets.

I agree that this is a case for showing income and assets. She'll need to document the assets though, which could mean appraising a home etc.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

HI all ,

Pls help !!!

I agree that this is a case for showing income and assets. She'll need to document the assets though, which could mean appraising a home etc.

So she can pretty show her income for 3 years and tax payments for 3 years and that wd do ?? No need of any cosponsor !!!!

Timeline
HI all ,

Pls help !!!

So she can pretty show her income for 3 years and tax payments for 3 years and that wd do ?? No need of any cosponsor !!!!

No, she'll need to list her assets and document them as well.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

HI all ,

Pls help !!!

I am sorry I really didnt get u ........... she wd list her assets along with her income but what do you mean by document them ?? so we dnt need a cosponsor ??

I am sorry I really didnt get u ........... she wd list her assets along with her income but what do you mean by document them ?? so we dnt need a cosponsor ??

Document them (assets) as in - if a home is owned, you'll need some sort of documentation of this (can't just say "Own $300,000 home") - can use (for home value) things like previous year's property tax assessment, or have a Realtor do a valuation (market analysis) for your home etc. If stocks/bonds are listed, you'll need serial numbers etc. And of course for income, most recent Tax Returns (or IRS transcripts) are ideal documentation. That's documentation. :thumbs:

Timeline

Document them (assets) as in - if a home is owned, you'll need some sort of documentation of this (can't just say "Own $300,000 home") - can use (for home value) things like previous year's property tax assessment, or have a Realtor do a valuation (market analysis) for your home etc. If stocks/bonds are listed, you'll need serial numbers etc. And of course for income, most recent Tax Returns (or IRS transcripts) are ideal documentation. That's documentation. :thumbs:

Yes, I think you do not need a joint sponsor because $3.00 in assets can substitute for $1.00 in income shortfall.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, I think you do not need a joint sponsor because $3.00 in assets can substitute for $1.00 in income shortfall.

I do believe that you need to show 5 times the shortfall between income and 125% to file for AOS. Why shold this be different? Also - the assets must be easily convertable into cash. I dont know if a house qualifies - especially in a housing crisis. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks ..But whats the conclusion then ??? any clues ??? do I or dont I need a cosponsor ......... I am sorry but needed to know ........ pushbrk !! what do u say ???

If she does have $130,000 in assets, she probably wont need a co-sponsor, but she will have to show statements or appraisals to document those assets.

keTiiDCjGVo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.