cyph0r

I am very frustrated

10 posts in this topic

I received my Biometrics appointment letter today. I should be happy to have a date and get it done etc. But in October I got into an accident and was given a ticket and a mandatory court date even though I wanted to just plead guilty and pay the fine. But because it was an accident I have to go to court to pay. Anyway, my court date is on the same day as the biometrics. My court appointment is at 8am and the biometrics is at 12pm. Would it be ok if I was late or should I play it safe and reschedule. Does anyone has any experience with rescheduling with the Atlanta office. My fear is them losing my rescheduling request and then treating my case as abandoned.

Any advice would be appreciated. I am so stressed out my head is pounding.

I received my Biometrics appointment letter today. I should be happy to have a date and get it done etc. But in October I got into an accident and was given a ticket and a mandatory court date even though I wanted to just plead guilty and pay the fine. But because it was an accident I have to go to court to pay. Anyway, my court date is on the same day as the biometrics. My court appointment is at 8am and the biometrics is at 12pm. Would it be ok if I was late or should I play it safe and reschedule. Does anyone has any experience with rescheduling with the Atlanta office. My fear is them losing my rescheduling request and then treating my case as abandoned.

Any advice would be appreciated. I am so stressed out my head is pounding.

Well, if you can finish your court by 10 a.m., you will still have enough time for your biometrics at 12 p.m. If not, either you can try to change your court date or make an INFOPASS appointment to change you biometrics appointment.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Infopass maybe?

And does this court date have any negative effect on your ability to remove conditions?

good luck to you, L.

no its just a traffic violation.

Who got the traffic violation? US Citizen or Green-card holder?

If US Citizen, got the traffic ticket, then US citizen goes to court, while LPR goes to USCIS for biometrics, I believe the US spouse is not needed at the biometrics appointment.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Infopass maybe?

And does this court date have any negative effect on your ability to remove conditions?

good luck to you, L.

no its just a traffic violation.

Who got the traffic violation? US Citizen or Green-card holder?

If US Citizen, got the traffic ticket, then US citizen goes to court, while LPR goes to USCIS for biometrics, I believe the US spouse is not needed at the biometrics appointment.

I have the court date. I am the LPR.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Again, is InfoPass an option you might want to consider? or rescheduling?
Sometimes you can just "Walk in" and get the biometrics done early. Info pass and see if they will do them for you.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had to reschedule my AOS biometrics because we would be in Texas during the appointment - I received 10 days notice of the appointment. I physically drove the request for a new date along with evidence of our flight itinerary to the Atlanta Support Center and handed it in to the guard. I also called the 1-800 number and followed the options to reschedule an appointment and talked with them. They took down the information that I couldn't make the scheduled date and advised me I would be sent a notice for the new appointment within 30 days. The notice for the new appointment arrived two weeks later. It was not a problem.

If I remember the notices correctly, Atlanta doesn't give the option of coming in on another date without an appointment, but they do reschedule. Good luck with both.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I had to reschedule my AOS biometrics because we would be in Texas during the appointment - I received 10 days notice of the appointment. I physically drove the request for a new date along with evidence of our flight itinerary to the Atlanta Support Center and handed it in to the guard. I also called the 1-800 number and followed the options to reschedule an appointment and talked with them. They took down the information that I couldn't make the scheduled date and advised me I would be sent a notice for the new appointment within 30 days. The notice for the new appointment arrived two weeks later. It was not a problem.

If I remember the notices correctly, Atlanta doesn't give the option of coming in on another date without an appointment, but they do reschedule. Good luck with both.

Thank You. I think I will reschedule to be safe and from what i'm reading it isn't too bad a process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.