What are you doing for Christmas

95 posts in this topic

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

We are having our family at our house this year! Our first holiday thing at our house. We have about 11 people coming over, not just family actually. They'll come over around 2pm, we'll eat tons of Italian and other food and desserts, and then hang out for a few hours. It's usually fun! On Christmas Eve we always go to a friend of the family's for finger foods and desserts. (after going to an evening candlelight svc, usually).

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Polish tradition is actually more celebrated on Christmas Eve with a big family dinner, this year it's at my moms house. We start dinner when the first star on the sky appears in the evening. Before the dinner we break a wafer and wish each other good things for the upcoming new year. The Christmas Eve dinner is vegetarian, we don't eat meat until after midnight when Christ is born. After dinner we open presents! :D

This year is extra special, because I'll have my husband with me! :luv: Not only that, but my parents are divorced and haven't been on speaking terms for about 20some yrs. This year they have agreed to have dinner together as one big happy family. God does miracles!

Edited by Nanusia & Lukaszek
12140.gif

Christmas Eve my husband and I are having my parents over for dinner. Then on Christmas morning we are going over to their house for breakfast and champagne and to open presents. Then off to my grandmothers house to sit with about 20 other people in a tiny little living room. I am sure we will eat. I'd love to skip this part this year but it is a must.

Christmas night my husband and I are going to watch a movie and relax on the sofa.

We normally go to a Christmas Eve service but we are skipping it this year.

Edited by ajames79

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: Timeline

Friday night we're going to a friend's Christmas party and I'm sure she'll have finger food and poker or something. Saturday I have Christmas at my mom's house with my stepdad's family. We exchange presents and eat finger food. Sunday evening we have Christmas with my mom's family. There is 26 of us! This year we decided we would not have a big meal like we normally do and just have soup and finger food and lots of desserts. Monday we have Christmas with my mom's extended family. They all get together on Christmas Eve for my great grandmother. There is about 100 people. Then we always go out to eat on Christmas Eve but since my mom works this year I'm not sure if Neil & I will just go with my sister or not. Christmas morning we cook a massive breakfast, make a fire, and open presents. We then rent lots of movies or go see a movie. In the evening I go around to see my younger cousins so they can show me what they got for Christmas. We have a busy few days ahead of us!

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I will be enjoying diviner's sage with my best friends.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Staying at home? Going to a relative's ...friend's? Do you celebrate Christmas in the morning or evening? Planning a big feast?

Just stay home and drive each other crazy! :P

From our family to yours, Merry Christmas ! (F)

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
going to my dad's house for xmas eve and day for lots of danish food! you, mr.?! :D

We've been invited to distance relative of Jinky's who lives in Garden Grove on Christmas Eve. We'll probably eat something easy to prepare on Christmas day and just relax....I'd even consider frozen pizza...lol...but I might try to find some homemade tamales. :)

Staying at home? Going to a relative's ...friend's? Do you celebrate Christmas in the morning or evening? Planning a big feast?

Just stay home and drive each other crazy! :P

From our family to yours, Merry Christmas ! (F)

Merry Christmas, sis! (F)

Friday night we're going to a friend's Christmas party and I'm sure she'll have finger food and poker or something. Saturday I have Christmas at my mom's house with my stepdad's family. We exchange presents and eat finger food. Sunday evening we have Christmas with my mom's family. There is 26 of us! This year we decided we would not have a big meal like we normally do and just have soup and finger food and lots of desserts. Monday we have Christmas with my mom's extended family. They all get together on Christmas Eve for my great grandmother. There is about 100 people. Then we always go out to eat on Christmas Eve but since my mom works this year I'm not sure if Neil & I will just go with my sister or not. Christmas morning we cook a massive breakfast, make a fire, and open presents. We then rent lots of movies or go see a movie. In the evening I go around to see my younger cousins so they can show me what they got for Christmas. We have a busy few days ahead of us!

Amber, you should cut down on all the fingers. :P Sounds busy but in fun and festive way. :yes:

Filed: Timeline

Go 'home' to Ohio for Xmas with the family. :dance: Fly out Sat night - get in Sun morning at 8AM. Brunch on Sunday with my aunt & cousin who are in town, my sis gets in monday. We have dinners booked all week long with friends & other peeps in town for the holidays!

Xmas Eve is drinking & seafood & Italian food (& more drinking) with our good friends & my family (11 of us). Xmas morning is pressies & (maybe) ;) church & brunch. Xmas dinner is at the friend's house with some yummy beef tenderloin.

Edited by devilette

Timeline
Go 'home' to Ohio for Xmas with the family. :dance: Fly out Sat night - get in Sun morning at 8AM. Brunch on Sunday with my aunt & cousin who are in town, my sis gets in monday. We have dinners booked all week long with friends & other peeps in town for the holidays!

Xmas Eve is drinking & seafood & Italian food (& more drinking) with our good friends & my family (11 of us). Xmas morning is pressies & (maybe) ;) church & brunch. Xmas dinner is at the friend's house with some yummy beef tenderloin.

Sounds awesome, Dev. Enjoy your time there! :yes:

I will be enjoying diviner's sage with my best friends.

Is that some kind of brew?

Christmas night my husband and I are going to watch a movie and relax on the sofa.

Sounds like a nice way to spend Christmas evening after all the hoopla. Do you have a fireplace? Throw a log on the fire. :yes:

Timeline
We are having our family at our house this year! Our first holiday thing at our house. We have about 11 people coming over, not just family actually. They'll come over around 2pm, we'll eat tons of Italian and other food and desserts, and then hang out for a few hours. It's usually fun! On Christmas Eve we always go to a friend of the family's for finger foods and desserts. (after going to an evening candlelight svc, usually).

Sounds delicious. I'm sure that baby will enjoy the yummy foods. :yes:

BTW...I think we've settled on a name...Joshua (no more Ozzy) :D

well all those fingers I'm eating will be in preparation for the springtime massacre I'm planning

Yes, I'm thinking that's what Joyce would recommend...to work your stomach up to the full on. Don't forget the Cool Whip.